Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Jason Todd?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Okay, so this is something I've been wondering about. With Tim Drake being Robin after the five year time skip, is it possible that Jason Todd was Robin during that time? After all, during five years a lot of things could happen and DID happen apparently. Anyway, I think it's entirely possible that Jason was Robin at some point, got killed by Joker, and hopefully would turn up as Red Hood at some point. I'd be happy if they just referenced him, or maybe show his costume in the Batcave. Maybe it's too much wishful thinking, but Jason is my FAVORITE member of the Bat Family. To further my point, here's an AWESOME tribute I did for him

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

It is suspected he was around due to Nightwings "just don't die" comment....it wouldn't be all that farfetched...

nice tribute

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

@cattlebattle said:

It is suspected he was around due to Nightwings "just don't die" comment....it wouldn't be all that farfetched... nice tribute

This sums up my thoughts.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

nightwing did reference him, in the first episode of the second season. before drake goes out on his mission dick kinda hints at the fate of jason todd and not to take unnecessary risks. he will probably make an appearance this season or the 3rd if they make it.

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@KainScion: You know I completely forgot about that.Odd I know since it basically screams Jason Todd.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By KainScion

@Smart_Dork_Dude: it would be sweet if they got dean from supernatural to voice him again.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle
    @KainScion said:

nightwing did reference him, in the first episode of the second season. before drake goes out on his mission dick kinda hints at the fate of jason todd and not to take unnecessary risks. he will probably make an appearance this season or the 3rd if they make it.

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

Well....he is not specifically mentioning Jason Todd, he could referencing Tula as we have clarification thats she is dead

Its just popular speculation that it was a nod to Jason Todd (rhyme)
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle: Still I hope he shows up. I would actually like to see more Bat family related episodes. Don't tell me it wouldn't be interesting to have the Team in Gotham and seeing the amount of insanity Tim and Bruce gotta deal with on a nightly basis.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vernierhawk001

@cattlebattle said:

@KainScion said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

Well....he is not specifically mentioning Jason Todd, he could referencing Tula as we have clarification thats he is dead Its just popular speculation that it was a nod to Jason Todd (rhyme)

Thanks...I was thinking the same thing but you beat me to the punch! Personally I'm thinking Todd might not make it into the series because, while he does have a large fan following, I think the character requires a lot of attention that would take away from the main story

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle: Still I hope he shows up. I would actually like to see more Bat family related episodes. Don't tell me it wouldn't be interesting to have the Team in Gotham and seeing the amount of insanity Tim and Bruce gotta deal with on a nightly basis.

I am in all honesty expecting a Nightwing centric episode when the show returns.. showing flashbacks of his formative time when he becomes Nightwing....since Batman is gone, It would hopefully focus on the Bat team defending Gotham in his stead
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@vernierhawk001: They could sneak him in, like slowly build him up. Maybe even have him be part of the Light, but have him secretly planning to kill them all once he's fully on the inside. Sounds like something he'd do.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@cattlebattle said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

I am in all honesty expecting a Nightwing centric episode when the show returns.. showing flashbacks of his formative time when he becomes Nightwing....since Batman is gone, It would hopefully focus on the Bat team defending Gotham in his stead

Yeah that would be cool too. I just like it when other heroes come to Gotham and just look so unnerved by it's villains. I mean, Batman has to deal with them pretty much ever other night, depending on who's out of Arkham. I think they should have a flash back episode with Dick, but have it show Jason if he's gonna be in the show at all. Like have it deal with Joker escaping from Arkham, and since Dick, Tim, and whoever else from the Team is there they try to capture him. Then Tim gets taken hostage by Joker, and dragged off somewhere which triggers Dick to think back to when Jason was in the same situation.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

Yeah that would be cool too. I just like it when other heroes come to Gotham and just look so unnerved by it's villains. I mean, Batman has to deal with them pretty much ever other night, depending on who's out of Arkham. I think they should have a flash back episode with Dick, but have it show Jason if he's gonna be in the show at all. Like have it deal with Joker escaping from Arkham, and since Dick, Tim, and whoever else from the Team is there they try to capture him. Then Tim gets taken hostage by Joker, and dragged off somewhere which triggers Dick to think back to when Jason was in the same situation.

Like the way you guys think

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By X9

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@cattlebattle said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

... I don't think Gotham will have such focus. Neither the Nightwing-Joker-Tim-Jason thing.

