Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Trust Aqualad?

• 60 results
    confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By confirukia

after seeing the new YG darkest ,im not sure i could trust him,at first i did but now............... don't think so

wally took the words right out of my mouth

so now that most of the team is gone,will we be seeing new teammates

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bestostero

i had a little worry, but he did spare Lagoon Boy, he give Dick the information drive and spared him and Superboy and he is working with Artemis (he didnt expose her or detain her), could it all be a huge ploy? maybe, but i dont believe he's a triple agent...i doubt it

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

Wally brought up an excellent point....though if he is indeed a triple agent then it's going to be a shock reveal since he hasn't really done anything that makes it look like he's betraying the team

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I don't think he had to blow up the cave....but he did anyway. He is probably genuinely angry with the team and Aquaman for what they have done to him but also wants to do the right thing....

He is likely conflicted, but, I think he will do the right thing in the end

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Izaiah
    Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'm a little wary of him at this point, though I doubt he'd turn traitor for real. Wally made a good argument, but not enough to really convince me one way or another.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By srk12

Like the others, I agree that Wally's argument is valid. I don't think Aqualad is a triple agent, but that stems more out of information I've taken out of interviews of Wesiman and co. They have said that the original six are the main leads of the show so I doubt they would make a main lead a villain. In any case, this mission seems to have too many variables. Kaldur's actions are inconsistent enough to draw suspicion so Wally's question was a worthy one because it doesn't seem like Nightwing has any control over this mission anymore.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrShway88

I think Aqualad is a quadruple agent. The Light knows he is a double agent (They aren't stupid. They are made up of some of the smartest minds on the planet) so Aqualad acts like a triple agent to the Light. My theory at least. Some time in the season Aqualad will be reveled as a triple agent to create awesome story deveploment and at the end of the season his true intention will be seen he was always working for the good guys.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JohnnyGat

I'm still trusting him.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CrimsonCake

How many times have they accused other team members of being a traitor now?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danhimself

@srk12 said:

Like the others, I agree that Wally's argument is valid. I don't think Aqualad is a triple agent, but that stems more out of information I've taken out of interviews of Wesiman and co. They have said that the original six are the main leads of the show so I doubt they would make a main lead a villain. In any case, this mission seems to have too many variables. Kaldur's actions are inconsistent enough to draw suspicion so Wally's question was a worthy one because it doesn't seem like Nightwing has any control over this mission anymore.

the problem with Nightwing at this point is that he's acting to much like Batman with his ends justifying the means attitude

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By wessaari

@danhimself: ya thats the scary part, especially when he said in season 1 he didnt want to be "the" batman. he sorta went the other direction there

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

@wessaari: yeah...he's putting Aqualad and Artemis in a lot of danger and so far they haven't gotten anything out of it....they've got two insiders and right now they're getting nothing out of it...the team has been decimated...I mean look at who's left....Superboy, Nightwing, Robin, Miss Martian and retired Wally....plus the few members of the Justice League who have done nothing to help this season

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By srk12

@danhimself: Exactly. He seems to be acting quite coldly to the situation. They seem to be putting innocent team members in harms way to get their information and that poses an interesting ethical dilemma. Its one thing for Artemis to be in danger since she chose to be there. But its another thing altogether to put Bart, Beast Boy, and Jaime in danger on purpose just to get information.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skaddix

If he was a traitor he would have let superboy get killed by the boys. And he would have not given dick time to escape.

Thereby essentially decapitating YJ

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Yeah I think someone said it best.

He's either completely bad or just conflicted or He might actually be on the dark side, and really just getting information from the Team to give to Black Manta, other then vice versa. I mean with all the things that happened (Tula dying, his true father), those are all things that could have taken a toll on Aqualad's personality

Or he might really be angry with the team but still wants to do the right thing, so maybe being undercover against the Team could just be Nightwing's way of therapy for Aqualad.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vernierhawk001

@danhimself said:

@srk12 said:

the problem with Nightwing at this point is that he's acting to much like Batman with his ends justifying the means attitude

