Agents Of SHIELD: 5 Shocking Developments From Season 4, Episode 14

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

SHIELD is aware Radcliffe is working with the Superior. Unfortunately Director Mace has been captured and is being used as bait to lure Coulson into his clutches. With Agent May still in Radcliffe's clutches, it's time for SHIELD to launch an assault to bring their own back home.

Warning: Spoilers for Season 4, Episode 14 of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, "The Man Behind The Shield," will be discussed below.

Director Mace Is Tortured

Director Mace sacrificed himself to give Fitz and Simmons time to capture Shockley. He awoke, chained in a prison cell. He still had some super-strength left from the serum and found the door unlocked. In the hallway, he ran into the Superior. It turned out he used the last of his strength breaking his bonds. The Superior was able to easily knock him out. Later, the Superior tortured Mace, trying to get him to denounce SHIELD. He's figured out Mace had been using a serum for his strength. When Mace stated he believed in Coulson and SHIELD, the Superior cut him loose and allowed his men to come in and fight him. As he was nearly beaten to death, Coulson and the team arrived and saved him.

Coulson's Past With May And Connection To The Superior

No Caption Provided

SHIELD tracked Mace's armor to Alaska. There, Coulson discovered he was the focus of an investigation as photos and documents were taped to the wall. Daisy found out there an old mine owned by the Superior which was the site Coulson was sent to years ago to retrieve an 0-8-4. This was back when Coulson had Level 4 clearance. Agent May requested to follow him on the mission. In the present, the Superior called Coulson and blamed him for his comrades being tortured and killed for failing to retrieve the object. Coulson confessed to the Superior that he still didn't know who he was, or even remembered what object they retrieved.

When May and Coulson escaped the soldiers in the past, they continued their discussion of possibly trying to go on a date if things didn't work out with her current "civilian" boyfriend. She thought that relationship wasn't going to work out at the time but ended up marrying Dr. Andrew Garner (who became the Inhuman Lash last season).

Quake Vs. The Superior

No Caption Provided

When Mace was rescued, Daisy got the chance to face with the Superior. This was her chance to fight the man responsible for hunting Inhumans through the Watchdog group. She used her powers but he was still able to hit her with one of his knives. She decided to switch to hand-to-hand combat. With a combination of her fists and powers, she knocked him out as some rubble from the ceiling landed on him.

Is this the end of the Superior? See below.

Aida Gets (More) Creepy

No Caption Provided

Radcliffe started spending more time in the Framework, his huge virtual world. The Superior wasn't happy that Aida was meant to be Radcliffe's proxy while he was in there. Along with despising alien life, the Superior belittled Aida as being fake since she was an LMD (Life Model Decoy). After he spoke to her, she touched the necklace she took from Agnes, the woman she was modeled after. This showed she was affected by his words. When Mace was getting beaten, she watched through the cell door, seemingly fascinated. After the Superior was defeated and SHIELD was forced to make a quick getaway, she went the Superior's body and was pleased to see he was still alive. She mentioned their plan worked, most likely referring to Radcliffe. She coldly told him he still has not served his purpose and repeated the insults he used towards her.

You Get An LMD, And You Get An LMD...

No Caption Provided

The agents were forced to leave abruptly to get medical attention for Mace. Back in the lab, Simmons felt uneasy with timetable for the mission. There was a piece of time when she and Fitz didn't have contact with the others because the comms were down. She then discovered that the LMD detector at the base was disabled and a report was deleted from the records. With her SHIELD clearance, she was able to see it was Coulson that deleted the file. An image showed Daisy, Coulson, Mace, and Mack walking through the corridor when the alarm went off. Further investigation revealed four LMDs were detected. All four had been replaced at the base.

In the Director's office, the Coulson/LMD brings out the May LMD and said they've waited around long enough.

No Caption Provided

Our Thoughts

When the teaser for the LMD arc was released, it hinted at the idea of multiple agents/cast members being replaced. The show is taking an interesting approach with the LMD reveals. May being replaced and discovered by the others happened quickly. It seemed the show could have easily strung along viewers with the mystery of who else had been replaced. Even when it was shown another LMD was detected in the deleted file, they could have kept us guessing. We can assume the showrunners have this story arc plotted out. It's going to come down to Fitz and Simmons to save the others. They may know that those four were replaced, but there could be more LMDs, as far as they know. Next week they'll be scrambling to figure out who they can trust and how to save everyone.

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bl00dwerK

I don't like how the articles don't leave the top after I've read them. Can ya'll change that back, please?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Really good episode with a good ending.

