Follow

Ant-Man

Movie » Ant-Man released on July 17, 2015.

A Marvel Studios film, and the first live-action adaptation of Ant-Man, starring Paul Rudd, and Michael Douglas.

Hank Pym Confirmed for Edgar Wright's Ant Man Movie

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    No Caption Provided

We're all still suffering from an information overload, even Post-SDCC. One of the biggest news revealed this past weekend was The Avengers' sequel title: Avengers: Age of Ultron.

This has been confirmed to have no relation to this year's Marvel Comics event with the same name, even so, we did get some information on the villain. As you probably already read in this week's Question of the Week Article, the appearance of Ultron will have no relation or involvement with Hank Pym, the original creator. Well, to all of you who voted "it's a big change and I'm not exactly happy about it", fear not, there is a silver lining.

io9.com just posted this:

Just now, we were interviewing Edgar Wright about his new film The World's End, and he told us that we will, indeed, meet Hank Pym in Wright's Ant-Man movie.

No Caption Provided

There you have it, Hank Pym not in the Avengers: Age of Ultron, but in Ant-Man. Now, this isn't exactly a huge reveal since most of us expected Pym's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in this movie. Even so, confirmation on this allows some breathing room on the constant questioning for this size-changing, original Avenger. Now we can ask what of Janet Van Dyne? What of the original female member of the Avengers?

With this confirmation is there some possibility that Hank will at least cameo in the Avengers sequel?

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Hmmm. It says that you will 'meet' Pym. Doesn't say that Pym is Ant Man in the movie. It might just show him creating the tech in the past while there is a different person in the suit (Lang, O'grady, or someone new)

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. It says that you will 'meet' Pym. Doesn't say that Pym is Ant Man in the movie. It might just show him creating the tech in the past while there is a different person in the suit (Lang, O'grady, or someone new)

It was said before that Hank would be in the past, with Scott Lang in the present.

I wonder if this means that Hank will just create the Pym Particles, and the suit, but not actually become Ant-man. That would suck.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@cap10nate: @v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah, I never said that Hank Pym will be Ant-Man. We just know he'll appear. I'm thinking he's just the creator of Pym Particles... If you think about it, it makes sense since he's not always keen on being a super hero. There's also the possibility that he's in the After-Credits Scene of AoU revealing himself as the real creator of Ultron.

Dudes, if Ant man Ain't Pym, the Movies sucks

I'm holding that opinion until I see a trailer.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@cap10nate said:

Exactly right.

Meeting Pym is tantamount to "meeting" Emma Frost in Origins: Wolverine.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Hmm. I guess we'll have to wait and see, no point judging it just yet :)

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

The fact that we will meet Pym doesn't mean that he will be Ant-Man in the movie.He can just be shown how creates the Pym particles or something else.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#9 dernman  Online

I agree I think it will be Scott who is Ant Man because of the talk about the movie being loosely based on the to steal an Ant-Man story.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am crossing my fingers it's Pym. If not -- just...just...

There will be no words.

What if it's Tony Stark's father who is Ant-Man?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

I am crossing my fingers it's Pym. If not -- just...just...

There will be no words.

What if it's Tony Stark's father who is Ant-Man?

O_O

Hank is supposed to exist in the past, Mr. Stark exists in the past. Like maybe Hank could create the particles/suit for or with him, but never becomes Ant-Man himself?

There would be rage. >:(

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull said:

Dudes, if Ant man Ain't Pym, the Movies sucks

The movie can't suck, it's an Edgar Wright film.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By amazing_webhead

Okay, so they're not doing that stupid "Scott Lang meets retired Pym and becomes successor" plot? Oh, thank god. Still pissed about Ultron, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.