magian's Age of X: Alpha #1 review

A Not So Good Beginning

I have never been a great X-Men fan. I liked their cartoons but this is about it. So I decided to read this, a story not connected to the rest of the X-Men storylines currently running in other titles. This is what I thought about it:

Story

Not many things happen in this issue. We are mainly introduced with the X-Men of these reality and find out the story behind some of these. We find out how Fortress X was created and how these mutants were forced to go there in order to protect themselves from the humans.  We see many familiar faces there and I like seeing how differenty things turned out for them in this reality even though we don't learn so much yet.

Art

Art wise, I can't say I was satisfied with the results and fact that there were multiple artists working in this issue could be confusing sometimes. My favorite art in this issue was in the part with Cannonball and Husk, drawn by Carlos Barberi. The art in all the other parts seemed flat and uninteresting to me personally and I would like for it to be better.

Overall

I wasn't satisfied with this issue as it could have been a lot better and even though it is only the first issue of the Age of X, I hope that the rest will be better.

13 Comments

Edited By InnerVenom123

Good review.

@InnerVenom123: Thanks :D

Edited By Silkcuts

Duder, proud of you.  For a first review you sounded like you've been doing it as long as the rest of us ^_^

Great review and a nice way to get your feet wet.

Cheers

@ComicMan24 said:
" @Silkcuts: Thanks for the kind words. I am planning or writing more in the future and I will try to be better. "
^_^
This first outing was better then my first review.  Practice and the willingness to expand is what I think makes a writer better. Only by getting your feet wet and experimenting can you find your written voice.  I look forward to more reviews from ya buddy.

Cheers buddy.

@Silkcuts: It means a lot to me. Thanks ^_^

@ComicMan24 said:
" @Silkcuts: It means a lot to me. Thanks ^_^ "
Don't mention it ^_^
Avatar image for thegoldenone
TheGoldenOne

38932

55541

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By TheGoldenOne

Nice Review :) i totally agree with you about this issue. Carlos Barberi's art was the best thing for me in the book. Looking forward to your next review :D

@TheGoldenOne: Thank you ^_^

User Lists: 2

Edited By i.aint.wit.it

Yeah I felt the same way about the art but I still enjoyed Cyclops escape

Edited By Magian
@i.aint.wit.it: He was a badass in that part although the art could have been a lot better.
Avatar image for miki