NO Red Hood in Young Justice SEASON 2.

Avatar image for jsaven
#1 Posted by JSAVen (128 posts) - - Show Bio
2623045-tumblr_mb64ywWWSZ1rpm2dwo1_500.png
Avatar image for x9
#2 Posted by X9 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised.

Avatar image for rixec
#3 Posted by Rixec (462 posts) - - Show Bio

No RED HOOD yes. But what about just JASON TODD?

Avatar image for britsera
#4 Posted by britsera (205 posts) - - Show Bio

So, season 3 then? :)

Avatar image for sandman_
#5 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 3 then.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

We clearly need to support this series so they can get a season 3.

Avatar image for ms__omega
#7 Posted by ms__omega (5011 posts) - - Show Bio

The showed his shrine in the cave so he kinda had a cameo.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (16436 posts) - - Show Bio

Good. We don't need the hood in Young Justice to be honest.

Online
Avatar image for x9
#9 Posted by X9 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Good. We don't need the hood in Young Justice to be honest.

Yeah, I see your point. There's already TOO much going on. They need to focus on the characters the show already has.

I still think Jason's run as Robin and death will be commented or shown at some point, though. Probably when Tim gets to talk with somebody about how it's like to replace Jason and so on. There's also a chance of seeing him in a flashback...

Avatar image for backflip
#10 Posted by Backflip (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Good. We don't need the hood in Young Justice to be honest.

We've already got the whole Arsenal Shindig, so at this moment, Red Hood would just feel like a rehashing of the story.

Avatar image for twentyfive
#11 Posted by Twentyfive (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

And frankly, I am not looking forward to seeing the YJ version of the Joker again. Too lame.

Avatar image for pacperson
#12 Posted by Pacperson (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

And frankly, I am not looking forward to seeing the YJ version of the Joker again. Too lame.

Yes....that is true, this series has been great but....Joker.....that was bad....almost stopped watching that episode ,

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#13 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12435 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they make a Season 3 and then season 4 also. This Show is too good

Avatar image for superbat420
#14 Posted by Superbat420 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

they shouldnt introduce redhood till the 3rd season after they bnuild up arsenal and introduce starfire, yj needs a team to go up against

Avatar image for imagine_man15
#15 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superbat420 said:

they shouldnt introduce redhood till the 3rd season after they bnuild up arsenal and introduce starfire, yj needs a team to go up against

Perhaps blend The Outlaws with some other characters into a YJ version of The Outsiders team for the main team to butt heads with in season 3. I'd love to see that.

Avatar image for skaddix
#16 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they can recruit Lagoon Boy. Being mad at your mentor ties Red Arrow and Jason Together.

Although a team of Roy, Jason, Starfire, Raven and Cyborg would be hilarious.

Avatar image for x9
#17 Posted by X9 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they'll come up with the Outlaws even if there was a third season. The fun of YJ is that it's a group which has never existed in the comics. They're not the TT, not the New 52 TT, not the JLA or JLI. It's a totally new thing that combined characters that I personally wouldn't think that could work so well together. Plus, all of them are part of different, fresh stories.

Why would I see sth that's already in the comics? Especially sth that would change the whole amazing dynamic of the show?

Last but not least: I don't see Raven fitting the show, neither Starfire. Cyborg? Maybe a cameon as a JLA member and that's all.

Avatar image for skaddix
#18 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why Starfire would not fit. Although its doubtful that she appears if not this season since this is a Cosmic Season.

As for Raven, need more of a magic season.

Avatar image for suprman
#19 Posted by Suprman (458 posts) - - Show Bio

While I admit it's disappointing, I'm not surprised. I like they storyline unfolding in this series so far in season 2 and introducing Jason could disrupt the story flow. I wouldn't mind having him in a flashback or something along those lines if it advances a character like TIm, but other than that, I don't think so.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
#20 Posted by cattlebattle (15282 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would anyone think he was going to show up?? There is already a billion things going on with a lot of characters....

Avatar image for teneyedmen
#21 Posted by TenEyedMen (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

Maybe they can recruit Lagoon Boy. Being mad at your mentor ties Red Arrow and Jason Together.

Although a team of Roy, Jason, Starfire, Raven and Cyborg would be hilarious.

Why Lagoon Boy? If anything, he's incredibly loyal to his mentor.

Avatar image for underachiever007
#22 Posted by Underachiever007 (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

Last but not least: I don't see Raven fitting the show, neither Starfire. Cyborg? Maybe a cameon as a JLA member and that's all.

I can see a Starfire or Raven episode being a sort of oneshot thing. You know, a bit of a cool down episode to take a break from all the story developments we've been getting recently. The former could maybe focus on Nightwing, and the latter on Beast Boy.

Avatar image for papad1992
#23 Posted by papad1992 (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the first season had 26 episodes... season 2 so far has had 8 episodes premiere with 4 announced to follow! So that's a total of 12 episodes so far in season 2... am I the only one that thinks the this season will ending soon and a little rapidly too!? I remember reading somewhere that said season 2 would only have 20 episodes instead of 26.... but that was months ago, don't know if it changed by now.

Avatar image for mrshway88
#24 Posted by MrShway88 (721 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

The fun of YJ is that it's a group which has never existed in the comics.

Wasn't there a Young Justice comic before? I'm sure there was one in the late 90's.

Avatar image for the_tree
#25 Posted by The_Tree (8608 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88 said:

@X9 said:

The fun of YJ is that it's a group which has never existed in the comics.

Wasn't there a Young Justice comic before? I'm sure there was one in the late 90's.

