4 Developments From Agents of SHIELD: Season 3, Episode 15 [SPOILERS]

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The agents have been coming across more and more new Inhumans. Lincoln claims they're part of a grand design. When Daisy reaches out and touches one being taken by HYDRA, she's given a glimpse into the future, which does not look good for her or the team. Will they be able to change the future, or are they fated to the visions she saw?

Warning: Spoilers for season 3, episode 15 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., "Spacetime," will be discussed below.

Ward/Hive Gets a New Look

Perhaps it's not exactly a new look, but at least he has a new outfit. No more walking around shirtless and shoeless for Grant Ward/Hive. Since Hive took over his body, we've seen him sitting around looking emaciated as he ate pieces of raw meat. He started his road to recovery by unleashing his powers on some human "volunteers," in order to consume their essence. This resulted in a gooey mess but appeared to heal Ward's broken body. As Hive gets closer to full strength, he's decided to update his wardrobe as well.

No Caption Provided

What Does Malick Really Want?

When Hive talks to Malick, it becomes clear he wants power. Malick's ancestors believed they would be rewarded if they managed to bring Hive over into the world and free him from being trapped on Maveth. Malick is already a rich and powerful man. He wants to take over the world. After using Coulson's discarded hand (which was used to kill Ward on Maveth), they track down the company that helped build it. Malick ends up with an exoskeleton that gives him physical power. He uses this to fight Daisy. We'll be finding out more about Malick's past in the next episode.

No Caption Provided

Andrew/Lash's Return

In the future Daisy saw, she ends up getting shot. In order to try to prevent the chain of events, the agents work through the scenario she witnessed except with May taking her place. This plan is thwarted when Andrew, May's ex, turns himself in to S.H.I.E.L.D. He's been able to transform back and forth into Lash, but after his next change, the Andrew part of him may be gone. He wanted to say goodbye to May. Simmons tries using the vaccine she's been working on to stop the Terrigenesis process. Sadly, it didn't work. Andrew becomes Lash in the containment unit and May is unable to do anything about it.

The Agents See "Ward"

While prepping for their mission to save Charles, the new Inhuman, and change the future, the agents get a glimpse of Ward/Hive when Fitz hacks into the building's security footage. They're not sure what to make of it. They're not too surprised to see that somehow Ward is turning up again. Fitz feels it's really "something else."

No Caption Provided

Thoughts

The angle of seeing the future and trying to change it is always fun to see. Because Daisy wasn't supposed to take part in the mission, we really see the team come together as they try to work out the best way to make it through the vision. When we first saw the coming events, it added some suspense as we tried to make sense of what everything meant. Daisy also gets one final vision from Charles with the quinjet exploding out in space. This is the same thing we saw at the beginning of episode 11.

May got a little bit of closure with Andrew. She had a lot of anger over the fact that he lied about his transformation as well as the fact he's been murdering Inhumans. Andrew wanting to say goodbye allowed us to see she does still care. She may not want to show her feelings, but they are there. This was evident when she saw the vaccine wasn't working on him.

With Hive gaining more strength, we get to see his creepy nature as he calmly talks to Malick about what he wants. There's still a lot we don't know about Hive. We've only seen a small portion of his powers used. We've also been wondering when the agents would find out that Ward was back--or that his body is back and is now under Hive's control. This is leading to a confrontation between the agents and Hive which is likely to be pretty messy.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Hive gets a new look
    And next week on shield tentacle-head.

Also with the military cybernetiks company that helped shield build coulsons hand and Hive being after different technology in that place, could we see Deathlok again soon?

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
    Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Fantastic episode

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

I hope Slingshot doesnt Dié.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I hope Slingshot doesnt die.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intense episode.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogueshadow  Moderator

This was an awesome episode, it felt more like the first episode of a two-part season finale that leads into the big bang.

Also, how the hell did they get away with the head crushing... my God that was horrifying, more like something I'd expect on the Netflix shows.

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

This episode reminded me of the new Civil War II story line, yknow should they use knowledge of the future to change it or let it run its course. Seemed like fitz was alone in his "we shouldnt change it" view.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blizaga101: I know they need to make some chars have different points of view to make it more interesting, but I cant believe Fitz was pretty much saying Daisy you should let yourself be killed and not try to change it just cus thats how it works.

Fantastic episode.

Falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neo Ward is my new favorite Ward.

KingKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer: lol lol lol....I pointed out that matrix connection last week, but another user reminded me that it's similar to hive's actual comic look. However, that an awesome name lol lol lol. Great episode I throughly enjoyed it, highly anticipating the finale.

Happy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Happy007

@primeearth2016: I don't think Fitz ever mentioned that they shouldn't try to change the future. If i remember correctly, his stance was that you COULDN'T change it.

Happy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty excited to see what leads a quinjet into space and spooked at whose death that vision leads to.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blizaga101: I know they need to make some chars have different points of view to make it more interesting, but I cant believe Fitz was pretty much saying Daisy you should let yourself be killed and not try to change it just cus thats how it works.

Fantastic episode.

He didn't say that he even helped train may. He just didn't believe it was possible and so far it seems like he is right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
    deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do I have this geeling that there's gonna be a huge fight between hive and lash

Happy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax1998: Yeah, that kinda got foreshadowed with the whole, maybe SHIELD could use Lash after i am gone, thing. I still wonder what it would take to bring down Hive. Still know so very little of his powers.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

I feel like this episode had a Daredevil-like feel (not comparing the two). The one-shot Daisy battle with the guards, the gore-ish face-melting, the intense, race-against time plot.

AoS has really stepped up their game. This episode was great! And I really like the way Fitz approached time. Basically, unlike what you learn in Days of the Future Past or Flash, time is unchangeable. You can peer into the future (with Inhuman abilities) the way memories work but you can't change them... The way memories work.

Also, I noticed something Lincon said... Basically, Inhumans' powers are given as part of a need. We got a future-seer a season back with Raina. She died, so now we got Charlie, a I'm-gonna-let-you-see-the-future-death-of-someone-er... Probably filling that gap that Inhuman powers are given. Same goes with Gordon the teleporter. We saw a few episodes back Eden Fesi's name, who is a teleporter in the comics, on a piece of paper.

So... Maybe Lash's role as "balance-keeper" is not so crazy.

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hive gets a new look

And next week on shield tentacle-head.

Also with the military cybernetiks company that helped shield build coulsons hand and Hive being after different technology in that place, could we see Deathlok again soon?

I was hoping the same thing. Even with the episode before with Felix Blake mentioning what Deathlok did to him. At the end of that episode, I thought Blake was going to get Deathlok technology. I hope they do bring him back before the end of the season, or, in my wildest dreams, gets his own spinoff show.

I have a feeling the person on the Quinjet with the cross is Mack.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnstar1230: Mack was my initial guess, but with Daisy seeing it as the vision of the future seems to suggest its her since most people seemed to see only events in which they themselves were present. Lincoln with his face covered in blood being the exception.

I hope if someone has to die its Lincoln, least interesting character on the show right now.

Then again it seems relatively pointless for her to see this if they didn't end up actually changing the future after all.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slingshot dying will be too obvious. My guess is she gives her necklace to someone for good luck or something.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By d9000

Loved that episode. Very tense. This is a perfect approach to time travel/seeing the future. Fitz explained it so even I could understand. Thanks bro!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.