The Ultimate incarnation of Prowler is Aaron Davis, the uncle of Spider-Man (Miles Morales). Originally partners with his brother Jefferson Davis, the two would commit various crimes in their youth. After briefly working for Nick Fury, Jefferson would later reform and marry Rio Morales, would continue his criminal activity, eventually assuming the identity of Prowler.
Aaron Davis was initially created as the Ultimate version Prowler, introduced by Brian Michael Bendis in the new Ultimate Comics Spider-Man.
Major Story Arcs
Clash with Miles & Death
Aaron Davis is the uncle of Miles Morales and is also the Ultimate Prowler. He breaks into the abandoned Oscorp research facility to steal a package when a genetically enhanced spider crawls into his bag. Later on Aaron is visited by his nephew Miles. While over, the spider bites Miles on his hand causing him to faint. Aaron is forced to call his brother (Miles' father) who does not like the two hanging out. The brothers get into a heated argument while Miles runs away. Miles' father catches up to him and explains the details of him and his brothers past together. He reveals that he used to aid Aaron in his heists but left that life behind when he saw the good things he could have in his life. Aaron however, continued his ways. Miles goes to visit his uncle the next day and finds his apartment is completely emptied out.
Aaron is next seen in Mexico City meeting with a man called "The Scorpion". Scorpion's guards hassle Aaron who electrifies them with a device from the Tinkerer. Aaron was supposed to exchange an item he stole for some money but does not deliver his end based on Scorpion's disrespect of Aaron. Aaron stabs him in the chest with a knife which has no effect on Scorpion. While fleeing the exchange, Aaron is apprehended by Mexican police and thrown in jail. While in his cell, Aaron reads a newspaper article about a new Spider-Man back home.
After escaping prison in Mexico, Prowler returns home and approaches Miles, revealing he knows his secret. He then heads to the Tinkerer but finds Scorpion in his place. Aaron unloads with a pair of Vulture wings but Scorpion survives. Aaron flies off in fear and reaches out to Miles to help him in taking down Scorpion. The two fight it out until Aaron convinces Miles that Scorpion is a true bad guy and needs to be dealt with. Miles agrees to help this once and aids his uncle in taking down Scorpion. When Miles refuses to continue working with Aaron they battle it out. Aaron's tech malfunctions during the fight and explodes in his face, killing him.
Resurrection & leading a new Sinister Six
Years later, after Secret Wars, Aaron finds himself resurrected. Now looking to pull off a heist of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Aaron dons the identity of Iron Spider and forms a new Sinister Six in order to enact his plan.
Aaron Davis has no superhuman abilities, instead relying on the technical prowess of his suits and his hand-to-hand combat.
Aaron Davis appears in the first MCU Spider-Man movie, portrayed by Donald Glover (who helped inspire the creation of Miles Morales, and voiced the character on Ultimate Spider-Man). This version of the character is a criminal associated with the Vulture.
Aaron Davis appears as the Prowler in the film, voiced by Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali. Like in the comics, he is a costumed criminal and the uncle of Miles Morales. When he and his brother Jefferson were younger, the two boys were delinquents who engaged in activities like graffiti. However, as they grew older, Jefferson fell out of that life and became a police officer, forming a rift between the brothers. In the present day, the Prowler acts as the chief enforcer of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. the Kingpin. After being tasked with killing the new Spider-Man by the Kingpin, Aaron is horrified to discover that his nephew Miles is under the mask. He refuses to go through with killing the boy, and is fatally shot by Fisk for his hesitation. He dies in Miles' arms, but not before telling the boy that he is the best. At the end of the film, Miles creates a graffiti mural to honor Aaron's memory.
- Prowler appears as a playable character in Marvel Puzzle Quest.
- The Prowler appears in Spider-Man Unlimited.
- Prowler appears as a major antagonist in the 2020 PS5 game Spider-Man: Miles Morales, voiced by Ike Amadi. This version of the character is Miles' uncle and a New York subway employee. He is a former criminal who used to work for clients like the Roxxon Corporation and Wilson Fisk, and whose past deeds caused a falling out with his brother Jefferson, and the two were never able to reconcile before Jefferson's death in the previous game. He winds up returning to his old ways after Miles becomes embroiled in the conflict between Roxxon and the Tinkerer.
- Prowler was featured in the HeroClix figure game.
- Prowler was featured in Hasbro's action figure line for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
- Prowler was featured in Funko's Pop! line of bobbleheads.
- Prowler was featured in Hasbro's Marvel Legends line as part of the Stilt-Man Build-a-Figure wave.
- Kaiyodo released a repainted Iron Spider figure in the black and gold colors of Aaron's suit in their Revoltech line.