Comic book superstars Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, and Kevin O’Neill are set to return to the pages of the legendary 2000 AD for its 2,000th issue!
Europe’s longest running sci-fi action comic reaches its landmark 2,000th issue on 28 September and some of the most prominent creators ever to grace its pages have returned for a 48-page celebration bonanza.
The incredible line-up for Prog 2000 includes:
- A special one-off Judge Dredd story from creators John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
- Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill reunite for a special Nemesis the Warlock story
- Psi-Judge Anderson has another psychic case from Alan Grant and David Roach
- Sinister Dexter hit the road, courtesy of Dan Abnett and Mark Sexton
- A mysterious prisoner has a tale to tell in Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
- Brand-new identity-theft thriller Counterfeit Girl by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo debuts.
- Plus, interlude pages from Brian Bolland, Mick McMahon, Dave Gibbons, Robin Smith, and more.
Prog 2000 will be available with three variant covers – newsstand customers will be able to choose between covers by Cliff Robinson and Chris Burnham, while a special Glenn Fabry wraparound cover will be exclusively available through comic book stores via Diamond Distribution.
2000th ZARJAZ ISSUE!
Dredd: By Private Contract 
Mega-City One, 2130 AD. This vast urban nightmare on the east coast of post-apocalyptic North America is home to 400 million citizens, every one a potential criminal. With lawlessness rife, only the Judges can prevent total anarchy. These future lawmen are judge, jury and executioner. Toughest of them all is Judge Dredd - he is the Law!
Nemesis the Warlock: Tubular Hells 
Termight, capital of a vast Terran empire, thousands of years in the future. This teeming underground city was once ruled by the evil Torquemada, who pledged to eradicate all alien life from the galaxy. Opposed to his tyrannical bigotry was freedom fighter NEMESIS THE WARLOCK, who battled to save millions from Torque’s brainwashed Terminator army. But in a final conflict the two became melded together for eternity...
Rogue Trooper: Ghosts of Nu Earth 
Nu Earth, just one planet among many caught up in a galactic war between the Norts and the Southers. Strategically vital, both sides are desperate to secure it but use of chemical weapons has rendered the atmosphere poisonous. Only Genetic Infantrymen like ROGUE TROOPER, the last of his kind, can survive on its surface — and he, together with his biochip buddies, is hunting for the Traitor General that betrayed them...
Anderson: A Dream of Death 
Mega-City One, 2138 AD. Psi-Division is a section within Justice Department that specialises in Judges with accentuated psychic talents — from precognition to exorcism, it deals with all manner of unusual crimes, and is at the forefront in the fight against supernatural foes. Cassandra ANDERSON is Psi-Div’s top telepath, and has tackled many paranormal perps, most notably the alien superfiend Judge Death...
Sinister Dexter: Replica 
Gun-sharks Finnigan SINISTER and Ramone DEXTER are the best hitmen money can buy in the future city of Downlode. You pay, they slay. Having spent the last year offworld hunting for Holy Moses Tanenbaum, a ganglord from an alternate dimension whose presence threatened the very fabric of reality, they’ve returned home — but by wiping out Tanenbaum, it seems that no one now knows who they are...
Counterfeit Girl: Counterfeit Girl 
The near future. In a city ruled by the multinational corporations, your identity is crucial — no one can get anywhere without being monitored and statuschecked. Even roaming bands of Wellbeing Droids ensure that the unhealthy are quarantined. But if you want a new I.D. then you can go to the ‘simmers’ —backstreet I.D. thieves that can create new personas by stealing the identities of others...
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Brian Bolland)
- Dredd - By Private Contract (John Wagner - Carlos Ezquerra)
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Mick McMahon)
- Nemesis the Warlock - Tubular Hells (Part 1) (Pat Mills - Kevin O’Neill)
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Dave Gibbons)
- Rogue Trooper - Ghosts of Nu Earth (Part 1) (Gordon Rennie - Richard Elson)
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Robin Smith)
- Anderson - A Dream of Death (Part 1) (Alan Grant - David Roach)
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Colin MacNeil)
- Sinister Dexter - Replica (Part 1) (Dan Abnett - Mark Sexton)
- Interlude (T.M.O. – Boo Cook)
- Counterfeit Girl (Part 1) (Peter Milligan - Rufus Dayglo)
List of covers and their creators:
|Reg||Regular Wraparound Cover||Cliff Robinson||1|
|Var||Variant Cover||Chris Burnham||2|
|RE||Diamond Exclusive Wraparound Variant Cover Wraparound||Glenn Fabry||3-4|
Note: Includes a pull out poster by Cliff Robinson (art) and Dylan Teague (colors).