Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Today's Episode

nmiller1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nmiller1939

So I thought today's episode was pretty good. The intrigue was really well done, good action sequences, Nightwing doing detective work, M'Gann managed to escape without blowing Kaldur or Artemis's cover...all around, fairly enjoyable. The show's really picking up pace heading into the conclusion, and it's making me more confident that they'll be able to resolve most of the plot threads.

Also, Nightwing just looking pissed at the end just looked super badass.

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thespidey307

I thought that Black Manta was kind of weak in this one, I mean he is supposed to fight Aquaman, but I guess it really doesn't matter. Looks like Aqualads mind is good again. Also, looks like Nightwing figured out that Blue beetle is lying and the Reach is holding The Team. We will probably see that next episode.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I hope the loss of the team forces Dick to pull Wally out of retirement. It would be cool if the final fight against the Reach came down to the original 5 members.

srk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By srk12

Wally needs to come back but I am having less and less hope that he will. This episode was a perfect opportunity for him to come back. We'll have everyone back by next episode since the next episode is about the rescue of the team so I doubt they will be able to fit Wally back in until episode 18. But at least Nightwing seemed competent for the first time this season. The final shot of him was pretty badass.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind

@thespidey307 said:

I thought that Black Manta was kind of weak in this one, I mean he is supposed to fight Aquaman, but I guess it really doesn't matter. Looks like Aqualads mind is good again. Also, looks like Nightwing figured out that Blue beetle is lying and the Reach is holding The Team. We will probably see that next episode.

Exactly. Manta looked totally unimpressive. He goes h2h with Aquaman all the time, he isn't some scrub who solely relies on lazer spam.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Superdork

Manta was not weak. Sportsmaster is just strong.

Kaldur, Dick, Megan, and Artemis were awesome. I hope to see the original six reunite.

Avatar image for abigail_the_magical_person
    Abigail_The_Magical_Person

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring Wally back!

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SuperJedi17

@nmiller1939 said:

So I thought today's episode was pretty good. The intrigue was really well done, good action sequences, Nightwing doing detective work, M'Gann managed to escape without blowing Kaldur or Artemis's cover...all around, fairly enjoyable. The show's really picking up pace heading into the conclusion, and it's making me more confident that they'll be able to resolve most of the plot threads.

Also, Nightwing just looking pissed at the end just looked super badass.

I'm just wondering why it took Nightwing so long to figure out that BB was lying.And that he was basically on mode,working for the reach,etc.He's learned detective work from batman,he should've figured the inconsistency in BB's story once he noticed the scratches in the floor,and the damaged airlock(or whatever it is). Just damn Nightwing DO SOMETHING! Sorry(end rant). Love.This.Show.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

This was a great episode "your a chump slade" best line in the episode. It's gay that its getting cancelled now we cant see more deathstroke.It is strange nightwing didn't know he was lying but it still had great action scenes and a great plot so I cant ccomplain but 4 episodes left.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Bestostero

am i the only one who suspects that Deathstroke figured it out at the end?

anyways I'm sure Nightwing will act soon, I'm just surprised why hasn't Arsenal popped out just yet.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mojo65

@Bestostero said:

am i the only one who suspects that Deathstroke figured it out at the end?

anyways I'm sure Nightwing will act soon, I'm just surprised why hasn't Arsenal popped out just yet.

Yeah I am thinking that at the least Deathstroke suspects something.

Anyway outside of Manta jobbing really hard (really he goes head to head with Aquaman, that furry of punches should have knocked Sportsmaster out) this was one of my favorites of the season, all the hero's were really badass and competent this week.

pokemonmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pokemonmon

i feel the same way everyone else does. the way this episode went makes me confident that the season/series will be wrapped up nicely and who knows, maybe we will see the original 6 make a comeback in the end. so now everyone knows that blue beetle is being controlled cant wait to see what happens next.

im also surprised that nightwing has been so dense and that black manta was taken down so easily. i definitely thought he would put up a better fight. oh well guess you have to weaken characters sometimes to move along the plot. looking forward to the ending. really wish that megann "kidnapped" artemis. then again if that happened aqualad would be all alone again. oh well lol

ill be looking forward to seeing how slade will react when he realizes whats up

nmiller1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nmiller1939

I don't really think Nightwing was being dense. It's not like he just took Blue's story at face value, he's a detective, bit more methodical in his thinking. He investigated and figured it out. Manta did come across as weak, though, and I'm wondering what happened to Arsenal.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Good episode, Fairly simplistic with plots solved.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I agree with the others, Deathstroke is on to something. First he caught Tigress (Artemis) "toying" with Cheshire. Then when she pulled out her knife to kill Cheshire, she took longer than it should of. Black Manta could of been a little stronger, especially when it comes to H2H.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Veshark

SPOILER-FILLED REVIEW!!!

Wow. I can't deny, I was impressed by this episode. After weeks of lackluster filler and questionable character introductions, Season 2 finally managed to pull off a fantastic episode. This one really addresses the problems that I had with this season: the lack of the plot moving forward, and the repercussions of Nightwing's deep cover strategy.

