Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Does Batman know about Nightwings Plan

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheMatch328

Does Batman know of Nightwings operation with Aqualad because Nightwing's plan has destroyed Mount Justice, kid those kids The Reach captured because Aqualad aloud that to happen, and turned Aqualad to a veggie. I think this will be huge next season and we will probably see the three possibilities

1. The team splintering from the Justice League forming their own organization like the comics Teen Titans

2. The team being disbanded

3. The Justice League putting more supervision over the Team and causing friction between members on the Team and the Justice League and the Team

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Black_Claw

Of course. Batman knows everything.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMatch328

But did Nightwing tell him

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Most likely......he's Batman

and none of those possibilities will occur next season seeing as there will be another timeskip and not much will carry over. There is also no point of having the Teen Titans in this series seeing as the Team is this realities version of the Teen Titans

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: but did Nightwing tell Batman of this plan you are all being Batman fanboys saying Batman knows everything i should rephrase it did Nightwing inform Batman of his plan

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasontodd7

TheMatch328 propably no, i'm not sure that this even was nightwing's plan in the first place. Aqualad was the leader and he could came up with this..

Batman could've guessed what was going on, cause he saw aqualad grow up and he would reconigze a bluff from a mile away.. He does it all the time.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMatch328

@jasontodd7: What I am trying to get at here is that this plan Nightwing and Aqualad have been executing has caused so many problems that I can see it effecting next season like how things from the first season are effecting this season

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think Batman knows but I don't think Nightwing told him.

I think the team will split away from the Justice League. Very few of the current team are actual sidekicks to Justice League members anymore, they tend to follow Nightwing more.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMatch328

For all of you who believe Batman is God and is all knowing I do not think he knows only because he probably does not care about Aqualad switching and it seems pretty realistic I bet you all believed that Aqualad had really become bad until the episode 33 "Depth".

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

@TheMatch328 said:

For all of you who believe Batman is God and is all knowing I do not think he knows only because he probably does not care about Aqualad switching and it seems pretty realistic I bet you all believed that Aqualad had really become bad until the episode 33 "Depth".

Just because we think Batman knows Nightwings plan we believe Batman is a god?? Batman is aware of most things most of the time...he was the only one on the League that knew Captain Marvels identity, so, it wouldn't be to far fetched that he is aware of this operation.

@PrinceIMC said:

I think the team will split away from the Justice League. Very few of the current team are actual sidekicks to Justice League members anymore, they tend to follow Nightwing more.

The only members that don't have a mentor are Blue Beetle and Beast Boy, though, the teams ranks will be bolstered by Arsenal and Mal as Guardian, although it is unknown if either will be permanent members

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: well Batman knew Captain Marvels identity because it concerned him and the League and he probably did not care about why Aqualad went bad is because it seemed pretty straight forward the way Aquagirl died and he found out that his father was BlackManta so Batman probably did not care he can no know everything it takes time to investigate he is a human being he does not have some power to know all things

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceIMC

@cattlebattle said:

@PrinceIMC said:

The only members that don't have a mentor are Blue Beetle and Beast Boy, though, the teams ranks will be bolstered by Arsenal and Mal as Guardian, although it is unknown if either will be permanent members

Dick is Nightwing now, I don't think he is really Batman's protege anymore. Wonder Woman, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Batman are all off planet which leaves Wonder Girl, Superboy, Miss Martian, Robin and Batgirl all without their mentors right now anyway. From the way Dick trains Barbara and Tim I get the feeling he has more contact with them then Batman does. Superman has never really been Superboy's mentor though he does at least think of him as a little brother now sort of. Artemis' connection to Green Arrow was always kind of dubious and both her and Kid Flash have retired so aren't really sidekicks or proteges anymore either. So if they find their way back to the team I don't think they'll be relying on Green Arrow or Flash at all. Plus Bumblebee is Ray Palmer's lab assistant but I don't think she's really the Atom's protege.

