Follow

Zatanna

Character » Zatanna appears in 1676 issues.

A good stage magician and daughter of magician Giovanni John Zatara, Zatanna, the Mistress of Magic, after her father vanished, kidnapped by an old foe she delved into his library and learned about her ancestors, Zatanna taught herself how to get access to her power by speaking her spells backwards, and became one of most powerful magic-users in the DC Universe.

Who Wants To Play With Zatanna?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

DC Universe Online is a game a lot of us have been waiting for.  While a firm release date still hasn't been announced, every once in a while, Sony Online Entertainment will reveal new characters that will appear in the game.  The latest character revealed is none other than Zatanna.  I think that there are some people around here that dig her look.   

It looks like DC is not holding back on the characters that they're putting in.  No offense to Zatanna (or her fans) but I didn't think we'd actually see her in the game.  Yes she is a powerful character but what happens if you put a gag over her mouth?  I'm curious to see how she'll work in the game.  In the latest trailer, we haven't seen her in action.  I'm sure there are some that would like to see her in action. 

Here's some more images that you can click on to enlarge: 

Are you getting excited over this game?  What characters do you really want to see in it?
    Aradia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Aradia

YES! :D ME LOVE HER!!! ♥
    -Charmix

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By robbiesol

If it is the Smallville one then the answer is yes.  Yes I do.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Agent Buttons
    LOL
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Xion

awesome!!!!!!!!!! i <3 Zatanna :D

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Namor1987

Well Green Arrow look bada$$

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By NightFang3

Zatanna in the game!!!! who's next the Spectre!?!?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ms__omega

Nice

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

Dc universe online is going to have the MAIN characters of the game be computers. You don't actually be them, I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings I'm just saying the only characters you get to be are the ones you create. You choose your side (bad or good) and have fun. For example: if I pick bad guys and work with lex luthor to try and free doomsday then I will be fighting against Super-man himself. Superman well also have a team(which is you guys) if you pick good guys you will come in conflict with lex luthor. You, Superman, and other players will try to stop Lex luthor, bizzarro, sinestro and players from freeing dooms day and recking havoc in the city. If YOU are a good guy(or girl) and succeed in stopping lex luthor from freeing dooms day, you prove yourself and get to work with the man of steel again. If you are a bad guy(or girl) and YOU succeed in freeing dooms day, then you are going to have some fun kicking everyones butt. So it is just how you play. NOTE: FOR EVERYONE WHO IS PLAYING THIS GAME. Make sure that you are the same level or higher than the main dc universe Villain or Hero. Why you ask? Because if you come across let's say Dooms day gets free and it is you and other players job to detain him. So if you fight Dooms day with lets say a level 20, and dooms day is a level 50. If you fight an enemy that has twice a level higher than you, your either want to get your character killed or you just want to get your butt kicked by a monster that killed super-man(once). Same thing applies for when you are going up against the Man of steel or the Dark knight detective. Another IMPORTANT NOTE. When fighting against real players it is much different and much harder. If you meet a guy or girl that is fighting one of your hero or villain buddies you want to go help them out right. So you go over there and help them, just because that villain might be a lower level than you does not mean he or she WON'T get the help of a main villain. So here is what I'm saying THINK SMART, don't go all brute force. If your fighting batman don't keep saying I MUST BREAK THE BAT,  I MUST BREAK THE BAT,  I MUST BREAK THE BAT, Think smart if you want to fight him. Your welcome for the information. Signed RYU/BATMAN 

ONE HERO/VILLAIN IN A MILLION 
    AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndyKeel

amazing!

Ahmed Sherif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Ahmed Sherif

I like that they chose to put Zatanna in the game it's like they're adding a little pizzaze with her. 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm actually a bit surprised they added Zatanna to the game. Not that I'm complaining.  I could list off some magic tricks I'd like to see her perform, but there could be kids reading. I like fish nets.....Not on myself, but you get my meaning.

Pretty much any MMORPG has a real challenge in them. They all have to unfairly try and compare to World of Warcraft. The fact they still don't have a solid release date worries me. Sometimes delays can be a good thing. It could mean that they want to make the best experience possible. It's just that if all the do is keep teasing. Tension will only go so far before it snaps.

