Age of Apocalyse: Is it worth it?

• 50 results
#51 Posted by doublezeroduck (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Is he not?

On the page for the story line it shows X-Man 15, 16 and 17 included in the Onslaught story line, with him on the cover.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-turning-point/37-42403/

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-survivors-of-the-storm/37-42499/

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-one-step-forward/37-42607/

#52 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@doublezeroduck said:

@danhimself: Is he not?

On the page for the story line it shows X-Man 15, 16 and 17 included in the Onslaught story line, with him on the cover.

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-turning-point/37-42403/

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-survivors-of-the-storm/37-42499/

http://www.comicvine.com/x-man-one-step-forward/37-42607/

those are "preludes" and I use that term loosely because there were a LOT of books with Onslaught either being mentioned or being shown as some shadowy figure that happened before the actual story arc started...Marvel doesn't even include them in their trades....if you wanted to be technical you could almost say that every X-book from the X-men Prime (which was the first issue of regular books after AoA) forward is part of the Onslaught arc since everything from that point on is leading up to it but for me and I think Marvel kind of feels the same way based on their trades the Onslaught arc only consists of X-men #53, #54, Uncanny #334, Onslaught: X-men and Onslaught: Marvel Universe and of course anything labeled as a Phase One or Two issue and Impact One or Two

#54 Posted by tupiaz (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Why are you not interested in the prelude? I mean don't the prelude benefit the story? Here I'm thinking about AoA and Onslaught.

#55 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: it's not that I'm not interested in them...it's that they really aren't relevant to the story....prior to the issues I mentioned above the only issues worth including are Fatal Attractions, there was a brief mention of him when Juggernaut fell in Manhattan and said that Onslaught hit him from Canada to there, and the issue where Onslaught makes them fight Post...and again they really aren't all that important...especially since most of that is covered in the actual story arc

@Edamame: are you talking about Post?

#57 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

@danhimself said:

@Edamame: are you talking about Post?

Yes, thank you. Now I remember that character's name.

well maybe I'm missing something but having went through all of Post's appearances and Holocaust's appearance the only time they appear together in an issue is when one of them is shown in a memory or something like that....I can't find an issue where they're actually in the issue together

#59 Edited by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

@danhimself said:

well maybe I'm missing something but having went through all of Post's appearances and Holocaust's appearance the only time they appear together in an issue is when one of them is shown in a memory or something like that....I can't find an issue where they're actually in the issue together

Well, I'll try to look up what issue it was, but they were fighting alongside each other against the likes of Captain America and other Avengers, if I recall correctly. After they were defeated, Onslaught appeared on a screen and made the typical villain speech.

Do you have single issues or is it a bound paperback?

both...I really liked the Onslaught story arc lol

edit: If you find it then please let me know cause I don't remember that at all

#62 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: I do and just looked...you are right...I don't remember that at all...not even a little bit....well other than proving me wrong you did prove something else....none of those images are from that issue....I'm still pretty positive that they're from AoA though

#64 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

@danhimself said:

@Edamame: I do and just looked...you are right...I don't remember that at all...not even a little bit....well other than proving me wrong you did prove something else....none of those images are from that issue....I'm still pretty positive that they're from AoA though

I just can't understand why those images wouldn't be in those four AOA volumes that I have. It would make much more sense to put it all together.

*shrugs* Oh well.

as soon as I'm done with my New X-men reread I'll reread AoA and see if I find them

#65 Posted by tupiaz (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@tupiaz: it's not that I'm not interested in them...it's that they really aren't relevant to the story....prior to the issues I mentioned above the only issues worth including are Fatal Attractions, there was a brief mention of him when Juggernaut fell in Manhattan and said that Onslaught hit him from Canada to there, and the issue where Onslaught makes them fight Post...and again they really aren't all that important...especially since most of that is covered in the actual story arc

What story do the preludes then tell? I know you can say for every prelude, but what is the story for the prelude AoA and for the prelude Onslaught?

#66 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

@danhimself said:

What story do the preludes then tell? I know you can say for every prelude, but what is the story for the prelude AoA and for the prelude Onslaught?

well AoA had Legion Quest where Legion went back in time to try and kill Magneto and Onslaught had pretty much everything from X-men: Prime up until the start of the arc

#68 Posted by danhimself (21433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame: found one! the first image is from X-Force Volume 1 #49

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.