I guess I empathise with the Superior's ideology a little bit because I really wanted Daisy to fight him fair and square.

I think LMD May will help FitzSimmons.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

4/5 stars for me. I love the ending with Aida.

"Even filth has its purpose".

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mfundroid

Agents Of SHIELD really knows how to keep the viewers guessing don't they? In a good way that is.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good episode with a good ending.

I guess I empathise with the Superior's ideology a little bit because I really wanted Daisy to fight him fair and square.

I think LMD May will help FitzSimmons.

I have the same hunch, although i'm pretty sure Skye is not an LMD, Aida must've been counting May as one of the four, and I still have my suspicions with Fitz

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
    spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: Thank God for Aida!! She's one of the main reasons the show is great. The Superior is not very well done unless again Aida has plans for him as she said.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@rukelnikovftw: Why wouldn't Daisy be an LMD.

First of all because i don't think Aida could put her down as to switch her with an LMD, and second, because how is an LMD gonna replicate Skye's powers??

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@rukelnikovftw: The Coulson or Mack LMDs could just walk up to her and ice her in the back and she has not used her powers since the fight with Ivanov before she was replaced. The promo also shows her holding a rifle suggesting she doesn't have her powers.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: Thats true, but the promo also shows, Coulson, May and Mace connected to the framework while Aida says that "4 LMDs are in place at shield". Guess we'll to wait n see.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By apg103

Am I the only one who thinks The Superior was awesome?

I hope he's not dead.

Most likely the Russians will come up with a new formula based on what Jeffery Mace took.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rukelnikovftw: Didn't the computer tell FitzSimmons that all four 'people' onscreen were LMDs though?

@apg103: I like him too, he was pretty cliche to begin with, but I like how they're fleshing out his backstory and making him pretty badass. I think he probably would've beaten Skye in h2h combat if she hadn't bashed him around with her powers.

He's definitely alive, AIDA said so at the end.

MegaSharkLaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the best season of AoS so far.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Well, I didn't get that part, we're shown a pic of the four of them with a red LMD warning, and then Simmons says its all of them, i thought it was her guess, but maybe you are right, she could have been iced by FakeCoul or FakeMack

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good episode

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I got a little confused, when exactly did Coulson, Daisy, Mace and Skye got replaced ??

Also, on a different subject, do you think Tony Stark is smarter than either Leo or Radcliff ??

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@thor_parker82: There was actually a point where Simmons is wondering where everybody is because they've been gone for ages and hadn't been active over comms IIRC, then they immediately show up. So Coulson, Mack and Mace must have been captured shortly after saving Mace and Daisy just after defeating the Superior.

Nope, Tony's smarter by a considerable degree in my opinion, some of his best feats are:

• Designed and built the Iron Man suit in a cave, with a box of scraps...
    • Miniaturised Arc Reactor Technology, basically solving the energy crisis.
    • Created repulsor technology amongst many other devices in his multitude of suits.
    • Nearly perfecting the Extremis virus on a napkin while hungover and later develops a cure for Pepper.

I'd say that these characters are smarter than Radcliffe (not including non-human characters)

Specifically:

• Tony Stark
    • Bruce Banner
    • Hank Pym
    • Howard Stark
    • Ivan Vaanko
    • Darren Cross - Maybe
    • Franklin Hall - Maybe
    • Johann Schmidt/Abraham Erskine - Maybe

Probably T'challa too once we see more of him.

FitzSimmons and Donnie Gill are probably on par with him.

I've considered making an MCU Intelligence Tiers Thread, but I don't think it would generate much interest.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I would be very interested in the Intelligence Tiers Thread.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator
    d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

the superior seems even more lame. He did all this because his unit failed to stop may and Colson? What a baby? Shouldn't he mad at the people who executed them for failing?

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to like this show but somehow it regularly fails to impress. Aida, Quake, and Coulson are the only things keeping me interested, and the Superior was a huge letdown (some random soldier dude is the big boss of the big bad organization seriously...until this episode I didnt even realize hes the actual Superior and not just another lackey).

tuyew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME NEWS. AWESOME NEWS. AWESOME NEWS

Ella . even though Rita `s story is really great, last Thursday I bought a gorgeous Dodge after making $5825 this past 5 weeks and-just over, ten-grand last-month . it's actually my favorite-job I've ever had . I started this six months/ago and immediately was bring in home at least $76 per-hr .

navigate to this web-site+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+ http://www.josky2day.com

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.