I guess my point is that yes they all still have connections to members of the Justice League I feel like that because they've become effective as a team they don't rely on their older counterparts for guidance or assistance anymore so I see them distancing themselves from the League.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

@TheMatch328 said:

@cattlebattle: well Batman knew Captain Marvels identity because it concerned him and the League and he probably did not care about why Aqualad went bad is because it seemed pretty straight forward the way Aquagirl died and he found out that his father was BlackManta so Batman probably did not care he can no know everything it takes time to investigate he is a human being he does not have some power to know all things

IDK...Nightwing admits that he never wanted to be like Batman and the whole plan is loaded with dissension. Just seems like more of a Batman thing to do, I could see Nightwing confiding in Batman as they don't seem to have the same strained relationship they had in the comics.

@PrinceIMC said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Dick is Nightwing now, I don't think he is really Batman's protege anymore. Wonder Woman, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Batman are all off planet which leaves Wonder Girl, Superboy, Miss Martian, Robin and Batgirl all without their mentors right now anyway. From the way Dick trains Barbara and Tim I get the feeling he has more contact with them then Batman does. Superman has never really been Superboy's mentor though he does at least think of him as a little brother now sort of. Artemis' connection to Green Arrow was always kind of dubious and both her and Kid Flash have retired so aren't really sidekicks or proteges anymore either. So if they find their way back to the team I don't think they'll be relying on Green Arrow or Flash at all. Plus Bumblebee is Ray Palmer's lab assistant but I don't think she's really the Atom's protege.

I guess my point is that yes they all still have connections to members of the Justice League I feel like that because they've become effective as a team they don't rely on their older counterparts for guidance or assistance anymore so I see them distancing themselves from the League.

True on all counts, I guess the team just seems like more of a proving ground to me than anything else. I mean Captain Atom still has authority over Nightwing as he obviously has to report to him and the Team shares the same goal as the League. The team now has to try to defend earth with the absence as the main leaguers are gone off world. I don't think they will become distanced anymore than they already are. Perhaps Nightwing will be kicked off though

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC

@cattlebattle said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@cattlebattle said:

@PrinceIMC said:

True on all counts, I guess the team just seems like more of a proving ground to me than anything else. I mean Captain Atom still has authority over Nightwing as he obviously has to report to him and the Team shares the same goal as the League. The team now has to try to defend earth with the absence as the main leaguers are gone off world. I don't think they will become distanced anymore than they already are. Perhaps Nightwing will be kicked off though

Now that would be an interesting idea, who leads with the team without Nightwing or Aqualad? Artemis and Kid Flash are "retired", Miss Martian and Superboy are still kinda unstable. Or if Nightwing gets kicked off the team who would go along with him?

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: This has become an actual great discussion so I want to thank you for participating

1. This is why I mentioned the how their have been so many mistakes in this operation because I think if Batman had any part of it it would not have gotten so messed up

and

2. I think if Nightwing would not be taken off the show because he's to strong of a character and if he leaves the group at all since he's such a strong leader they would leave with him

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle

@TheMatch328 said:

@cattlebattle: This has become an actual great discussion so I want to thank you for participating

1. This is why I mentioned the how their have been so many mistakes in this operation because I think if Batman had any part of it it would not have gotten so messed up

and

2. I think if Nightwing would not be taken off the show because he's to strong of a character and if he leaves the group at all since he's such a strong leader they would leave with him

The only real mistake in the plan was Kaldur getting mind fried by Miss Martian, which is actually Superboys fault for not telling anyone.....although in one episode Miss Martian does it blatantly right in front of Batman....so I guess I am confused on this fact. Everything else that happened wasn't all that much of a disaster, they lost the cave but Kaldur got into the Light, Beetle and Beast Boy got kidnapped and the Team found out a ton of information about the Reach.

@PrinceIMC said:

Now that would be an interesting idea, who leads with the team without Nightwing or Aqualad? Artemis and Kid Flash are "retired", Miss Martian and Superboy are still kinda unstable. Or if Nightwing gets kicked off the team who would go along with him?

I would give it to Mal. He has had duty as dispatcher and in the last episode he is very much willing to make sacrifices for the good of the team.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

@cattlebattle said:

@PrinceIMC said:

I would give it to Mal. He has had duty as dispatcher and in the last episode he is very much willing to make sacrifices for the good of the team.

