ironhawk22's All-New X-Men #1 - What Happens Now? review

Avatar image for ironhawk22

X-Citing New Era for the X-Men!

Cover: Fantastic two sided cover, I love the writing on the bottom for MARVEL NOW(!!!).

Art.

The art is great, one small complaint is on some pages the colors are a bit dark and the letters are kind of smeared.

Story and Script.

One word: Iceman. Iceman steals the show in this issue with his humor. I really like Cyclopes NOW(!!!), I've never been a huge fan but I find him much more interesting as of late. The new characters in this issue seem interesting as well.

Something I don't like so much is how Magneto is kind of just there, not really doing much. I really like Magneto(thanks to X-Men: Magneto Testament; which I may talk more about in the not so distant future). The development with Beast is extremely interesting. Another fault with this issue is the last pages were spoiled like months ago.

Overall: Pick it up!

Other reviews for All-New X-Men #1 - What Happens Now?

Surprisingly good. 0

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This series I was originally quite sceptical about I mean I didn't really buy the idea of the five original X-men coming forward in time it just seemed like a lame idea but I was intrested to see what would happen and it was actually pretty good I'm also probably going to buy the whole of this series. Note some images may get repeated when I talk about the artist because I'm go have a serious talk about why Stuart Immonem is so good.PlotThis issue starts off with Beast Muta...

A new beginning for mutants (or not) 0

I remember when X-Men books were about helping young new mutants to learn how to control their powers, but since M Day this has been a distant place for the children of the atom. This new installment brings back this feeling of the X-Men being responsible for helping new mutants on how to control their abilities, though it's unclear of what intention, since the one picking up the new mutants is none other than Cyclops. Summers' initiative of enlisting these new mutants to his cause (also unknown...