razzatazz's 52 #30 - Dark Knight Down; The Origin of The Metal Men review

Avatar image for razzatazz

Not your type

I have to say that I was initially ambivalent about seeing Bruce Wayne show up for this issue, and after having read it I can say that this is one of the weirdest Bruce Wayne stories I have read.  Not that it is necessarily a bad thing, because this series has built itself into somewhat of a success by departing from what we know of certain characters, but also because it there is a bit of a loss of connection to the mainstream DC universe.  That having been said even though it was some kind of weird behaviour it was still presented well.  The other half of the story was much better with Nightwing teaming up with Batwoman, that part I though got the characters right while also giving some good action and decent plot.  A little bit all over the place with this one, but still keeps the story arcs momentum going.