The Hulk and Bruce Banner are now separate entities but still at odds with one another. The Hulk has been assigned to take Banner down...but Bruce isn't going without a fight.
Some Issue Highlights:
- Banner's split is still taking a toll, driving his sanity and everyone he loves away.
- Betty learns the unfortunate truth of her and Bruce's "vacation" to a deserted island.
- Banner's subjects are still searching for the perfect specimen.
- Amanda Von Doom keeps pestering the Hulk for assistance, and introduces him to the "Mad Squad" (Mister Gor, B.R.A.I.N and many Killer Robots).
- Amanda, her Mad Squad and Hulk take an unwanted swim with some very disgruntled sea creatures.
- Hulk gets mad , leaving Amanda and her Mad Squad wanting.
- Banner's subjects are sent to kill Hulk and everything Hulk loves (Moloids). - which is the reason for the Next Issue's eerie cover:
EXTRA!!: There is a 5 page Exclusive Preview of Avengers: X-Sanction #1 at the end of this issue. The following characters/teams are in this preview:
- Captain America
- Red Hulk
- Iron Man
- Lethal Legion
- Living Laser
- Grim Reaper
- Radioactive Man
- Cable (as sniper)
- This "exclusive" preview exists in almost all the new issues.
- The Marvel Variant Edition Cover is a homage of the cover of Iron Man #128.