Follow

Age of X

Story arc »

In a world without X-Men, humans attacked the mutant stronghold of Fortress X on a daily basis. Basilisk, Katherine Pryde, Legacy, Magneto & others struggled to uncover the lies surrounding their world; that the residents of Utopia were warped by a new personality created inside Legion's mind.

Chamber? Revenant??

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

Edited By Gold Dust Boi

So I just read all of Age of X in one sitting and as it ended I had 2 burning questions (well sort of 3): 1) Who the hell is Revenant in all her Phoenix costume glory? I suspect Hope but not sure.  2) Are Chambers powers back? 2A) Was Jono on the Island to begin with? Where'd he come from?age

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

1) I'm not sure who Revenant is. I would assume Rachel Summers, if it's a pre-existing character, given the way that she stated "I was on my way home, but I got lost.  Is this home?This doesn't even look like me?". We know that Rachel's on her way home with Alex and Lorna from Space.
    However, it could be a human-form fragment of the Phoenix Force, suggested in the way Revenant stated "It doesn't even look like me" (though, she looks different to normal Rachel Summers) and the fact that we've seen recently that the Phoenix Force is gathering. 

EDIT: The word "revenant" also hints towards the latter being more probable.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    2) I would assume so, given his appearance. Whether or not this is 616 Jono whose had his powers reactivated, again changing his appearance to his jawless form, or whether its Age of X Chamber remains to be seen. 
    I would think Chamber at the end of New Mutants 24 is 616 Jono who's been changed back by the reality manipulation of Age of X, not Age of X Chamber being brought into 616; after all, the characters were essentially the same, just given slight physical modifications and fake histories. The Age of X was a divergent, not an entirely separate reality. It would be pointless for Marvel to have two Jonos running around, especially when one of them (Decibel) is now in limbo and not liked as much as he was when he had his original power set and appearance, and it wouldn't really make sense. 
    I'm guessing "Moira" just brought Jono to the Fortress. It wouldn't be impossible for her to do that granted her abilities and how she reconstructed reality to serve hers and Legion's best interests. Besides, he could have just been visiting Jubilee and Husk :).
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

There were theories that Revenant is heralding the return of Jean. 

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @The Dark Huntress:  Would be amazing but then its almost like they cheaped out on the return by having her just appear and stick around.

@John Valentine: And I doubt its Rachel, because we know shes coming back with Alex and Lorna in X-Force at some point so why have her show now.  It COULD be a human form Phoenix Force but I dont think they would just throw her out there like that.  Most likely Revenant is Hope-ish but I think they went a bit too far with the costume and everything...unless they make some big tie-ins to the Phoenix Force and SOON.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John Valentine
    @Gold Dust Boi said:
    " @The Dark Huntress:  Would be amazing but then its almost like they cheaped out on the return by having her just appear and stick around.

@John Valentine: And I doubt its Rachel, because we know shes coming back with Alex and Lorna in X-Force at some point so why have her show now.  It COULD be a human form Phoenix Force but I dont think they would just throw her out there like that.  Most likely Revenant is Hope-ish but I think they went a bit too far with the costume and everything...unless they make some big tie-ins to the Phoenix Force and SOON. "
    I'm pretty sure Marvel would not bring Jean back in such an understated manner. 

We know that she's headed back to Earth with them, but that doesn't mean they return together. I can't see why they'd change Hope around in a book that's not really to do with her…….
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

My prediction is that Revenant will simply fade away at some point; sooner rather than later.  Even in the pre-Age of X promotional X-Communications (on CBR) the said that it was unclear whether Revenant was a psionic being, made of plasma, retained any normality of humanity within her, or was something else entirely.  In the meantime, it's just a tease for the fans who think she might come back... but we all know that when Jean comes back it'll be an event bigger than Hope discovering her mutant powers.

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @xerox-kitty:   Thats how you know you have a good topic...when the Mods get involved... :) Did you see my wall post Kitty? LOL
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Gold Dust Boi: I think it's clear to everyone who looks at the Age of X page that I'm interested in the Age of X so it's not really a 'mod' thing ;)

But I hope that this will be an interesting turning point for Jono & Jo.
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @xerox-kitty:   Here's hoping because once New Warriors ended all these once great characters got sent to comic limbo.  They brought back Jubilee (as a crappy vampire) but what about Jono (assuming thats not him on Utopia, some confirmation please Marvel), Angel Salvatore, Beak (oops i mean Blackwing), Wind Dancer, Redneck and whichever Cord sibling is still alive? 

And they've pretty much told us that Joanna's gonna change soon.  I mean I never read a confirmation but I thought from the first time I saw the Legacy MMXI promo that she was gonna join Rogue's Motley Crew.  So itll be nice to see whats in store for Frenzy next since unlike other reformed villains she never made any big turnaround or effort to reform.  She was in the Alliance of Evil and then later the Acolytes but she's only at Utopia because mutants have no where else to go.  She didnt have some big revelation like Emma or misguided like Rogue.  She was just evil and dangerous and liked it.

