Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 268 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Who will be the first casualty in Young Justice Animated Series?

• 94 results
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bestostero

So everyone I know is talking about the new show and the death that will happen somewhere down the line...  so who do you guys think is the first to go?   I'm guessing it will be one of the core members, thats how it sounded like to me, i dont think they would've made a big deal if it was a minor character...

My guess is Artemis...if she is Olivia Queen as many has suggested, Olivia does end up dead...not to mention there's news that Speedy is going to join midway through the season...and having two archers isn't that interesting... so yeah..lol  I hope its not Artemis, i think a roster of six with just two girls is fine...i would be disappointed if it was five boys and one girl.

tyekoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tyekoon
    @xhavoc86:
    It'll probably be either Artemis so they could add Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel who knows they probably wont kill her off, Aqualad maybe. If they kill the new Aqualad right after they created all this anticipation for this character. Plus spending all this time developing and promoting him just to kill him off, it would be a failure for me because the character is now one of  my top 3 personal favorites with Aquaman of course. Now the sacraficial lamb could be Superboy as he did in the comics to prove he had what it took to be Superman fighting the parallel earth Superboy. Then for the Justice League roster it would be most likely Aquaman or The Flash aka Barry Allen since they both did die in the comics at one point then were brought back to life. Along with Garth since Greg Weisman stated in an interview that he would appear in the show and he as well died in the comics. Since they did say not everyone will survive and that it would be in continuity with the comics 52 earths. 
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bestostero
    @tyekoon:
    It just seems unfair that someone has to die, whoever it is, its way too soon i think...  the same could be said about Artemis, she's pretty much unheard of, and if they created her just so she could die, that seems unfair...  I don't want to see any of the six die... but its definitely leaning towards Artemis for me.  Good point about Superboy, but I just don't see him dying, he seems too much of a fan favorite to let go so early on...but its definitely possible if they plan on resurrecting him down the line lol
    tyekoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tyekoon
    @xhavoc86:
    I totally agree with you that no one in the six should die, at least not yet its only the first season. I'd perfer they kill the off some of the supporting cast rather than six period, no matter how many seasons the shows on for, but it would just make more since to have the main six be all alive for at least 2 or 3 seasons. I mean I know this is suppose to be realistic  and grounded but its still a Cartoon Network show for kids. So hopefully they wont kill them off, I'd rather have one of them leave the team and go solo. Then have another hero replace that one.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bestostero
    @tyekoon: 
    Agreed.  They shouldn't kill anyone, just have some people leave and replace them and they can come back when someone else leaves or make an appearance as a guest character or something lol  I know its a show for kids...but the in the video they were talking about death, sex and all that good stuff... i dont know how this is gonna be on cartoon network lol
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Captain13

Most likely John Zatara in the JL lineup. Then Zatanna will replace him.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Skaddix

Doubt it will be Aqualad all the promotion plus its WB and they don't let minorities get dropped the way DC comics do. 
    I think Aqualad and Blue Beetle are going to be the face of diversity for DC with maybe Static.

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
    teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By teamextrodinary15

It might be Artermis and then Wondergirl might replace her or the John Zatara is a good Idea
    lubu343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lubu343

well if one of the main characters dies will they come back?
    staceydillon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By staceydillon

Should a character die in a cartoon?

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Zoom
    @Captain13 said:
    "Most likely John Zatara in the JL lineup. Then Zatanna will replace him. "

I think this is the obvious answer.
    Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jnr6Lil

yes. I dont even like dhtat htye picked John Zatara for the team? Seriously.
    Javada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Javada

Maybe artemis will leave for a while, speedy will join and then die, artemis comes back and we're all happy!  except 4 u speedy fans.  I think aqaualad might die, cuz then robin can take the lead.

