Watch Every Episode of Agents of SHIELD Spinoff Slingshot Here

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD aired its winter finale last week. If you're wondering what to watch this week with the absence of a new episode, Marvel has you covered. A digital-series spinoff was announced after last week's episode. The six-part series, entitled Slingshot, focuses on Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez and includes other cast members of the show.

Yo-Yo is an Inhuman with the ability to run at super-speed but has to return to her point of origin immediately, hence the name "Yo-Yo." The digital series is executive produced by Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell, Jeph Loeb, and Geoffrey Colo. Marvel's chief creative officer, Joe Quesada, directed the first episode. You can watch all the episodes below:

Episode 1 - Vendetta

Episode 2 - John Hancock

Episode 3 - Progress

Episode 4 - Reunion

Episode 5 - Deal Breaker

Episode 6 - Justica

Agents of SHIELD returns on January 10, 2017.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I enjoyed it, although it amounts to about half an episode. I hope Marvel continues with it. Be nice to see a conclusion to Agent Carter through something similar or some shorts with the Howling Commandos or Mockingbird, or Damage Control (If that show doesn't end up happening), or just to develop current characters a more with some fun side plots.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It would have been cool if they did something like this for Bobbi and Hunter's show so that it didnt end up trashed. Really sucks how this season has been really cool but is held back by missing its two best characters.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched yet, how much action is in it, does she get any good feats

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@teerack said:

It would have been cool if they did something like this for Bobbi and Hunter's show so that it didnt end up trashed. Really sucks how this season has been really cool but is held back by missing its two best characters.

Them and Deathlock. They could establish what they are doing right now, then it would be easier to have them showup for an episode or two as well, if the oppurtunity presents itself.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think the only thing like this I'd care to watch would be a series w/Agent May.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Cool, don't know about this. Reminds me of Heroes a bit.

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

These were just kind of meh for me, but still better than nothing at all.

I was under the impression that we'd only get one or two of these webisodes a week until the show came back in January. Does that mean it's over until then or are we gonna get a fresh batch next Tuesday?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
    No Caption Provided
    • Pretty cool seeing the ramifications of the Sokovia Accords. I'm wondering how the Defenders series is going to deal with this.
    • Damn, Yo-Yo is seriously fast.
    • I hope they do more of this type of thing, I still miss the One-shots, imagine a ten minute short with Luke Cage and Iron Fist, Spider-Man and Daredevil etc.
    kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story seemed rather lightweight, but I enjoyed it for the characters. I think Elena has been the best part of pretty much every episode she's in. I'm hoping they wise up and make her series regular on the real show.

On a side note, it struck me as odd that they had a different director for every 3-to-5 minute "episode." The entire "series" ran for less than half an hour. Why not get one director for the whole thing? Seems like it would be less of a hassle, creatively and logistically.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

Oh, it's also cool to get a sense of continuity between Luke Cage's Judas bullets, the tech the robbers were using in the Homecoming trailer and the Watchdogs getting their hands on disintegrating tech. Shows how this stuff is hitting the streets.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.