Wolverine and the X-Men: S2 Age of Apocalypse

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Vindellavon (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Series two of Wolverine and the X-Men will feature Age of Apocalypse. So far, we've only been given a glimpse of the future's Apocalypse, Sinister, and Cyclops. How do you think they're going to handle this arc? Will it be better than X-Men Evolution's take? 

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be epic.

#3 Posted by goosehorn (848 posts) - - Show Bio

my fingers are crossed

Avatar image for sonofhercules95
#4 Posted by sonofhercules95 (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see X-man!!!!

#6 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of Dazzler

#7 Posted by Vindellavon (451 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering how they're going to pull off the Magneto/Rogue arc alonsgide the Legion/Bishop arc. I mean, legion causes the crap, and Bishop ends it in a sense. Bishop is a no brainer, but Legion...

Now, for Art Discussion. I have to say, AoA!Scott looked exactly like the one from the comics. Sinister's look is an iffy, but Apocalypse more retarded than dangerous.

Here's from the show:

AoA: Apocalypse

Really, I was thinking more in the terms of actually dangerous, but this guy looks like he hasn't taken a crap in months. Epic fail.

AoA: Sinister

Fine for the time being.

AoA: Cyclops

I'll leave this one to you.
#8 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
"I'm wondering how they're going to pull off the Magneto/Rogue arc alonsgide the Legion/Bishop arc. I mean, legion causes the crap, and Bishop ends it in a sense. Bishop is a no brainer, but Legion...

Now, for Art Discussion. I have to say, AoA!Scott looked exactly like the one from the comics. Sinister's look is an iffy, but Apocalypse more retarded than dangerous.

Here's from the show:

Really, I was thinking more in the terms of actually dangerous, but this guy looks like he hasn't taken a crap in months. Epic fail.

Fine for the time being.

I'll leave this one to you. "
It's the future, sooo we'll probably never have to see this come true
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19151 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
"I'm wondering how they're going to pull off the Magneto/Rogue arc alonsgide the Legion/Bishop arc. I mean, legion causes the crap, and Bishop ends it in a sense. Bishop is a no brainer, but Legion...

Here's from the show:

Fine for the time being.

No to the eyes on Apocalypse , ok for the beard on Sinister and yes for Cyclops
#10 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"
@Vindellavon said:

Here's from the show:

Fine for the time being.

No to the eyes on Apocalypse , ok for the beard on Sinister and yes for Cyclops "
Sinister has ponny talls now (He's a girl)
#11 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio
"
@Vindellavon said:

Here's from the show:

Fine for the time being.

No to the eyes on Apocalypse , ok for the beard on Sinister and yes for Cyclops "
Apocalypse looks ridiculous... Sinister and Scott are alright though
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#12 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19151 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"
"
@Vindellavon said:

Here's from the show:

Fine for the time being.

Apocalypse looks ridiculous... Sinister and Scott are alright though
"

Apocalypse is character who needs whited out eyes or blood red eyes. pupils need not apply
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
"I'm wondering how they're going to pull off the Magneto/Rogue arc alonsgide the Legion/Bishop arc. I mean, legion causes the crap, and Bishop ends it in a sense. Bishop is a no brainer, but Legion..."

Legion has been done before in X-Men: Evolution.  He doesn't have to be the trigger to the Age of Apocalypse.  After all, the first series didn't follow the comic plots to the letter.  The original premise for the AoA was that Professor X had died, but at the end of series 1 the Professor was alive in that new alternative future to explain to Wolverine that something else had gone wrong.
#14 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
He looks awesome.
#15 Posted by Vindellavon (451 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
"
@Vindellavon said:
He looks awesome."

For once, Summers actually looks good animated. So much better than fratboy!Scott from Hindsight. XO Honestly, he looked worse than Storm's hair.