FinalAvalanche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FinalAvalanche

1) A member of the JL may die and be replaced. Zatara is a possibility, the show may have his daughter step-up and become a serious member of the league after his death, kind of like the passing of the torch to the new generation. Green Arrow dying and being succeeded by Red Arrow could also happen.
    2) Another possibility is that one of the YJ members goes berserk, or is careless and ends up killing a villain.
    3) If a member of YJ is the first to go, I guess it would be one of the powerhouses (Superboy, Aqualad, or Miss Martian), to show the teens that even the strongest can die. My best guess would be Miss Martian since the other two are prominent in comics right now, while MM recently left the Teen Titans series.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64

Definetly NOT Superboy. Yes maybe Artemis.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By KidSupreme
    @Primmaster64: I think it will be  Artemis also... but if they wanna do something cool.. they SHOULD kill off Superboy somewhere towards the end of the 1st season and then bring him back somewhere in the beginning of the 2nd season just like in the comic books :)
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Hopefully its Aqualad he's a really useless character.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skaddix
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Really how so? Right now Kid Flash is absolutely the most useless.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

Hm...  

Can't be Robin. He's supposed to lead the team later... 
    Can't be Kid Flash... Wally's never died and he's like, the only comic relief the team has 
    Can't be Superboy. They have more character development to do with him first.  
    I don't think It will be Aqualad because he's the team leader.. Right now, anyway.  
    Miss Martian's too cute to die :) 

And then there's Artemis... I don't think they'll kill her now because she just joined on the team, but I can totally see the season end with her dying to protect the team from whatever she does to betray them (cause you know it's totally gonna be her =P)

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Skaddix: Because like the only reason they gave him the leadership role is because he has nothing else to give the team. and for example when those monkeys were attacking that van the whole team tried to stop them and all he was doing was watching them as he followed behind. Useless.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skaddix
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: no he just did not jump on the van, he was whipping them of the back of the truck
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Skaddix: Yeah... That doesn't really help with your argument. lol :P
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Primmaster64

Atermis did not get that much positive reception.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Skaddix
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: He was taking care of the ones on the back. So i know how it helps mine it refutes yours.
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Martian

I think they'll kill off either Artemis or Miss Martian.

Avatar image for mistersarcastic
    mistersarcastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mistersarcastic

I don't personally think any of the main roster members will die, perhaps a new recruit will join and got out all heroic like...sacrifice or something for the entire team.

Shudap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shudap

Am I the only one who is expecting Robin to die?

I know he is the most experienced of the lot, and is the best recognized sidekick in comic book history, but he brings absolutely nothing to the show. Everyone else has some standing story going for them, and they all bring something unique to the team:

Superboy has his issues with Superman, is developing a relationship with Miss Martian, and serves as the muscle of the team. Also, the development of his character has had the most time investment of anyone on the team. Moreover, he was created by the Light, who also tried to recapture him. There's obviously some link in there, and so he must live.

Miss Martian is developing a relationship with Superboy, and helps keep the team together by use of her psychic powers. Since the Light tried to get control of Superboy once, they may try to do so again. As such, she would serve as the emotional glue for him to stay in the team.

Aqualad is the leader of the group, and the most active link to Speedy/Red Arrow. Moreover, his character has just been revamped, and has had the most time invested in it on the show, with the exception of Superboy. I don't see them killing him off either.

Kid Flash brings the comic relief. He is the only one to do so, and by virtue of that, he becomes essentially indispensable.

Artemis has been developing an interesting character over the past few episodes. If anything, I see them keeping her merely to ride on the waves generated in the aftermath of the conclusion of her current direction. Moreover, they're hinting something between her and Kid Flash.

Red Arrow has his own story of not wanting to join the team, and suspecting Artemis. It seems that they're building him up as a potentially valuable member of the team. And so, with all that time investment, I can't picture them killing him either.

That leaves us with Robin.

What standing Story does he have? None. There's the little catch, that he is the future leader of the team, but you can clearly see that they're portraying Aqualad as too good a leader to be replaced. Moreover, they aren't even referencing to it on a regular basis. So, in all likelihood, it was merely an excuse for them to make the less known Aqualad the leader, over the much better recognized Robin.

What does he bring to the team? Nothing. He's supposed to have experience, but clearly he isn't showcasing it much. In fact, Aqualad is outshowing him there as well. They did an entire episode merely to highlight the experience that Aqualad had amassed over his tenure as the leader of the group. For Robin, there's been nothing.

What character development have they done for him? None. He isn't really involved in anything significant. He isn't really having any great issues. He isn't really standing out at anything. He's just being Robin. He's just being what people all over the world know him for. That's it.

And that brings me to what I'm thinking. All of his incarnations included, what is Robin best known for?

