Agents of SHIELD Team Roster Shaken up in "Parting Shot" [Spoilers]

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The agents are on another intense mission as the tension over the rising number of Inhumans continues. A Russian delegate has voted for a sanctuary state to be built in their country. This leads to an undercover mission where the agents face an evil Inhuman and the Russian government. After this mission, the team will never be the same again.

Warning: Spoilers for season 3, episode 13 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Parting Shot," will be discussed below.

Bobbi and Hunter stow away on Gideon Malick's private plane as he takes the Russian delegate back to Russia. Malick is secretly interested in the proposed Inhuman sanctuary, so he can obtain Inhumans for the ancient entity known as the Hive.

Bobbi and Hunter are joined by May, Daisy, and Mack. There turns out to be an evil Inhuman there. A Russian general has the ability to control his shadow from afar. The shadow already killed the Russian prime minister's attaché,. Malick is pushing for the General to take out the prime minister in order to start a coup.

No Caption Provided

In order to save the Prime Minister, Bobbi shoots and kills the General in front of several guards. She and Hunter are taken into custody and are blamed for the deaths of three members of the Russian government.

During the interrogation, neither Bobbi nor Hunter will admit S.H.I.E.L.D. is still in operation. They claim they were on vacation. Eventually, the President arrives with an advisor to the ACTU (Phil Coulson). The President is adamant that S.H.I.E.L.D. doesn't exist.

Coulson goes in to talk to Bobbi and Hunter. He disables the surveillance to the room and has a plan for them to escape. Bobbi and Hunter will be be brought back to the U.S. and given new identities. They both refuse. They want to take the bullet in order to protect S.H.I.E.L.D. They will continue to insist that they are no longer members, and it no longer exists.

Bobbi and Hunter are disavowed. They're free but can no longer be agents. As Bobbi and Hunter sit in a bar to figure out what they'll do next, they start receiving anonymous shots of alcohol. Looking around, they see Simmons, Fitz, Daisy, Mack, and Coulson at separate parts of the bar. Because Hunter and Bobbi are being watched, none of them can actually talk. They all raise their drink in a silent spy's goodbye.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

With Bobbi and Hunter no longer a part of S.H.I.E.L.D., this provides the set up for the upcoming spinoff, Marvel's Most Wanted, with the two characters. S.H.I.E.L.D. has to operate behind the scenes. If other nations discovered they were working with and training Inhumans, it would be seen as an act of war. Some Inhumans could be considered weapons of mass destruction.

The end scene was brutal to watch. You really feel the emotions between the characters. This also explains why during our set visit a couple weeks ago, Nick Blood (Hunter) was extremely coy in what might be coming up for his character. It could also explain why Adrianne Palicki was not there.

It's almost a shame the evil General Inhuman was killed. He had a cool power and could have provided a threat later on. Then again, it's not a problem to create new Inhuman threats or bring in some from the comics. It will be interesting to see if there's more follow up or mourning over the loss of two members in the weeks to follow.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

I truly did NOT think I'd care about the fate of Mockingbird and Hunter. Yet the end scene actually got to me and I was surprised. I will chalk that up to the other actors and their acting and not necessarily the characters themselves.

Although I still am having problems wanting to get vested in another show along these lines esp with Bobbi and Hunter. Esp Hunter. *sorry* On the fence yet.

Regarding language and the agents not knowing how to read Cyrillic and/or speak Russian; why don't they have a frikkin' "app" or program at their disposal for such events? Hell, aren't there some apps already in existence in the real world that can actually photo-capture signs and words and help translate them from their native language to English? Why don't the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have such tech, even with their limited resources?

It also got on my nerves having Bobbi tell Daisy "just to hack" the computer. I am so so so tired of characters automatically having that "power" to hack into anything and everything. Even though Daisy is talented in this area.

Despite my complaints it was an overall good episode. Now we don't have too many characters running around on the team.

Skyhawk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

That ending.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again is there a reason you're writing all this up yet not "reviewing" the show?

As for the episode I feel like the majority of it was just alright but the ending actually had my eyes watering a bit with their goodbye. I was really hoping the Shadow was the actual minor character from the comics but the character seemed to have been completely made up for the episode.

Hopefully Most Wanted is good and the characters leaving doesn't hurt the show in anyway.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I get needing to streamline the team a bit - the cast was becoming a bit unwieldy. But Bobbi and Hunter were actually two of the best agents on the team, so they'll be missed.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrimeEarth2016

The bar scene at the end made me cry, I cant wait for their show to start now.

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Feartheliving: I believe that it was a different staff member that did the AOS reviews, think his handle was "ktzman" if I spelt it correctly. So I guess this is as close to a review that we'll get. It maybe up to us the users to do reviews here in the comments section.

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingks said:

@Feartheliving: I believe that it was a different staff member that did the AOS reviews, think his handle was "ktzman" if I spelt it correctly. So I guess this is as close to a review that we'll get. It maybe up to us the users to do reviews here in the comments section.

Nah Tony did the AOS reviews.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Over the course of these past few years I have grown to love Mockingbird in the comics. She quickly became one of my favorite characters (Thanks to Jim McCann and Matt Fraction). So when I heard she was coming to Agents of SHIELD I freaked...

This ending was soooooo sad! "The spy's goodbye" was incredibly emotional! I understand that this is setting up Most Wanted but it's still sad to see them go from this show. This sucks even more now, because it sets them up as less likely to appear in an MCU movie.

Can't wait to see them on their show... Hopefully, they'll decide to start up the WCA and we'll get to see Dominic Fortune and Twitchy.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@sora_thekey: Delroy Lindo was cast as Dominic Fortune for the pilot of Most Wanted.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hunter is one of the only entertaining characters on AoS, so a show with him and Bobbi might be good...

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Them feels tho...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@stahlflamme: Did not know that! Yes! I don't know the actor but I'm excited to see Dominic Fortune!

Space_Coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sucks that they're gone from AoS. On the plus side, maybe they can bring in another Inhuman/Secret Warrior or Deathlok onto the team. The "Secret Warriors" roster so far is a little anemic.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

Pretty gutting actually, really not a fan of this MMW idea.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Not sure why but I wasn't feeling the farewell or the way that Bobbie and Hunter were able to skip prosecution. Didn't dislike the episode overall though.

I really hope they bring Deathlock back now. And I also hope that the spin-off is good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.