True. But if Nightwing is kicked off the team's leadership I can kind of imagine the original members going off with him which could be a good way to bring the team back to basics....and work with Red Arrow....I'd love that.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: Kids were killed during the reach experiment and I think if Batman had any operation I think it would have been executed better but thats why the REach sent them off world

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cattlebattle

@TheMatch328 said:

@cattlebattle: Kids were killed during the reach experiment and I think if Batman had any operation I think it would have been executed better but thats why the REach sent them off world

The Light sent the League to wreak havoc on Rimbor so the galaxy would know about Earth...and it would be brought into conflict with the rest of the galaxy, Vandal Savage alluded to this in Auld Aquaintance. The fact that the Reach is operating against a crippled League is just an added bonus.

I am not too sure that Batman knew anything about The Reach or their experiments

@PrinceIMC said:

True. But if Nightwing is kicked off the team's leadership I can kind of imagine the original members going off with him which could be a good way to bring the team back to basics....and work with Red Arrow....I'd love that.

Yeah, fan speculation often leads to Nightwing splitting off with some others to form the Teen Titans with characters like Cyborg.......and, you know, the usual characters. I don't think that will happen though, for one reason, the Team shares a very similar chronological history with the Teen Titans in the comics, so basically they are the Teen Titans of this reality. Another reason is that there is only about 8 episode left in this season and they have to start resolving plot lines. The creators have stated that if a season 3 occurs it will be another time skip and characters like Nightwing will be in his twenties...I doubt he would want to lead another group of teenagers

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheMatch328

@cattlebattle: Thats what I'm saying Batman still does not know and I thought the Reach were part of the Light last season

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cattlebattle

@TheMatch328 said:

@cattlebattle: Thats what I'm saying Batman still does not know and I thought the Reach were part of the Light last season

Batman doesn't know about any of the Reach business....as far as we know....

the Light knew aliens were going to invade...the show hasn't really been that forthcoming on this end. We know that The Light and The Reach apparently had the Kroloteans framed, although it seems they will all end up double crossing each other because Apokilips also figures into it as The light has been using 4th world technology and Black Beetle refers to Manheim as "the enemy".......lol, this show is extremely convoluted for a Saturday morning cartoon

Avatar image for deactivated-628cff5dcb17b
    deactivated-628cff5dcb17b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I do not think that Batman does know in great detail about the Nightwing's plan, but he probably knows that there is something going on. I think if he wanted to know, he would just ask Nightwing, I mean who could "deny" Batman? Should Batman be concerned? Eh, sure, but I think he has enough trust in Dick to understand the secrecy.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Twentyfive

I hope not. The fact that he does what he does, that he is able to keep up with even the most powerful beings in DC, because he is Batman is cliched to hell.

It annoys me to no end. Why won't they let someone 1-up him? Given all the training Bats has given Dick when he was Robin, he should know hot to keep a secret even from Batman by now.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
    beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Twentyfive said:

I hope not. The fact that he does what he does, that he is able to keep up with even the most powerful beings in DC, because he is Batman is cliched to hell.

It annoys me to no end. Why won't they let someone 1-up him? Given all the training Bats has given Dick when he was Robin, he should know hot to keep a secret even from Batman by now.

That's the thing, as paranoid as Batman is he probably follows the philosophy of "teach them everything they know, but not everything you know". I'm sure Batman probably has many things that Dick doesn't know about whether it be skills, tech, etc. Contingency plans is literally Bruce's mantra.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By serpent222

I really doubt that Batman knows, for the following reasons:

1. It seems to be legitimately the case that Batman leaves it to the Team to handle their own problems. Considering that Nightwing is now in control, I imagine that has only been even more the case. Batman has no motivation or interest in paying attention to the team with everything else going on.

2. Batman is the obsessive type. A long time passed where they had no idea what happened during the 16 hours, and I'm sure Batman didn't just drop that. It was probably driving him mad trying to find leads down that road. With that and all the other signs and tech, he may well have suspected alien involvement, but didn't have a break in the case. Any way you look at it, though, he was probably much more focused elsewhere.