Honestly, I think thats the whole point. he wanted so badly not to become Batman but....he ends up doing it. Not because he hates his Team or anything he just.....sees the need. Its a brilliant move on the part of the writiers. Whats the point of establishing that whole "i don't want to be batman" scene in the first season if you aren't going to explore it later on, ya know?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By RedOwl_1

Through I hate him badly I trust him.... till the probabilities are fatal like What is the drive isn't more than a way to get on the JL system? or what if he..... Oh man I need to stop thinking on all those probabilities or I will die of paranoia

Avatar image for freddy_f_freeman
    Freddy_F_Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Freddy_F_Freeman

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

and not sure how to filter

i dont see any sign of him becoming a traitor honestly, i mean from wally's point of view sure but we've seen that most of the people working with aqualad now dont trust him at all or arent completely sold on him yet so he had to prove himself. and he did it without "killing" another one of his teammates, im sure the explosion thing wasnt planned but it did what was needed to get him into the light

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PassionFlower

I trust him but he is getting ruthless about carrying out the mission.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@PassionFlower said:

confirukia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By confirukia

@MrShway88: word especially lex luthor .Lex is not stupid aqualad might think his plan is working all good but soon itll all fall in front of his face

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By X9

It's easier to trust Kaldur than Dick...honestly, that guy is gonna kill somebody from his own team, I mean it :P

I don't think Aqualad is betraying his friends, not at all.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Zdaybreak

Kaldur is sexier in black. Just sayin'

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I Trust him

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Freddy_F_Freeman said:

i dont see any sign of him becoming a traitor honestly

Did anyone else notice how he took a moment, after infiltrating Mount Justice, to admire Aquagirl's statue before moving on with the plan? I think deep down he secretly harbors a hatred towards the team for her death. So the idea of him being a triple agent seems very possible in my opinion.
    serfdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By serfdom

possible but im pretty sure its a red herring.

hes going thru some emotional turmoil... so him enjoying beating up the good guys who couldnt save the one he loved makes sense, but i feel he still has a true sense of justice

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By ComicStooge

I don't think I trust him.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VampireSelektor

We will have more insight into Aqualad's true allegiance when "Young Justice" reveals exactly how Tula died.

Nightwing deserves more credit for his actions. He's a general in a war. The Light are not an goofy band of villains with a new plan every week to rule the world. They're an enemy with specific intentions and a carefully thought out plan. One could argue that any progress towards defeating The Light is due to the actions of The Team. There is a chance Nightwing knows what he is doing here.

I wonder if Jason Todd, his life and/or death, influenced Nightwing's strategy.

Post-Crisis Nightwing took on a darker persona in the wake of several tragedies:

• The death of Jason Todd,
    • Watching the Titans get brutalized by the Wildebeest society,
    • The bizarre failure of his wedding to Starfire,
    • Joker paralyzing Barbara Gordon,
    • The death of Donna Troy,
    • Allowing his first real threat Blockbuster to die at the hands of a vigilante when he was buzzing at his lowest ebb,
    • Let's not forget that both Black Lightning and Roy Harper criticized Dick for his surprising callousness during his leading tenure with the Outsiders, when he was still coming to terms with his ills.

On Earth-16, at least Jason Todd and Tula died in the war against The Light.

Are we not watching Dick Grayson in a similar phase?

Acetremace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Acetremace

i don't see any reason not to trust aqualad. yes he lost the girl he loved and found who his bio father is but he has done nothing but be a true warrior for good

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@PassionFlower said:

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle
    @X9 said:

It's easier to trust Kaldur than Dick...honestly, that guy is gonna kill somebody from his own team, I mean it :P

Really? The final scene of the episode indicated that Aqualads sole mission was to capture Blue Beetle, which he did, along with two other rookies.....and when his team made a joke about his loyalty...he blew up Mount. Justice.....

I think Aqualad is becoming a bit unbalanced and Dick is so desperate to justify any loss that he is becoming blinded.
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VampireSelektor

@cattlebattle said:

@X9 said:

Really? The final scene of the episode indicated that Aqualads sole mission was to capture Blue Beetle, which he did, along with two other rookies.....and when his team made a joke about his loyalty...he blew up Mount. Justice..... I think Aqualad is becoming a bit unbalanced and Dick is so desperate to justify any loss that he is becoming blinded.