@xerox-kitty said:
"
@Vindellavon said:
"I'm wondering how they're going to pull off the Magneto/Rogue arc alonsgide the Legion/Bishop arc. I mean, legion causes the crap, and Bishop ends it in a sense. Bishop is a no brainer, but Legion..."
Legion has been done before in X-Men: Evolution.  He doesn't have to be the trigger to the Age of Apocalypse.  After all, the first series didn't follow the comic plots to the letter.  The original premise for the AoA was that Professor X had died, but at the end of series 1 the Professor was alive in that new alternative future to explain to Wolverine that something else had gone wrong. "

But the point of AoA coming true, is no Charles to help form the X-Men. Magneto does it instead, no Charles to help. But, the X-Men are already in action, and this time, they're being led by Wolverine, with the help of Charles from the future. Something has to seriously screw up inside the team to trigger the coming of Apocalypse, if not Legion. End of S1, the team basically looked like they were at their best. If Legion doesn't trigger it, then what does? Though I must say, the Cyclops/Jean/Logan triangle could play a part, and a multitude of other stuff including our dear ol' depressing Cyke.
#16 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
" If Legion doesn't trigger it, then what does?"

Most likely, that will be a huge plot device that wont be revealed right up until the end of the next series.  Much like how they drew out the fact that the Phoenix was meant to have caused the Days of Future Past future until right at the end of the first series.

But you can't judge what direction the cartoon will go based on the comics.  And Phoenix was never creditted as causing the Days of Future Past in the comics... So they're not going strictly by Eath-616 timelines.  That means it doesn't have to involve Legion at all.  I'd like it to, because I like David, but seeing as it has nothing to do with the death of Charles Xavier then it doesn't have to revolved around a Legion Quest style story arc.

It isn't really the Age of Apocalypse, just as the first series wasn't really the Days of Future Past.  It's characters and scenarios based on the Age of Apocalypse.  The original AoA was set in the present, but what the Professor showed Logan at the end of the series was in the future. 
#17 Posted by Adam Michaels (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite the X-Men animated show from the 90s being a classic for all comic fans, I have to say that season 1 of Wolverine and the X-Men was brilliant (my personal favorite in all comic animated series adaptations so far). Great animation, awesome voice acting and best of all, epic story.

Season 2 promises to be even better in my book. I think all 3 snapshots look awesome. Maybe Apocalypse looks like a miss but it's only a snapshot of a few seconds appearance in season 1. I'm sure more detail went into his design for season 2. As for Sinister and Scott, I love the looks. In fact I love the way Scott looks. He actually looks cool. I'll even say that this series has made Cyclops bad ass. I always prefered him with his overhead ask like he did in the 1st season (and originally in the comics as well as now).

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this. If Season 2 is anything like Season 1, I'm voting to keep this show going for a very long time.

#18 Posted by Winduizcool (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know when season 2 premieres?

#19 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

illyana is supposed to appear in season 2

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio
@Winduizcool said:

"Does anyone know when season 2 premieres? "

Keep an eye out for interviews with Kyle & Yost.  People usually ask them about W&tXM.  Last I read, the series hadn't even been written yet.  Which means it has yet to be animated, with no voices recorded.  Still, that was a few months ago and animated series are a lot quicker to produce than they used to be. 

@pixelized said:

"illyana is supposed to appear in season 2 "

Really?  Where'd you hear that? :)  Half the fun with X-Men cartoons is spotting muties...

#21 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like i got it from WikiPee, and there's no citation... we can disregard that.

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (17342 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo! :(

#23 Posted by Phorqe (2148 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion doesn't need to be involved- Xavier is already in a coma.

The only real question the end of the first season poses are:
1, How did Apocalypse get into power?
2, Why did Cyclops join Apocalypse?
3, How did Cyclops lose his eye.
4, How are the X-men going to prevent it?

I have a feeling 2 & 3 are going to be related. Perhaps we will see one arm Logan. I'm curious whether this part of the story will be revealed in flashbacks/historical tales  from the future or if it will unfold in the present time. Maybe Cyc will lose the eye and still stick with the X-men at the end of the season.

