Follow

Alpha Lanterns

Team » Alpha Lanterns appears in 55 issues.

A subdivision of the Green Lantern Corps, the Alpha Lanterns serve as the Guardians' Internal Affairs officers and are powerful shock-troopers.

Alpha Lanterns?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

So what's the word? Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit since they barely appeared in issue 26. Looks like they have lanterns embedded in their chests. Maybe it's just been too long of a day for me but who are the two female members?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Do they have anything new? Anything different from the GL's?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Methos

help identifying these 'Alpha Lanterns' please...

Chaselon was killed by Super-boy prime In Infinite Crisis issue 7... so they've either brought him back somehow... if any of the Alpha Lanterns are alive at all lol, or it's another member of his race...

the Green Lantern Secret Histories new issue lists Green Man II is Green Man I... meaning he never died in Omega Men... weird lol

so far the Alpha Lanterns look like...

Boodika

Green Man

Chaselon

Varix

the only one I can't figure out is on the cover of GL 26 - to the right between Green Man and Chaselon... but i believe it's Iolande...

anyone else have any other thoughts on who they are?

M

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator  Online
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

thanks Fesak... that'll help me sort out most of the team :D

M

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Copy

So basically the alpha lanterns are just a bunch of Ions right?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Darkchild

in the pic the girl under Chaselon their looks to be as if theirs another hand under her left arm

and in the upper right corner begins what looks to be another person kinda snake like. i remember their being a snake like GL somewhere in the list someone help me, or tell me im seeing things

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Copy

What I mean is that they are trying to give people gl power without the use of rings.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

no... there are only 5 of them so far...

dunno what you think your seeing lol

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darkchild

that other arm is Chaselons leg lol

but whats thaat green thing swirling around the pic and characters

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

nah, not that powerful... somewhere inbetween normal GL level power and Ion (2nd) level power...

N

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Methos

Darkchild says:

"that other arm is Chaselons leg lolbut whats thaat green thing swirling around the pic and characters"

no idea... fancy artwork? lol

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Methos

nah, they still need their rings and batteries... but they're now internal... kinda like the Corpse...

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"Darkchild says:
    "that other arm is Chaselons leg lolbut whats thaat green thing swirling around the pic and characters"

no idea... fancy artwork? lol

M"

ahhhh it reminds me of a GL that looks like a snake like creature im trying to find it

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Methos

Darkchild says:

"ahhhh it reminds me of a GL that looks like a snake like creature im trying to find it"

there was Elqa and Oliversi that were 'snake like'... but i think they were both killed in Emerald Twilight

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"Darkchild says:
    "ahhhh it reminds me of a GL that looks like a snake like creature im trying to find it"

there was Elqa and Oliversi that were 'snake like'... but i think they were both killed in Emerald Twilight

M"

as were a few of the Alphas correct Boodika should be dead am i not right

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Methos

Darkchild says:

"as were a few of the Alphas correct Boodika should be dead am i not right"

nope... Boodika only had her arm cut off, she was left alive by Parallax...

Chaselon is the only one that confused me because i thought Emoman prime killed him

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"Darkchild says:

Chaselon is the only one that confused me because i thought Emoman prime killed him

M

"

from what i read he should be dead i know. hmm guess ill either find out by reading it or from hearing it from u

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

might just be another of Chaselon's species... there has never been much said about them, for all we know they might all be chaselon and be a collective crystalline consciousness lol (try saying that 5 times fast lol)

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"might just be another of Chaselon's species... there has never been much said about them, for all we know they might all be chaselon and be a **collective crystalline consciousness** lol (try saying that 5 times fast lol)M"

yeah could be. i mean ive read all of the info off that one GL site and from what i read he should be dead. and i tried and failed miserably

Bob-A-Ferret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bob-A-Ferret

Methos says:

"Darkchild says:

M"

EL'QA SQA ZREENAH that you are referring to is half Snake and half humanoid blue skinned.El'Qa Sqa Zreenah had been battling the warlike Statejians for years, in what seemed to be a hopeless cause. Then he was selected to join the Green Lantern Corps.

[Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps Secret Files #1]

Some time later, Green Lantern El'Qa Sqa Zreenah was in deep space and under siege by the Statejians. Blasted by solar cannons, the energy inflicted severe damage on the Green Lantern. He believed he may have been mortally wounded. El'Qa Sqa Zreenah commanded his power ring to take him to the nearest inhabited planet, Qualar IV.

He ordered his ring to seek out one among who was completely without fear. The search did not go well. Across the planet, each candidate fainted in terror at the touch of the emerald light.