That's right: for dying at the hands of The Joker.

I'm sure it would be a fitting end to the season, if the Light were to some how get the Clown Prince of Crime out of Arkham (assuming he's in there), in order to create some kind of a confusion. The team would obviously go for him, wherein he would simply kill the Boy Wonder, just as he did in the comics. They can run a story that Artemis (or whoever the inside source is supposed to be) lures Robin into the trap. In all likelihood, both the traitor, and the Light would be expecting him to be kept there. The Joker however, would simply kill him, and move further, causing the traitor to feel guilty and turn on the Light.

I know that the chances for this happening are very very slim… but then, what's the harm in dreaming?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By fodigg

John Zatara probably. Or maybe they'll do Bart's weird pseudo-future "death" for Wally.

edit: Or hey, what about Red Tornado? That'd be a pretty easy death to stomach.

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wattup

I hope Roy Harper dies. He ruins every comic he's in and I don't want the same to happen to this show.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Wattup: He is great on that show

Artemis will probably die, she is not in the promotional image for the second season
    Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Burnstar1230

Looking at the poster for Season 2, I don't think it's Aqualad that's with his waterbearers on his back. If you look at the face, it looks more like Jaime Reyes a.k.a. Blue Beetle, so I would say Aqualad dies a heroic death as leader of the team, making Robin the replacement leader. Seeing as the season looks to be more involved with intergalactic threats, it wouldn't be too farfetched to think Blue Beetle will be added to the team. Although, I really like Kaldur, I think it's going to be him.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32  Edited By The Lobster

The first causality has already happened..... Kent Nelson

Forget about him?

TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TenguMan8

I doubt it's Robin, Aqualad or Kid Flash...everyone else is fair game though..

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BatteredArmor

Hope it's for miss Martian  

Hello Mgann 
    Hello bullet
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By Kairan1979
    @BlackArmor said:
    Hope it's for miss Martian   Hello Mgann Hello bullet
    Yeah. Superboy can go berserk after her death, so Zatanna can restrain his using magic and eventually join the team.
    FinalAvalanche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FinalAvalanche

@cattlebattle: Actually Artemis' voice actress confirmed that she's working on Young Justice season 2. Also Kelly Hu, who voices Artemis' mother and sister, has also been confirmed to be working on season 2. And the Invasion promo image had an archer on it, even though it's impossible to tell who it is.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cattlebattle
    @FinalAvalanche said:

@cattlebattle: Actually Artemis' voice actress confirmed that she's working on Young Justice season 2. Also Kelly Hu, who voices Artemis' mother and sister, has also been confirmed to be working on season 2. And the Invasion promo image had an archer on it, even though it's impossible to tell who it is.

Well, The woman who voices Artemis does the voice of the Caves computer....ya know.. .."Robin B1" and all that jazz, so that could be why her actress is listed. Cheshire doesn't exactly need Artemis around to show up in an episode

I have come to change my mind about the Invasion promo poster, It looks like it could be Artemis as the silhouette has a compound bow, like Artemis uses and her ponytail could just be blocked by her quiver.....who knows....
    FinalAvalanche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FinalAvalanche

@cattlebattle: I think that Artemis' voice actress is voicing more than the computer in season 2, since she said how excited she was to be back to work on the show. I personally wouldn't find saying number designations to be very exciting. Also the episode Kelly Hu is slated to voice in is a Flash-centric episode, and since YJ obviously pairs Artemis with Kid Flash together, it's likely going to be an episode about them and their families. And based on the passage of time the episode would like be timestamped on or around Valentine's Day.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cattlebattle
    @FinalAvalanche said:

@cattlebattle: I think that Artemis' voice actress is voicing more than the computer in season 2, since she said how excited she was to be back to work on the show. I personally wouldn't find saying number designations to be very exciting. Also the episode Kelly Hu is slated to voice in is a Flash-centric episode, and since YJ obviously pairs Artemis with Kid Flash together, it's likely going to be an episode about them and their families. And based on the passage of time the episode would like be timestamped on or around Valentine's Day.