However, I do want to see more Bat Family centric episodes. Especially with Tim, as he's pretty blank so far.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Bestostero

I don't know, I just don't see it happening if Bruce isn't involved and he can't be considering he's in deep space. I feel his story is so focused with Bruce that if Bruce is not present, it just wouldn't be meaningful and feel a little pointless. They could rework it and make it more about the dynamic with Dick and Jason, but meh.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CrimsonCake

If he did become robin,then I think Tim Drake is relatively new to the team..Dick was 13,at what age could he have become Nightwing?15 maybe?

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By clemj

nice tribute

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vernierhawk001

@Bestostero said:

I don't know, I just don't see it happening if Bruce isn't involved and he can't be considering he's in deep space. I feel his story is so focused with Bruce that if Bruce is not present, it just wouldn't be meaningful and feel a little pointless. They could rework it and make it more about the dynamic with Dick and Jason, but meh.

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Bestostero said:

I don't mean have him as Red Hood right now. The League is bound to be back by season 3, they can't stay gone forever. What I'm talking about is an episode focusing on Jason, should he have been Robin in the show's universe and hopefully he was, in the way of a flashback episode from Dick's perspective I think five years is a good time frame to have Jason be Robin. Dick becomes Nightwing when he's 15, Jason is trained for a year then becomes Robin, dies in his first year, wait one year, Tim becomes Robin. Not perfect, but I think it might work.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AweSam

@cattlebattle said:

It is suspected he was around due to Nightwings "just don't die" comment....it wouldn't be all that farfetched... nice tribute

Ghh. I missed that.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By papad1992

Maybe he's already in the series... maybe he's the dark figured shadow guy we keep seeing (actually only twice) but that wouldn't explain the Blue Beetle sonic beam type thing he shot from his wrist during that one episode!

HereBeMonsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HereBeMonsters

: good point! Stolen bat-tech maybe? Or just some Professor Ivo goods.

I hope it is him. I want Jason, voiced by Jensen Ackles, to appear by Season 3!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By papad1992

@HereBeMonsters said:

Hey anything is possible in this series!!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By danhimself

the whole "don't die" thing could be just a huge misunderstanding though....just because he said that doesn't automatically mean that Jason Todd was around

ckenn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ckenn99

Just saying a lot of people believed it was not possible that he could be fit in to the 5 year time skip because there wouldn't be enough time for 3 Robins. But in the comics, Batman has gone through at least 4 Robins in that time span.

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Replicant0658

@cattlebattle said:

It is suspected he was around due to Nightwings "just don't die" comment....it wouldn't be all that farfetched...

My thoughts exactly.

@KainScion said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: it would be sweet if they got dean from supernatural to voice him again.

AGREED!!! I friggin' LOVED the voice cast for Under the Red Hood!!!

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By britsera

@HereBeMonsters said:

-pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease-

He did such a good job in that movie (pwned even more because I watch spn). YJ isn't scared to get serious either - that whole counselling episodes after the telepathic training exercise was very mature and thought out - so maybe they could do a decent Red Hood.

-pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease- We finally have a series with Batman, Nightwing, Batigrl and Robin II(I) with advanced continuity (TAS was mostly episodic). This is the best chance to bring Red Hood in and deal with it properly...

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

And I think my theory that Jason was Robin before Tim in the show is verified thanks to this

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2614315-345_868_still_c2.jpg

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Bestostero

@Smart_Dork_Dude: i thought about this thread when i saw that picture and i pretty much made the same comment i made in this thread that i did in the other lol

now that we know he was in action, question is if his story will be expanded upon, the show does an amazing job of having cameos, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll have a story or role in the series for every cameo.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By PlasticBag

It'd be nice if he made an appearance in the upcoming season return. I can see Todd causing havoc for the whole Bat-Family where ending in an epic battle between Dick and Jason.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By X9

...Hum...he'll probably just show up in a flashback or something...if (if) we get to see Red Hood, it's going to be a light version of him, probably one episode stand.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

i want to see in future seasons red hood approach red arrow with starfire

serfdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By serfdom

look zat the pics of the next episode loos like their is a memorial to a robin

HereBeMonsters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HereBeMonsters

If that is Jason Todd, then I will love Young Justice forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.