Follow

Alan Scott

Character » Alan Scott appears in 2027 issues.

Alan Scott, the bearer of the mystical Starheart, is the original Golden Age Green Lantern and a founding member of the Justice Society of America. An all-time great, Alan continues to fight for truth, justice and freedom well into old age as a member of the Justice Society. He has now been introduced as an iconic gay character in DC's new reboot, Infinite Frontier.

What does everyone think of Alan Scott's Earth 2 costume?

Avatar image for lightningtiger2190
    LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the outfit is very awkward looking because of it being entirely gree. I feel they need to go back to the original design from the Cover of Issue 3 or change the color scheme to to green and black. The area where the collar bone and shoulders are would be green along with bracers and boots. The rest of the suit would be black. I feel right now he looks like a Peter Pan that grew up accidentally.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KnightRise

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnightRise said:

More color, but no black. At least it sets him apart from Earth-0's Lanterns. And a cape would be sweet.

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Superguy0009e

@LightningTiger2190: maybe white or different shades of green/ mixtures of green

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KnightRise

@LightningTiger2190 said:

@KnightRise said:

What other colors do you think would be a good fit? I feel if it is all green at least use different shades of green. Imagine if Batman was all black.

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnightRise said:

@KnightRise said:

Looks like slightly different shades of green to me; parts of it have sheen. I would have been cool to me if the top of his armor was oft-red and the bottom was blue-green, with the green armor looking parts and a dark purple cape with green highlights, like maybe his costume was influenced by what he wore when he first got his powers (If he were drawn wearing those colors before hand). Plus, it would look more famillar to JSA the top of Alan Scott fans.

I like those ideas. I think the reason for the complete green is because the designer was inspired by the kingdom come armor and decided it would be as coo if it was in a more tight like form.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnightRise

@KnightRise said:

@KnightRise said:

I like those ideas. I think the reason for the complete green is because the designer was inspired by the kingdom come armor and decided it would be as coo if it was in a more tight like form.

The KC armor was pretty cool. I've seen either concept or fan art for Earth-2 issue 3 that looks like it but green and purple, which again, I would be ok with. I'm just a fan of when existing costumes are made more pratical and updated lol. I think the old costumes that looked like clothes only worked in the Golden age.

How'd you like Jay Garrick's new costume? Personally I love it; its unique and streamlined and I can tell that its obviously Jay.

LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KnightRisesaid:

@KnightRise said:

@KnightRise said:

The KC armor was pretty cool. I've seen either concept or fan art for Earth-2 issue 3 that looks like it but green and purple, which again, I would be ok with. I'm just a fan of when existing costumes are made more pratical and updated lol. I think the old costumes that looked like clothes only worked in the Golden age.

How'd you like Jay Garrick's new costume? Personally I love it; its unique and streamlined and I can tell that its obviously Jay.

: I like Jay's costume tge most so far. it isn't and altered earth zero flash costume and has an interesting look. I like that it isn't spandex like but more akin to leather. He looks more protected than the classic jay. The worst parties tge helmet but even then it isn't that bad and it was probably necessary.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By noj

His costume is alright but would SERIOUSLY benefit from a cape

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

Eh I thought it was going to be something different. There were other versions that I prefer.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By the_tree

I'd like it to look more like it does in this fan image:

By Michael “Mic” Magtanong
    By Michael “Mic” Magtanong

But with a cape, with green being the outside color of the cape, and black being the inside color.

LightningTiger2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Tree said:

I'd like it to look more like it does in this fan image:

But with a cape, with green being the outside color of the cape, and black being the inside color.

I agree. I personally think that green and black go well together. Although I'm Iffy on the cape. I would have to see it on the costume to make a final judgement.

No Caption Provided

This design is similar to the one you posted. I like this one the best. A cape wouldn't be bad now that i think about it.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
    captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Put a cape on. It still looks badass, though. It's better than his pre-52 outfit in my opinion.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390
    No Caption Provided

i like his new 52 custume much better makes him look alot more of a real green lantern, never like his lame old uncool cape outfit and i really hope they don't change it back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.