Yes. The show even takes some points from the comics. The main/overall story and who's used on the YJ team are the biggest differences from the comic series.

Avatar image for cattlebattle
#26 Posted by cattlebattle (15282 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@MrShway88 said:

@X9 said:

The fun of YJ is that it's a group which has never existed in the comics.

Wasn't there a Young Justice comic before? I'm sure there was one in the late 90's.

Yes. The show even takes some points from the comics. The main/overall story and who's used on the YJ team are the biggest differences from the comic series.

The Young Justice show is a kind of a Young Justice/Teen Titans mash up....so, while the exact team has never existed, different characters have been on similar teams in the comic
Avatar image for x9
#27 Posted by X9 (824 posts) - - Show Bio

@Underachiever007 said:

@X9 said:

Last but not least: I don't see Raven fitting the show, neither Starfire. Cyborg? Maybe a cameon as a JLA member and that's all.

I can see a Starfire or Raven episode being a sort of oneshot thing. You know, a bit of a cool down episode to take a break from all the story developments we've been getting recently. The former could maybe focus on Nightwing, and the latter on Beast Boy.

No, no they'd miss the story's point...

I think the series is better without them. IF (if) they show up...let it be in a third season...

Avatar image for sandman_
#28 Posted by SandMan_ (4581 posts) - - Show Bio

Just don't take more hiatuses please.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#29 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't mean he won't be in season 3

Avatar image for metron144
#30 Posted by Metron144 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

Do we have any reason to believe there won't be a season 3?

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#31 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metron144: nothing has been announced until it has been its still up in the air

Avatar image for vernierhawk001
#32 Posted by vernierhawk001 (563 posts) - - Show Bio

@X9 said:

@Underachiever007 said:

@X9 said:

Last but not least: I don't see Raven fitting the show, neither Starfire. Cyborg? Maybe a cameon as a JLA member and that's all.

I can see a Starfire or Raven episode being a sort of oneshot thing. You know, a bit of a cool down episode to take a break from all the story developments we've been getting recently. The former could maybe focus on Nightwing, and the latter on Beast Boy.

No, no they'd miss the story's point...

I think the series is better without them. IF (if) they show up...let it be in a third season...

I think there's a chance for Starfire....maybe not on the Team but even just showing up at the trial on Rimbor for some reason. If I was a writer, I would do that...have the "camera" pan out over the crowd and who do you see? The Tamarranean princess (and her sister?). I think the whole intergalactic flavor of this series gives her a good shot of making it.

Avatar image for misterketch
#33 Posted by MisterKetch (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

Why not?

That was a good spoiler tweet, specifically said no to season 2, but clearly has an interest in the character. Between Luthor's "Arsenal" comments to classic Roy this episode and Jason's hologram in the memorial hall we've got 2/3 of the outlaws. Starfire can easily still show up this season or even be introduced next season. Depending on how long the "light" plot lines are going to keep going for the Outlaws could easily be a splinter group team formed to do what the league and yj can't or won't do.

As for adding members to the team, i'd say Megan would be a good possibility if not to actually join I see them trying to recruit her. They've been building up a dark side to her when it comes to her powers while keeping her working for the greater good.

Avatar image for reclaimerm3gtr
#34 Posted by ReclaimerM3GTR (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Why would anyone think he was going to show up?? There is already a billion things going on with a lot of characters....

This and when Jason Todd appeared as the Red Hood he would have been in his early 20 I believe, Dick isn't even 20 yet

Avatar image for cattlebattle
#35 Posted by cattlebattle (15282 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterKetch said:

@cattlebattle:

Why not?

That was a good spoiler tweet, specifically said no to season 2, but clearly has an interest in the character. Between Luthor's "Arsenal" comments to classic Roy this episode and Jason's hologram in the memorial hall we've got 2/3 of the outlaws. Starfire can easily still show up this season or even be introduced next season. Depending on how long the "light" plot lines are going to keep going for the Outlaws could easily be a splinter group team formed to do what the league and yj can't or won't do.

As for adding members to the team, i'd say Megan would be a good possibility if not to actually join I see them trying to recruit her. They've been building up a dark side to her when it comes to her powers while keeping her working for the greater good.

There is only 20 episodes this season, and they are pretty much halfway through the season, If Jason does show up that would garner a whole episode to explain who he is, how he survived and his mad on for the team....I am just saying, I highly doubt they would have introduced him....and I was right.
Avatar image for misterketch
#36 Posted by MisterKetch (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I took your original comment to being anti-Jason, I agree with your point there is to much going on for them to introduce something like Jason/Red Hood properly

Avatar image for sethysquare
#37 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

Arsenel will secretly pair up with starfire and red hood.

Avatar image for misterketch
#38 Posted by MisterKetch (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Absolutely, because it has to happen... because its awesome

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
#39 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't mean they can't foreshadow some stuff.

Avatar image for ensabahnurx
#40 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly he wouldn't fit the plot, we already have speedy and red arrow, I saw season 3 you can either have him or have a cameo, till you have time to fit his plot in

Avatar image for jameskm716
#41 Posted by JamesKM716 (2018 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them having Jason Todd, but not Red Hood in Season 2. Maybe they end with his resurrection. Or appearance. And then Season 3 has the actual Red Hood

Avatar image for shotgun
#42 Posted by Shotgun (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 3 it is then.

Avatar image for htb106
#43 Posted by htb106 (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh well, hopefully there's a season 3 and we get to see him there.

Avatar image for bestostero
#44 Posted by Bestostero (5782 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not surprised, it just wouldn't be right without Batman's presence, hopefully there will be a season 3 and 4, and 5, 6, 7, etc and he'll be around lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.