First off, it's cool seeing Nightwing actually DOING something for once. It might not exactly be exciting, but Dick using his detective skills is a welcome change to him just standing around and coordinating the others. I also liked how they didn't give him any dialogue in the final scene, just him staring at Blue Beetle's conference and snapping the Birdarang. Like he was so pissed he fell for the Reach's plan. Can't wait to see the fallout, and maybe Nightwing will get his hands dirty.

Secondly, we finally got an episode that really got the main plot moving. While earlier episodes relegated the main plot's events to a few minutes, the struggle for Aqualad and Artemis to remain cover while M'gann tried escaping really felt like the show's picking up steam again. It was intense, and the episode just jumped from twist to turn. The reveal that Kaldur was perfectly fine, M'gann invading everyone's minds to uncover the truth, the team fighting to maintain cover. Sportsmaster's epic fight with Manta was a highlight for me, with the entire corridor being damaged from the clash between those two. Then there's also the fun 'rematch' between Sportsmaster and Slade. "YOU'RE A CHUMP!"

Finally, this episode really brought back some of the best character interactions from Season 1. I absolutely love the sarcastic, heartless, relationship that Sportsmaster has with both of his daughters. The bit where he learns Artemis is secretly playing his former employers - and he's absolutely fine with it - is almost sweet because it's the closest he's shown to being 'proud' of his daughter. And the part where Artemis convinces her father that it's really her is also a great bit. Then there's Cheshire's sibling banter with Artemis, and of course the superb teamwork between the three from the original team.

But aside from all that good stuff, I do have some complaints. I love Manta, and he's supposed to be this vicious HTH fighter (see the Aquaman comics), but his portrayal here kinda sucked. Yeah, it was probably for plot purposes, and he's less 'unstable fanatic' and more 'mastermind thief' in this incarnation, so I guess I'll give a pass to his poor showing against M'gann and Sportmaster. If there was one weak point to the episode, it would probably be the questionable decision by M'gann to reveal the team's deep cover mission to Sportsmaster and Cheshire. Granted, those two are no longer affiliated with the Light, but I wouldn't want to give that sort of intel to villains who could quite possibly sell you out...

Still, overall, best episode in a long while. Can't wait to see how this season ends! Thanks for reading.

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crackdown

I admit, I was expecting Arsenal to show up and expose Blue Beetle.

Speaking of Roy Harper, I was also expecting to see Red Arrow with Cheshire's mom and his daughter

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By X9

@Crackdown said:

I admit, I was expecting Arsenal to show up and expose Blue Beetle.

Now I don't really remember if he managed to escape from BB or not...

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mojo65

@X9: As far as we saw, yeah he did.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By John Valentine

@r3d_rob1n said:

I hope the loss of the team forces Dick to pull Wally out of retirement. It would be cool if the final fight against the Reach came down to the original 5 members.

That's what I'm hoping will happen.

Second to that, we haven't seen Grayson in the midst of real action this season. Hopefully he'll kick some ass next ep.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By John Valentine

Also, did I hear Slade call the "Titans" over intercom?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved this episode. I hope Nightwing, Aqualad, M'gann, Artemis, Arsenal, Red Arrow, Wally and the Runaways rescue the team!

gridde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gridde

Very cool episode. It was a good showing from everyone except Manta, and even he gets the excuse of being distracted by his concern for Kaldur. Also I guess those fights were supposed to emphasise how strong Sportsmaster is (which makes it all the cooler when Deathstroke beats him later).

It was a little annoying how easily Megan dominates everyone once her collar is off, but that's always been the nature of the martian powers.

Really hope next week focuses on Nightwing and Arsenal.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Nightwing was pissed at the end!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is the Light will team up with the Young Justice and Justice League later on to fight the Reach so the undercover part won't really be important later on. Both the Light and Young Justice know Blue Beetle is a traitor so somebody like Miss Martian should be able to easily fix Blue Beetle later on. Jonn will probably beat up the Green Beetle and also fix the scarab of the green beetle.

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jasontodd7

@thespidey307:

He was concerned about Aqualad..his son. That's why he fought bad, he wanted to go faster to save he's son..

@colonyofcells said:

My guess is the Light will team up with the Young Justice and Justice League later on to fight the Reach so the undercover part won't really be important later on. Both the Light and Young Justice know Blue Beetle is a traitor so somebody like Miss Martian should be able to easily fix Blue Beetle later on. Jonn will probably beat up the Green Beetle and also fix the scarab of the green beetle

My money is on Dr Fate or Captain Marvel to beat up the beetles..

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By wessaari

@r3d_rob1n said:

i was thinking that exact same thing, but from some footage seen from the return of the haitus, it looks like Nightwing finds the team, but Wally, M'han, Artemis, and Kaldur might be apart of that as well, thats for hoping at least

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lilben42

I think Deathstroke will have a very big part in the season finale. This episode I think was one of the best.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Am I the only one that realized that, although the team was defeated by Blue Beetle and he probably taken them somewhere as hostage, Sphere was sucked into space? It probably isn't floating around and could fly to the Watchtower to communicate with them in some way. Give them a message of what happened. Yeah... I pay attention to the little things lol... especially to the underdogs. That was in the episode before this one.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By colonyofcells

It is probably the runaways who will rescue the Young Justice team as described in the future episode descriptions.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By evilvegeta74

How many episodes left?

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mojo65

@evilvegeta74: Four.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Mojo65: Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.