Follow

Anole

Character » Anole appears in 1685 issues.

The reptilian mutant known as Anole was a student at the Xavier Institute. Openly gay and leader of the Alpha Squadron, he was recently promoted to the New X-Men squad before it was disbanded and is currently a member of the Young X-Men. He is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

"I like Shan. I'm sticking with her!"

pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By pixie_child

Throughout the second New Mutants title, Vic's devoted to becoming and staying with Xi'an as his advisor.  So when exactly did he switch to Northstar and why? I have no idea what series this happened in, other then that it wasn't in New Mutants II or New X-Men II.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think it was when the school enforced the new Squad scheme.  Shan was originally the librarian, and Vic was the only student for her to mentor.  I think... 

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By jordama

Actually Imma agree with Xerox-kitty. When they made the official squad system, Shan was put in charge of the kids not old enough to be on squads. Anole, being old enough was forced into having a new advisor. I don't know whether or not he chose Northstar but they did develop a bond. we see this when Northstrar is killed by Wolverine and when he is revived, it is my understanding that Anole was over joyed (I haven't read it) to see his former advisor, Northstar attacked him while under Hand(?) influence and they haven't been the same since. When cyclops sent Northstar to speak with Anole during the divided we stand arc, that is why it ended with Anole striking Jean-Paul in the same manner he had stricken him.  

after Jean-Paul's death their was a piece of dialogue between anole and shan that suggested that Anole looked up to Northstar because he was gay and an X-Men and that Shan, while a lesbian, just wasn't the same. 

pixie_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By pixie_child
    @jordama:  
    Yeah. I just haven't a clue when they actually made her in charge of the younger students / Victor was put in Northstar's squad. I know it must have happened outside the series that were focused on the students, and probably in between New Mutants II and New X-Men; Academy X, but I haven't a clue what series or for sure when. 
      RE; Northstar & Anole reunion - that's what I've gathered as well, but it happened in a series (I think Wolverine, but I'm not certain) I don't follow.

@xerox-kitty:

Yes, thank you, I remember he was her first... whatever you call it. You don't happen to remember when he actually switched, do you? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.