If his team had the gall to question Aqualad's loyalty to his face, so could Black Manta and The Light. Mount Justice was the first example of collateral damage that resulted from Dick and Kaldur's ruse, anyway.

Also, does "desperate to justify any loss that he is becoming blinded" sound like Dick Grayson?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@VampireSelektor: Even Mount Justice really wasn't collateral. @VampireSelektor said:

We will have more insight into Aqualad's true allegiance when "Young Justice" reveals exactly how Tula died.

Nightwing deserves more credit for his actions. He's a general in a war. The Light are not an goofy band of villains with a new plan every week to rule the world. They're an enemy with specific intentions and a carefully thought out plan. One could argue that any progress towards defeating The Light is due to the actions of The Team. There is a chance Nightwing knows what he is doing here.

Post-Crisis Nightwing took on a darker persona in the wake of several tragedies:

• Allowing his first real threat Blockbuster to die at the hands of a vigilante when he was buzzing at his lowest ebb,
    • Let's not forget that both Black Lightning and Roy Harper criticized Dick for his surprising callousness during his leading tenure with the Outsiders, when he was still coming to terms with his ills.

Damn Post Crisis Nightwing is dark.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Jnr6Lil said:

@VampireSelektor: Even Mount Justice really wasn't collateral. @VampireSelektor said:

He did go through a rough patch at one point, but Kyle Higgins has the right idea on who Nightwing is and where he should go story-wise.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cattlebattle
    @VampireSelektor said:

If his team had the gall to question Aqualad's loyalty to his face, so could Black Manta and The Light. Mount Justice was the first example of collateral damage that resulted from Dick and Kaldur's ruse, anyway.

Also, does "desperate to justify any loss that he is becoming blinded" sound like Dick Grayson?

Kaldur didn't  have to blow up the cave though, he did that on his own and could have really hurt or killed someone, the only reason he did it was because Icicle was questioning him......not Manta or the Light.

I think Dick is in over his head at this point and is blindly pacifying Kaldurs actions....."ends justify the means"
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By VampireSelektor

@cattlebattlesaid:

@VampireSelektorsaid:

Kaldur didn't have to blow up the cave though, he did that on his own and could have really hurt or killed someone, the only reason he did it was because Icicle was questioning him......not Manta or the Light. I think Dick is in over his head at this point and is blindly pacifying Kaldurs actions....."ends justify the means"

Suppose Black Manta caught wind of team's skepticism towards Kaldur? Would he have just shrugged it off and said "oh, like they know my son!", or would he have put Kaldur in an even more difficult position to prove himself? Blowing up Mount Justice was the only way to definitively shut up any lingering questions over Aqualad's loyalty. Dick was trained for situations like these, and under normal circumstances would have followed Kaldur's team after swiftly disassembling the collars. Plus, Dick has escaped from tighter spots. Are not Superboy and Blue Beetle invulnerable, if not highly durable?

UPDATE: What did Kaldur do before this to put his character into question? And if Kaldur is becoming corrupt, what does this say about Artemis?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cattlebattle
    @VampireSelektor said:

Suppose Black Manta caught wind of team's skepticism towards Kaldur? Would he have just shrugged it off and said "oh, like they know my son!", or would he have put Kaldur in an even more difficult position to prove himself? Blowing up Mount Justice was the only way to definitively shut up any lingering questions over Aqualad's loyalty. Dick was trained for situations like these, and under normal circumstances would have followed Kaldur's team after swiftly disassembling the collars. Plus, Dick has escaped from tighter spots. Are not Superboy and Blue Beetle invulnerable, if not highly durable?

I am aware, I am just saying...it was extreme and kind of ruthless.....its something that even when his cover is revealed, I don't think its forgivable on any level by any of his team mates, except Dick obviously, or the League.

Dick had no way of knowing of who or what was going to be taken by Kaldur...he was unaware of the whole event, he was made aware after he had the flash drive. I am sure Dick is the only one that believes in the extremes......he is putting everything in jeopardy, I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VampireSelektor

@cattlebattle said:

@VampireSelektor said:

I am aware, I am just saying...it was extreme and kind of ruthless.....its something that even when his cover is revealed, I don't think its forgivable on any level by any of his team mates, except Dick obviously, or the League. Dick had no way of knowing of who or what was going to be taken by Kaldur...he was unaware of the whole event, he was made aware after he had the flash drive. I am sure Dick is the only one that believes in the extremes......he is putting everything in jeopardy, I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.

