Master storyteller. Verbal magician. Virtuoso wordsmith. Genius. These are just some of the many accolades that have been used to try to describe the highly revered creator Alan Moore. Considered to be one of the greatest writers of the comic-book medium, Moore has penned such award-winning and critically acclaimed works as Watchmen, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell, The Killing Joke, V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, Miracleman, Tom Strong, and Promethea. Now, DC Comics proudly presents Moore's unique take on many cornerstone heroes (Superman, Batman, Green Arrow and more) of the DC Universe! A must-have volume for Alan Moore fans and connoisseurs of superb writing, Across the Universe contains eleven of the writer's earliest DCU stories—collected together here for the first time! Climb inside the head of a true comics legend, and discover for yourself a true master of the art form!
Note: Later reprinted as "DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore".
This volume collects the stories:
- Superman Annual #11 - For the Man Who has Everything...
- Night Olympics, from
- Mogo Doesn't Socialize, from Green Lantern #188
- Father's Day, from
- Brief Lives, from The Omega Men #26
- A Man's World, from The Omega Men #27
- DC Comics Presents #85 - The Jungle Line
- Tygers, from Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2
- Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, from
- Footsteps, from Secret Origins #10
- In Blackest Night, from Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #3
- Mortal Clay, from Batman Annual #11
- Batman: The Killing Joke