A moving autobiographical manga about her father’s alcoholism that inspired a critically acclaimed live-action film.
Mariko Kikuchi tells the painful story of her father’s alcoholism and her own journey through guilt to understanding her father’s illness. She rejects the common belief that family members can and should be forgiven for anything they do, no matter how much harm they cause. This powerful, self-contained autobiographical manga began as a web series that went viral, and inspired a critically acclaimed 2019 film in Japan.
- Chapter 1: Where the Drunk Dwells
- Chapter 2: Hidden Heart
- Chapter 3: Who's Not Normal?
- Chapter 4: Brain Freeze
- Chapter 5: The Distance I Don't Know
- Chapter 6: Assailant
- Chapter 7: Sayonara, Scumbag
- Chapter 8: The Beginning of the End
- Chapter 9: Abuse
- Chapter 10: Can't Be Kind
- Final Chapter: From Now On
Note: The digital edition (11/2/2021) for this volume was released before the print edition.