Follow

Abomination

Character » Abomination appears in 540 issues.

Craving for the power of a Hulk, Emil Blonsky purposely had himself infected with triple the amount of gamma that the Hulk originally had. However, it turned him into a monstrous amphibious reptoid as being originally more than twice the strength of the normal calm Hulk, at the cost of never being human again.

Abomination May Be Back In More Hulk Movies

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
     Will he be back?
    Will he be back?
    Don't cry...
    Don't cry...
    I wasn't crazy about the Abomination's look when I first saw his look for the movie.  I do get why they would change him from his comic book look.  He is a corny looking character.  Sci Fi Wire has reported that actor Tim Roth is signed for three movies.
    "Yeah, they've got me for three," Roth said in a group interview on Monday, Jan. 5, in Culver City, Calif., on the set of his new Fox drama Lie to Me. "If we do one," he added.

A script for a sequel is still in the works, but Roth said that if director Louis Leterrier remains with the franchise, he is likely to be happy with whatever role he gives Abomination.

"I liked working with Louis very much, so if he's up to anything, I'll probably jump in with him," Roth said.

But just because he's signed doesn't mean he'd definitely be in it.  We could probably look forward to seeing Doc Samson and the Leader.  Is there room for the Abomination?  Should he return or would you like to see someone else?
    Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli

I agree, I wished they kept the comic version of Abomination, it would be better and I hope the Leader's in the next one.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crackdown

My thoughts is he and the leader will team up with a few other villans and be the group the Avengers fight against.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crackdown

My thoughts is he and the leader will team up with a few other villans and be the group the Avengers fight against.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By NightFang3

I think there should be a team up with the Leader and Abomination.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    Oooh Cool... this should be awesome. I think The Hulk series shows great promise now... compared to what it showed us in 2003

lol
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Meteorite
    King Saturn said:
    "Oooh Cool... this should be awesome. I think The Hulk series shows great promise now... compared to what it showed us in 2003

lol
    "
    Oh god.... the 2003 version sucked so much. 2008 kicks it's ass.
    mrenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrenb

What I think what was hinted at in the end of The Incredible Hulk movie, is that the Leader takes over Bruce Banner's mind.  Remember, that's the Leader's main power, mental control, and he has a definite link with Banner now. 

It is pure speculation, but the Leader will take over the Hulk, controlling him, and pit him against the public at large, creating a "villain".  Remember the very first Avengers comic book, where the Hulk's mind is controlled by the alien? 

However, who would show up to stop him?  Would just be the military again?  Would they create Doc Samson?  Or, would Iron Man show up? 

I think it will lead into the formation of The Avengers, who would battle the Hulk.  Hulk #2 wouldn't necessarily have a solid ending, but instead lead directly into the Avengers. 

I could be wrong,  It's merely speculation on my part.

I agree, The Abomination's physical appearance still left me flat.  Why change it?  I've always thought he looked awesome, with the web ears and all.  I can understand maybe changing his skin tone---MAYBE--so people wouldn't get the two confused, but I just didn't buy it.  Oh, well, at least the movie was decent enough for me. 

-Bloodpool-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By -Bloodpool-

I like the new Look in Abo, It looks more like a human transformation. In the comic it looked like a mutant Godzilla/human offspring.. Or the mutant steroids drinking b@stard son of the Grinch.. I thought the new look made him look carrier, tougher and you could see that it was a man that transform; just liker hulk.

Now her looks more like a big ugly bald strong scary thing XD

Son of green goblin
    Son of green goblin
    Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
    Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I think that The avengers will fight in an alein invasion such like in the comics and The Hulk would be
    mind controlled by one of the aleins. Then The avengers fights Hulk. When they fight Hulk,
    Betty  Ross could show up to  calm him down. After that Hulk would break out of the mind controll continue fighting the aleins with The Avengers.After the Avengers Movie Marvel could make an Incredible Hulk 2 Movie.
    In the movie  The Leader and The Abomination could team up to create an army of gamma monsters which also incudes(Ravage and Mad Man)  to rule the world and defeat The Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.