cerial442's All-New X-Men #5 review

Avatar image for cerial442

Building to something

This was a good issue, but we are still just building up.

Basically Beast is dying, and Jean and Hank McCoy go into his head to try and save him. While in there Jean learns some of the stuff that is eventually going to happen to the young X-Men.

On the other side Scott continues to build his army.

We learn some facts about what exactly is happening to Beast, and we have some setup for the next issue.

This book is more solid than the other X-Men books I read. While this is twice a month, every other issue doesn't feel like filler (which is exactly what happens in Wolverine and the X-Men). Sure we are still building up, but its a good slow build (even though the book comes out at a rapid pace). I thought the concept of this series was dumb when it originally was announced, but I was proven wrong.