Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 268 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

How true to the comics are these characters?

sockman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just started reading DC comics rather recently. And I've mostly only read New 52 comics so far. But after having watched the Young Justice tv series, it left me wondering how true to their comic book counterparts the show's characters are.

Take Impulse for example. I really loved his personality in the show. Is he anything like that in comics? How about Wonder Girl? Or Superboy? Or Miss Martian?

The reason I began wondering this is because I've read some of Red Hood and the Outlaws and was shocked at how different Arsenal is from either of the Roys presented in Young Justice. I'm not sure which depiction of Roy Harper is the original version presented but I must say that I prefer Young Justice's version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7
    deactivated-5d22cbdd103e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The show is a tad less mature but I'd say the characters are left relatively in tact.

MESBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started reading DC comics rather recently. And I've mostly only read New 52 comics so far. But after having watched the Young Justice tv series, it left me wondering how true to their comic book counterparts the show's characters are.

Take Impulse for example. I really loved his personality in the show. Is he anything like that in comics? How about Wonder Girl? Or Superboy? Or Miss Martian?

The reason I began wondering this is because I've read some of Red Hood and the Outlaws and was shocked at how different Arsenal is from either of the Roys presented in Young Justice. I'm not sure which depiction of Roy Harper is the original version presented but I must say that I prefer Young Justice's version.

In the comics impulse is Wally West's Daughter, Iris 'Irey' West.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@mesbd: But she took the name from Bart, who were the first Impulse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.