I thought Wolverine and the X-men was just going to be a mindless kids show like X-men: Evolution. It turned out to be the very good and live up to the reputation of the first few season of TAS. Its a kids show but still keeps many of the themes from the comic and presents some of the more complex story lines while disregarding the complicated mess some of the retcons have made.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (27562 posts) - - Show Bio

so is sinister supposed to look like shang sung or is it just coincidence?

#25 Posted by Winduizcool (891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phorqe said:
" Legion doesn't need to be involved- Xavier is already in a coma.  The only real question the end of the first season poses are: 1, How did Apocalypse get into power? 2, Why did Cyclops join Apocalypse? 3, How did Cyclops lose his eye. 4, How are the X-men going to prevent it?  I have a feeling 2 & 3 are going to be related. Perhaps we will see one arm Logan. I'm curious whether this part of the story will be revealed in flashbacks/historical tales  from the future or if it will unfold in the present time. Maybe Cyc will lose the eye and still stick with the X-men at the end of the season.  I thought Wolverine and the X-men was just going to be a mindless kids show like X-men: Evolution. It turned out to be the very good and live up to the reputation of the first few season of TAS. Its a kids show but still keeps many of the themes from the comic and presents some of the more complex story lines while disregarding the complicated mess some of the retcons have made. "
1. Because...  

No Caption Provided

2. Remember, Storm told Emma Frost how Sinister tried to have Jean Grey's genes and how thet previously stopped him and how he often gets them by force. 
(Sorry about the underlining my computer is being retarded.) 3.I highly doubt  Apocalypse would have the Cyclop's laser beam smaller to be less damage. They probably only did it to make him look scarier. 
4. They'll probably fight him I imagine.

#26 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

Havok, Deadpool and Colossus will appear in Season 2. 

I wonder if holocaust will be in season 2 or even X-Man.

#27 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still trying to get through Season 1

#28 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: I wonder when season 2 comes out in Latin America and Canada.                        %Pr
#29 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Holocaust or Exodus will appear.

#30 Posted by antemiusenteri (243 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hop they make storm better for god's sake fix her and i can't wait to see what jean new cotume is gonna look like

#31 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

They better have Holocaust and Wild Child. 

#32 Posted by cracks (6974 posts) - - Show Bio

I also wonder why Sinister told Apocalypse that he has the "genetic material."  Why would he tell En Sabah Nur that? Wouldn't he want to keep it a secret?                                             %Pr

#33 Posted by vladimir87 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Holocaust, sabretooth, gambit, mimic,  scarlet witch, magneto and cable will appear.  
I hate feniks.

#34 Posted by uncanny89 (872 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if they will bring emma back and which costume will jean wear? will it be a new one or will she wear the phoenix one...
#36 Posted by uncanny89 (872 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
but the pheonix force disapated into the atmosphere i just think jean and beast will bring her back like in new x-men but minus the PF.
#38 Posted by Winduizcool (891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: thanks.
#40 Posted by uncanny89 (872 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
how do you know when the new season starts?  

As for the Phoenix Force it was released before full maturity so it will take a long time to come back.  Have the creators of the show said that Emma will be back does anyone know?
#41 Posted by MastaD2008 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The beard and hair fairly close to the comic depiction.  I for one am looking forward to this.
Avatar image for theron_blackthorn
#43 Posted by theron_blackthorn (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing they will most likely mess up on is they won't nate grey in it, and nate grey would be so awsome.
Avatar image for theron_blackthorn
#45 Posted by theron_blackthorn (2 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: They put cable in before nate grey it would be awesome if they did put nate grey in the next season, if there will ever be a next season.  they haven't even started yet and its already march.
#48 Posted by Meteorite (3478 posts) - - Show Bio

God I hope Nate appears. He would be so awesome!

#50 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i wasnt happy, really not happy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.