I can agree with you on the trust issues, but the Earth is already in jeopardy. In all fairness, "Young Justice" did an outstanding job of executing their storylines last season. I suspect that Nightwing and Kaldur will get their chance to explain themselves.

Isn't it funny how both Dick and Kaldur both lost somebody during the five year gap?

Maybe even the only two Team members who lost somebody?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cattlebattle
    @VampireSelektor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I can agree with you on the trust issues, but the Earth is already in jeopardy. In all fairness, "Young Justice" did an outstanding job of executing their storylines last season. I suspect that Nightwing and Kaldur will get their chance to explain themselves.

Isn't it funny how both Dick and Kaldur both lost somebody during the five year gap?

Yeah, I am on the fence about the whole situation...I mean, I can totally see why Dick and Kaldur would go to such extremes.....to more or less save the earth possibly. I thought they had arranged it until the end of the episode where Wally starts questioning his affiliation and the episode ends with the Light addressing how he really only needed to capture Blue Beetle......blowing up the cave isn't just like an extra credit action...it was pretty freaking severe..or at least I thought so.

Yeah, almost everyone has some sort of tragedy on the new Team. Tragedy everywhere haha.
    Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vitacura

Dick has faith in his friends. Last season he never doubted Artemis even when he knew about his family and the fact that she was keeping it a secret. He believes in Kaldur in the same way.

VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By VampireSelektor

@cattlebattle said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@cattlebattle said:

Yeah, I am on the fence about the whole situation...I mean, I can totally see why Dick and Kaldur would go to such extremes.....to more or less save the earth possibly. I thought they had arranged it until the end of the episode where Wally starts questioning his affiliation and the episode ends with the Light addressing how he really only needed to capture Blue Beetle......blowing up the cave isn't just like an extra credit action...it was pretty freaking severe..or at least I thought so. Yeah, almost everyone has some sort of tragedy on the new Team. Tragedy everywhere haha.

Lollerspliffs. I wonder how Jason and Tula died on Earth-16.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@VampireSelektor said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

He did go through a rough patch at one point, but Kyle Higgins has the right idea on who Nightwing is and where he should go story-wise.

How dark did he get?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cattlebattle
    @VampireSelektor said:

Lollerspliffs. I wonder how Jason and Tula died on Earth-16.

Probably mission related...well for Tula we know it had something to do with the team. Its possible Jason died on a mission as Nightwing ominously told Tim not to die.....but he could have been killed by the Joker.....who knows.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By fodigg

Of course you can. Wally is just being paranoid. All the hostages are new characters. This is just a way to get the old team back together.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By The Lobster

I'm going to trust Aqualad. 

They're at war. The Light aren't going to play fair. So why should they? If it means blowing up the base of operations and having one or two captured but not killed. I'll support it. Save billions by killing millions.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BlackWind

I trust him. But I hope he is genuinely conflicted. If his morals are so strong that the death of the girl he loved and the man he respected above all else keeping such a crucial secret from him haven't made him shifty, alignment-wise, it'd be boring. It'd be nice to know that under that placid face, Kaldur has dark thoughts. Still, I'd hope he does what is right in the end.

WALL-E still made a valid argument though. Far as Nightwing pulling a Batman goes, at least he knows his plan is manipulative, deceptive, and wrong.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#48  Edited By papad1992

Aqualad blew up the cave to keep his status as a "bad guy." His "chosen team" had doubts about if Aqualad still had feelings for his old team, so he blew them up (so it seemed to Icicle Jr. and the terror twins that he's a bad guy). I found it necessary!

Nightflame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nightflame

Agreed. It was certainly not planned, and was most definitely drastic to the extreme, but it was infact necessary. I trust Kaldur and believe that he will do the right thing, as will Nightwing and Wally. My only concern is at what cost will the mission succeed?

kasino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kasino

not at all he exactly explained everything in the flash drive he gave Dick

Wally is just worried about his GF

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.