El'Qa Sqa Zreenah was astounded by the results. The ring had found only one on Qualar IV that appeared to be without fear, but had rejected him. El'Qa Sqa Zreenah was in no mood for discussion and commanded the ring to bring that candidate to him.

The ring brought Perdoo. The Green Lantern tried explaining the many responsibilities to Perdoo, but the native of Qualar IV was easily distracted by flitterbys, local flying insects similar to butterflies on Earth. The oath did not go as well as El'Qa Sqa Zreenah would have liked, but it had to do. Before going off into space, Perdoo saw to El'Qa Sqa Zreenah's injuries.

The newest Green Lantern believed the Statejians were giant flitterbys and grew very annoyed when they attacked him. Unprepared for this new Green Lantern, the Statejians inadvertently turned their weapons on themselves. Perdoo's world was saved.

Perdoo returned to Qualar IV, to the praise of El'Qa Sqa Zreenah. The injured Green Lantern was proud he had chose such a worthy successor as Perdoo. Even though he survived his injuries, El'Qa Sqa Zreenah was prepared to relinquish the title of Green Lantern to one so noble and worthy. The newest Green Lantern appeared unmoved. He returned the ring to El'Qa Sqa Zreenah, requesting lunch.

El'Qa Sqa Zreenah returned Perdoo to his home, which was actually a mental hospital on Qualar IV. Perdoo was the only one without fear on that world because he was mentally unbalanced.

[Green Lantern Annual Vol. 3 #5]

Now that the Green Lantern Corps has expanded with two Lanterns per space sector, Perdoo has been inducted into the Corps as the partner of El'Qa Sqa Zreenah.

On Qualar IV the two battled their opposite numbers in the Sinestro Corps. Perdoo faced off against the Sinestro Corps member from Qualar IV, while El'Qa Sqa Zreenah fought someone from his own species. They were called back to Oa after the Guardians ordered a Code Black, but as their fight was ongoing at the time, the outcome is not currently known. It is believed that both Lanterns survived the Sinestro Corps Wars.

[Green Lantern Vol. 4 #22] and he has a Sinestro corp equivalent neither have been seen since the war to my knowledge however neither are listed as haven fallen. in fact he is listed as active with his partner Perdoo in sector 2234. So I doubt he is and alpha lantern.

OLIVERSITY was one of the Green Lanterns responsible for guarding Sinestro when he was brought to trial on Oa. He was a friend of Kilowog, and was in the "firing squad" that executed Sinestro. he is very much alive and as he a member of a race of snare snakes he is one of the most poisonous reptiles in the DC universe. His Venom has been used to create antitoxins to combat disease through out his sector, but some scientists have discovered that the antitoxins might have long term harmful effects on its recipients an assertion oliversity is still exploring. he is not an alpha lantern as of yet, and I doubt he will ever be.

also there is Zghithii who is a silkworm alien but looks like a cobra.

Zghithii was one of three Green Lanterns that helped Xax (grasshopper looking GL)fend off the Spider Guild invasion of Xaos. Zghittii is a hojian silkworm who spins some of the finest story tapestries in the DCU. A fiercely Loyal friend and fighter, Zghithii once fought courageously with Xax to stop the spider guild invasion of xaos. He was distraught when he learned of XAx's Death at the hand of lady Styx and has since retreated into seclusion. I would not doubt he would have joined originally but as he was not revealed as one of the first 5I doubt he would join after seeing what has happened to his friends.

Bob-A-Ferret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bob-A-Ferret

Darkchild says:

"Methos says:
    "Darkchild says:

M

"

from what i read he should be dead i know. hmm guess ill either find out by reading it or from hearing it from u

"

there are actually several members of Chaselons spiecies that are Gls, or at least there where at one timemost have died at this point those listed as fallen are

Diamalon hailed from Barrio III in Space Sector 1416 and was partnered with veteran Green Lantern Chaselon.

Following the explosive abduction of Ion AKA Green Lantern Kyle Raynor, Diamalon was among a number of members of the Green Lantern Corps who ventured out from behind the hole in Oa's protective armor.

Chaselon has sworn to Diamalon’s parents that he would take vengeance against Bedovian. Diamalon is memorialized in the Crypts of the Green Lantern Corps on Oa.

Sandra Batorn Next to nothing is known of Sandro Batorn. He was killed by Plasma Fig during the Battle of Qward's moon.

Chaselon Was thought to have been shattered by Parallax, but he was discovered along side the "lost Lanterns" on the Manhunter home world of Biot. After the sinestro corp member bedovian killed his partner ,Diamalon. (who many have mistakenly have thought to be chaselon himself. He promised to bring Diamlons killer to justice at any cost including his own soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.