What I would actually like to see in this game? I would like to see a Batman detective class that had specific quests that were based on detective work. Sort of along the lines of puzzle series like 11th Hour and The 7th Guest PC games.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @RYU/BATMAN said:
    "Dc universe online is going to have the MAIN characters of the game be computers. You don't actually be them, I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings I'm just saying the only characters you get to be are the ones you create. You choose your side (bad or good) and have fun. For example: if I pick bad guys and work with lex luthor to try and free doomsday then I will be fighting against Super-man himself. Superman well also have a team(which is you guys) if you pick good guys you will come in conflict with lex luthor. You, Superman, and other players will try to stop Lex luthor, bizzarro, sinestro and players from freeing dooms day and recking havoc in the city. If YOU are a good guy(or girl) and succeed in stopping lex luthor from freeing dooms day, you prove yourself and get to work with the man of steel again. If you are a bad guy(or girl) and YOU succeed in freeing dooms day, then you are going to have some fun kicking everyones butt. So it is just how you play. NOTE: FOR EVERYONE WHO IS PLAYING THIS GAME. Make sure that you are the same level or higher than the main dc universe Villain or Hero. Why you ask? Because if you come across let's say Dooms day gets free and it is you and other players job to detain him. So if you fight Dooms day with lets say a level 20, and dooms day is a level 50. If you fight an enemy that has twice a level higher than you, your either want to get your character killed or you just want to get your butt kicked by a monster that killed super-man(once). Same thing applies for when you are going up against the Man of steel or the Dark knight detective. Another IMPORTANT NOTE. When fighting against real players it is much different and much harder. If you meet a guy or girl that is fighting one of your hero or villain buddies you want to go help them out right. So you go over there and help them, just because that villain might be a lower level than you does not mean he or she WON'T get the help of a main villain. So here is what I'm saying THINK SMART, don't go all brute force. If your fighting batman don't keep saying I MUST BREAK THE BAT,  I MUST BREAK THE BAT,  I MUST BREAK THE BAT, Think smart if you want to fight him. Your welcome for the information. Signed RYU/BATMAN 

"

Who made the pic cause thats a generic coh costume parts.Um so they changed it that you wount be playing the main characters or your own then?So two of the biger saleing points have changed. one was it would be based off the main stream dc canon what hapend in the monthly comics would afect the onliine game but now its jsut gona be its own comic an basiclay copy what coh did early on. 

an now you cant play as a "name" hero in dcuo?No being super man for instances etc?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngelFrost

Woooooo. :D

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yaujtapool

im hoping lobo can feature since i would most likely be a villain .

SFX87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SFX87

I love Zatanna and am so happy she is in the game.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @FoxxFireArt: I have to say I've never really been a fan of fishnets.  Not sure why.  Zatanna wears them, Black Canary wears them, anyone else?  I'm sure people won't agree but I just never liked them or nylons of any sort.
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By They Killed Cap!
    @RYU/BATMAN:

Is it going to be an rpg like wow...or is it gonna be a story map you are playing through more like grandtheft auto?
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @G-Man said:
    " @FoxxFireArt: I have to say I've never really been a fan of fishnets.  Not sure why.  Zatanna wears them, Black Canary wears them, anyone else?  I'm sure people won't agree but I just never liked them or nylons of any sort. "

I alwasy felt sorry for the inkers when seeing those fisnets.Think they use them an not the ones with the line up the back is those are more used in stage shows.where as line up the back would be more betty pageish so to speek.That an they dont have to color the legs difrent just draw lines i supose.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @G-Man said:
    " @FoxxFireArt: I have to say I've never really been a fan of fishnets.  Not sure why.  Zatanna wears them, Black Canary wears them, anyone else?  I'm sure people won't agree but I just never liked them or nylons of any sort. "
    Hey, everyone has a preference. One thing I do hate about fishnets is drawing them. More so in anything with dramatic perspective, or how they change at the knees when bent. If done poorly it can make legs look flat.

Just something about seeing fish net stockings on a nice set of legs makes me wish I was being caught. lol  
    (I'm in a naughty mood today for some reason.)
    Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pez85

The title is worded so suggestiverly lol 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By danhimself
    @Marshal Victory:  they never said that you could play as established characters...DCUO has always been a create your own character type game

@They Killed Cap!:  it's a mmorpg with action game elements mixed in
    sfizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By sfizzle

i hope they throw in phantom stranger!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By pixelized

She's my sole reason for buying the game

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @danhimself said:

" @Marshal Victory:  they never said that you could play as established characters...DCUO has always been a create your own character type game

@They Killed Cap!:  it's a mmorpg with action game elements mixed in "

Fairly sure it was mentioned .I could be wrong tho happens alot. 

Not sure how much info about it is true atm but http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/350 covers alot about it. An if it is free to play model (f2p) it will kill champions online.Tho their killing them selves atm.Never have i seen a company like Cryptic shot it self in the foot so fast.Some one should tell them to not reload. 

I play City of Heroes.Plan to for long time but if DCUO is f2p ill try it out.Its animations from what i seen are very hit or miss.
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

I love zatanna !!! And the birds of prey should be in the game too !

touch37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By touch37

Seeing as I plan to be on the side of evil (sorry, y'all, but all my favorite characters happen to be villians), I really hope Zoom, Inertia, and the Flash's Rogues will be in the game. All of them. Dead ones included. And it would be cool to have a feature with the heroes and villians, to choose what generation you'd want to play as. I mean, Barry and Wally shared most of their Rogues during each of their respective times in the red pajamas, but Barry would have no idea how to deal with Murmur or Axel Walker, if they were plunked down in front of him.
    SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23
    @They Killed Cap!:  
    RPG game. You just create the characters and fight along side good or evil
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By Theodore

The game looks great! I love Z too.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Mbecks14

PSYCHED!!!!

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I am really excited about this game. I am of course playing Wonder Woman! 
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By brc2000

I don't think you'll be allowed to play any of the actual DC characters, since they'll all probably be involved in quests and whatnot.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bio Guyver

Why won't this game just be released? It's been too long. I want to make my Blue Beetle character already!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.