Follow

Aang

Character » Aang appears in 63 issues.

Aang, last of the Air Nomads, is the Avatar, a perpetually reincarnated being charged with the spiritual guidance of the world. Aang must master all four elements (Earth, Air, Water and Fire) and defeat the Fire Lord before the arrival of Sozin's comet, or the Fire Nation will dominate the world.

New Avatar series? I died and went to heaven

• 65 results
    OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#51  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @AtPhantom said:

" Just 70 years? Man, from the series standpoint, Aang must have died young. "
    No, He Died At 182. Most Of His Life Was In An Iceberg.
    OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By OldIdiotAccount
    @Nobody said:
    "
    "
    LOL.
    @Cat Burglar said:
    " I wonder if Sokka has a son or daughter? :D "
    Maybe Korra Is His Daughter? Or Katara's?
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Nighthunter

Don't know about Sokka, but Katara's son is the teacher of Korra. I'm sure they would have said it by now if they were related

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By agent9149
    @Nobody said:
    "
    "
    oo hell yeah
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By hdorman1

yes 
    YES  
    YES !
    FU(K YES !! 
    this is epic news 
    made my day

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By danhimself
    @AtPhantom said:
    they said in the interview that Aang did die early as opposed to other Avatars because of his suspended animation time in the iceberg
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By AtPhantom
    @danhimself said:
    " @AtPhantom said:
    they said in the interview that Aang did die early as opposed to other Avatars because of his suspended animation time in the iceberg "
    Heh, I was gunning for Aang being murdered and the murderer being the new big bad. But that would probably be a bit to similar to the original plot.
    Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Acer

Ive just finished watching the original series, and it was EPIC. It's gonna be hard for this new series to top it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
    @Nighthunter said:
    " @Nobody said:
    " @Nighthunter said:
    " I wonder if they'll integrate the "Zao of the water tribe" story in the new cannon with the new series, I know its only fan-fiction but it was written by the writers and artists of the show so just maybe. Such a great story "
    Zao of water tribe? "
    One of the creators of the show created a story that he or she intended to place in the show were they to have another season and posted it in his/her deviantart page in comic format. In it is revealed that Zhao survived the fight of the water tribe because the spirits of the moon and ocean decided that he was worth of pardoning, he was also stripped of his memories. Is an amazing story of self-discovery and redemption and it gives a great background to Zhao which fits perfectly with the canon of the show. "
    GIMME!.....Zhao is such a good character....what they did to him in the movie was an abomination.
    brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By brendon277

Awesome!!!!! It would be cool if they tell what happened to the avatar before him and that and all 

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By brendon277

They said that they would do a live animation movie of avatar the last airbender...in my opinion they should do something like that tells what all happened with the characters in the first series 

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62  Edited By Nighthunter
    @Lunacyde I posted a link in the second page
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By D3athstroke

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

free pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By free pork

Thing that bothered me about the series is that no one died... I mean not even the fire lord...You go through an entire war and a huge final battle and you make something up so that you get a happy ending and the fire lord doesn't die. I didn't like the loose ends that weren't tied up but the obvious happy ending for everyone annoyed me the most.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#65  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @free pork said:
    " Thing that bothered me about the series is that no one died... I mean not even the fire lord...You go through an entire war and a huge final battle and you make something up so that you get a happy ending and the fire lord doesn't die. I didn't like the loose ends that weren't tied up but the obvious happy ending for everyone annoyed me the most. "
    Um, Jet died. How did it leave loose ends? The only thing that I saw was that we actually never learned of was the fate of Zuko's mother, we just know he began looking for her at the end of the show. And the Fire Lord not dying was the point, everyone was telling Aang that he HAD to kill him which was against everything he was thought, even his past lives told him it was the only way, but he denied everyone and found another way, he found a way that wasn't the violent route, which made the ending of the first series even more epic just by how Aang took away his fire bending.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Adam Michaels

This is one of my favourite animated shows of all time. It was a show that had pretty much everything I could ask for: great story, captivating characters, beautiful animation, amazing fighting and bending, creativity in terms of landscapes and animals, sweet soundtrack, humorous, funny, wholesome, mature, and best of all, epic. I was hooked on this show from the moment I watched the first episode. 

Seeing them bring it back to tell the story of the next Avatar only adds to how good this show is to me. The very encouraging part is that a lot of the same minds behind the initial show are returning (writers and music people are back). It also adds to the mythology, making it a grander show than it already was. What I mean is that it wasn't only a world where Aang was the Avatar. It doesn't end with him, but the world continued on and more tales are worth sharing. Such like our real world. Countless wars and battles have been fought and won, but it never ended there. Life and the world continued and evolved with other issues being faced.  

It reminds me of how I felt when I played The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. It was a completely different Link and a different time in history, but the story was connected to Ocarina of Time, showing that things didn't end with the Hero of Time, but that life continued on. 

One of the aspects of this show that I'm looking forward to is how they will connect The Legend of Korra to The Last Airbender. I call it from now that in the final battle, Aang will have some role to play (at least by giving words of wisdom to Korra, much like Roku did to Aang).  

This being a 12-episode show, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them continue exploring with other Avatars later on. I wouldn't be opposed to see them delve in the past and tell the story of let's say Avatar Kyoshi. 

P.S. The movie made me laugh a lot more than anything else. I swear not even comedies made me laugh so much. That was arguably the worst film adaptation I've ever seen. And one real annoying thing was that Indians were walking around with East Asian names like Zuko, Zhao, and Ozai. Just that proved the lack of logic of the movie. I often wonder why so many adaptations are being made in live-action, things come out a lot worse than they would in let's say CG animation. Just my opinion, though. 

P.P.S. I do wonder if Air Benders will be prominent or if Aang's and Katara's son will be the only one, being the son of an air bender. Because if there will be other air benders in the show, I do hope they would explain how the "Last" Airbender (Aang) procreated an entire race all on his own. Maybe that's why he died prematurely? ;)
    Demonturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Demonturtle

My daughter just started crying when I showed her the stuff about the new show!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.