FYI - wrong place for this but how awesome was it to see Moira as part of a major story again even if it wasn't the real her.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @John Valentine: I agree with you on her possibly being Rachel. I was thinking the same exact thing when i read what Revenant was saying. 

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    I just don't want it to be Rachel because she looked weird (not like Rachel, more like Hope I guess) and I really enjoyed Rachel with Havok and Polaris, kinda like the Summers cast offs :)

Although, I am surprised that no one has mentioned the striking similarity of Revenant's costume to Rachel's 1st Phoenix costume from Uncanny #199...
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Gold Dust Boi: I really miss Havok and Polaris as well, if it is her they should have been brought back as well! lol
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @Gold Dust Boi: I really miss Havok and Polaris as well, if it is her they should have been brought back as well! lol "
    They're coming back don't worry!  They are all supposed to show up in X-Force soon...that's why I don't really think it's Rachel as Revenant.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By papad1992
    @Gold Dust Boi:

U never know... maybe they've already arrived!!
    unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By unicornpuncher

Anyone else wonder what happened to uniscone?  I kind of liked her age of x side.

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @unicornpuncher: She was probably already on the island and doesn't have a big storyline coming so were just supposed to assume shes all good and normal
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " My prediction is that Revenant will simply fade away at some point; sooner rather than later.  Even in the pre-Age of X promotional X-Communications (on CBR) the said that it was unclear whether Revenant was a psionic being, made of plasma, retained any normality of humanity within her, or was something else entirely.  In the meantime, it's just a tease for the fans who think she might come back... but we all know that when Jean comes back it'll be an event bigger than Hope discovering her mutant powers. "
    So Revenant is not Jean then?
    Then Jean shouldn't be credited in the AOX issues and Revenant shouldn't be listed as an alias. People assume too much.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Magian

I think she was Jean, at least at some point. But she could be like the Dark Phoenix was, not the real Jean but the Phoenix Force thinking it was Jean.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PrinceIMC

http://www.comicvine.com/jonothon-starsmore/29-2244/new-mutants-24-age-of-x-chapter-6-spoilers/92-610037/

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty

One thread was specifically about Jono.  This thread is about all characters who haven't changed back.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @xerox-kitty: Sorry wasn't saying that this needed to be locked. Just crossing the two conversations kinda thing.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Mercy_
    @fesak said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " My prediction is that Revenant will simply fade away at some point; sooner rather than later.  Even in the pre-Age of X promotional X-Communications (on CBR) the said that it was unclear whether Revenant was a psionic being, made of plasma, retained any normality of humanity within her, or was something else entirely.  In the meantime, it's just a tease for the fans who think she might come back... but we all know that when Jean comes back it'll be an event bigger than Hope discovering her mutant powers. "
    So Revenant is not Jean then?Then Jean shouldn't be credited in the AOX issues and Revenant shouldn't be listed as an alias. People assume too much. "
    If anything she should be credited as Phoenix Force, I think. But no, it's not Jean (or at least it was never confirmed to be her). Jean did appear in the Age of X story in Age of X: Alpha IIRC, but it was as a flashback. All information released on Revenant was intentionally uninformative of who her real identity was. 
    Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Hold up!! I've got it!  Revenant is the Phoenix Spark that was inside Rachel.  That's why it sorta looks like her and has her original Phoenix Costume (circa #199).  I bet she sticks around just long enough to do something cool with Hope or bring Jean back.

I also kinda wonder who did they think it was in AOX? I mean in that reality the Phoenix blew up Albany, but we arent told that Revenant is the one who did it.  Maybe Jean died there and Revenant is her ghost or psychic form or something like that.  Would explain the name.......

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

We don't know who Revenant is yet so we can't consider removing Jean or adding a new character to the database until it's cleared up.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " We don't know who Revenant is yet so we can't consider removing Jean or adding a new character to the database until it's cleared up. "
    I just assumed because jean is in the white hot room beyond legion's reach she was immune to the reality warp and legions mind simply constructed a false jean made up of psychic energy to fill that space O_O Revenant knows she's not who she was made into, so maybe she's a compilation of jean's memories collected from everyone else and dumped into a false form

Either way she won't be around long 
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By jordama
    @fesak: Does that mean a Revanant page should be created?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine
    arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By arcano_19

well here is my comment ii think  the location is not a problem... you know the omega level thing... anyway... i think ravenant is a borken part of the phoenix,  its kind of strange when she said she was going home   and some time ago the phoenix abandoned rachel, the sword  and the cuckoos... soo maybe its is a incarnated part of the phenix....   i hope moonstar and jubilee were mutants again

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By fesak  Moderator
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By frogjitsu
    @John Valentine: Where did you hear that?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xerox_kitty

@frogjitsu: It's explained in the latest issue of X-Men: Legacy :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.