Nice...where did you find all this out??
    FinalAvalanche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FinalAvalanche

@cattlebattle: The information about Kelly Hu and the Flash episode came from YJ writer Peter David. He wrote the 6th episode of season 2. I think Kelly Hu appears in the Flash episode because it was the only one in season 2, written by Peter David that had the voices recorded at the time he made the statement. And here are links to his statements about the episode.

http://www.peterdavid.net/index.php/2011/08/22/news-flash/

http://www.peterdavid.net/index.php/2011/08/21/back-from-west-coast/#comments

And Artemis' voice actress stated on her blog that she's working on season 2. Here's the link.

http://stephanielemelin.net/wordpress/archives/date/2011/08

As for why I think the episode will be timestamped around Valentine's Day, it's because the 26-episode first season takes place over 6 months, which roughly equals 4 episodes a month. Season 2 kicks off on January 1, so episode 6 of season 2 would likely take place in mid-February.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cattlebattle
    @FinalAvalanche said:

@cattlebattle: The information about Kelly Hu and the Flash episode came from YJ writer Peter David. He wrote the 6th episode of season 2. I think Kelly Hu appears in the Flash episode because it was the only one in season 2, written by Peter David that had the voices recorded at the time he made the statement. And here are links to his statements about the episode.

http://www.peterdavid.net/index.php/2011/08/22/news-flash/

http://www.peterdavid.net/index.php/2011/08/21/back-from-west-coast/#comments

And Artemis' voice actress stated on her blog that she's working on season 2. Here's the link.

http://stephanielemelin.net/wordpress/archives/date/2011/08

As for why I think the episode will be timestamped around Valentine's Day, it's because the 26-episode first season takes place over 6 months, which roughly equals 4 episodes a month. Season 2 kicks off on January 1, so episode 6 of season 2 would likely take place in mid-February.

I thought season ended on the 1st of January (Young Justice time) because the name of the last ep is sort of a play on the song auld lang syne...It could be New Years eve though...

Thanks for the info...looking forward to tonights episode, and discussing it :)
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Video_Martian

@Gambit1024 said:

Hm... Can't be Robin. He's supposed to lead the team later... Can't be Kid Flash... Wally's never died and he's like, the only comic relief the team has Can't be Superboy. They have more character development to do with him first. I don't think It will be Aqualad because he's the team leader.. Right now, anyway. Miss Martian's too cute to die :) And then there's Artemis... I don't think they'll kill her now because she just joined on the team, but I can totally see the season end with her dying to protect the team from whatever she does to betray them (cause you know it's totally gonna be her =P)

THIS COMMENT IS SO FULL OF WIN! :)

But yes, I agree they'll prob kill off Artemis at some point to introduce Cassie (especially since DC just FINALLY got the rights to use her :P)

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By luckydomino1

i dont understand whats with people with killing off characters

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
    victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By victoriancuckoo

I could see it being Artemis. Although I wish it was Robin, he's really annoying for some reason. I only watch for Megan and Superboy...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jnr6Lil

After last night's episode with Black Canary doing therapy, it could be anyone at this point.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By luckydomino1

where did you guys get the information that a member is gonna die or leave or is this just an assumption, a guess that they are gonna kill somebody off

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Afro_Warrior
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cattlebattle
    @luckydomino1 said:

where did you guys get the information that a member is gonna die or leave or is this just an assumption, a guess that they are gonna kill somebody off

In an interview with Greg Weisman (shows producer) He stated "not everyones going to make it", which has been interpreted into someones probably going to die... (there might be information at this point)

This could mean anything though, it could mean someone turns evil, someone leaves the team (this will definitely happen)....I just think at this point, that with Artemis' voice actress confirmed recording for season 2, Superboy and Miss Martian getting the focus they do, and Aqualad being an important factor that this might not mean someones going to die, I really cannot imagine they would kill off Robin or Kid Flash. It could just alluding to someone leaving is what I believe now
    Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@luckydomino1: @cattlebattle:

I should also point out it's possible we have already had our first major character death (Greg Weisman's own words). When he was asked what episode we would see the first major character death he said episode 7, (Kent Nelson/Dr Fate). So it's possible his idea of a major character and ours is radically different, meaning none of the core team will actually die.

For what it's worth i think Red Arrow is going to be the character who dies. He's close enough to the team that they would be seriously impacted by it, without throwing away a huge amount of character investment.

http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?sid=927612&qid=13282

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The thing is I can't seen any of them dying, They're so young.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.