3. Nightwing is just like Batman. It's a reality he struggles to face in most continuities, but it really is true. And what comes along with that? Deception and misdirection. Essentially, Nightwing and Aqualad's big plan is a giant batman gambit on multiple levels. Nightwing is enough like Batman to be able to keep his distance and keep people off his trail. I'm sure that he has gone out of his way to keep Batman out of the loop.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Suprman

I think Batman in some way knows about the plan. One theory I have is that Batman figured out the plan, confronted Nightwing about it and Nightwing convinced him that the plan could work, and while the plan was definitely risky, there were no other ways to figure out who the light's partner was. It will be interesting to see how the consequences of this plan play out in upcoming episodes because based on the end of Saturday's episode, Meg'ann's gonna spill everything.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twentyfive

@beautifulrevery: The fact that Bruce is a paranoid man is something Dick should have picked up by now. And knowing Bats' nature, Dick must know that Batman might be on to him, and found a way to keep secrets even from Batman.

I hope something like that is the case instead of "I'm Batman. Nobody keeps secrets from me."

That is boundlessly annoying as fudge!

jasontodd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jasontodd7

One thing we all can agree on is that batman would be, probably, the only one who would say "good work" instead of feeling angry about it.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By JamesKM716

It wouldn't surprise me.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328 said:

Does Batman know of Nightwings operation with Aqualad because Nightwing's plan has destroyed Mount Justice, kid those kids The Reach captured because Aqualad aloud that to happen, and turned Aqualad to a veggie. I think this will be huge next season and we will probably see the three possibilities

1. The team splintering from the Justice League forming their own organization like the comics Teen Titans

2. The team being disbanded

3. The Justice League putting more supervision over the Team and causing friction between members on the Team and the Justice League and the Team

None of these are realistic

1. The Team have for a while been their own org. They've disobeyed the JL bunch of times.

2. The Team will never be disbanded because then there would be no series.

3. JL already has lots of supervision on the Team, just through Batman alone.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheMatch328

@Jnr6Lil: you just contradicted yourself saying the JL team has alot of supervision over them and but the team is still on their own?

The Team is a covert op group for the Justice League they get all their missions from the League the only time they were not doing what the League told them was when Robin(Dick Grayson) was trying to help out Haleys Circus. The Team is apart of the Justice League

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328: No. Yes the JL may watch over the Team, but the whole point of the series is the Team proving themselves as not sidekicks but their own independent entities which is breaking out and doing their own thing. They may do League missions but they handle things their own way, and sometimes don't follow the League's orders.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheMatch328

@Jnr6Lil: They are section of the Justice League they get their missions, no one in the world knows what they really do what I am saying is they go more public and make them selves knows and they are still sidekicks they have not done what Red Arrow did and made himself public they work in the shadows doing Justice League missions they made do the mission their own way but let me explain this to you simpler "THEY ARE A PART OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE" they might not be full members but they work for the Justice League

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328: Whatever, won't waste my time in repeating myself

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheMatch328

@Jnr6Lil: In almost 95% of the episodes they are doing a mission for who?.......................... THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheMatch328

@Jnr6Lil: but please do repeat yourself cause obviously we are watching two different shows

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328: Again you still don't get it.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheMatch328

Well when your constantly contradicting yourself its pretty hard to follow and by that i mean you say they are their own organization yet the Justice League still watches over them

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328 said:

Well when your constantly contradicting yourself its pretty hard to follow and by that i mean you say they are their own organization yet the Justice League still watches over them

Watching over someone doesn't mean they aren't their own group.

The President watches over the U.S. That doesn't mean we aren't our own people.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheMatch328

OMG we are talking about The Team not individual

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By John Valentine

No, I don't think Batman knows.

Dick stated that only himself, Wally, Artemis and Aqualad knew about the plan in Season 2 Episode 4.

Since then, M'Gann has found out by reading Aqualad's mind.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheMatch328

@John Valentine: Superboy probably knows now after he visited her at her apartment cause what else would they be doing except talking about superhero stuff

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John Valentine

@TheMatch328 said:

@John Valentine: Superboy probably knows now after he visited her at her apartment cause what else would they be doing except talking about superhero stuff

I doubt it. She seemed too traumatized to talk about it and Superboy would have reacted. A lot.

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheMatch328

@John Valentine: I was making a sex joke...... but she will probably reveal it to him soon

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By RedOwl_1

@TheMatch328:

I think he knows but Nightwing never told him (hey did Billy Batson told him he was Captain Marvel? No, still he knew) for f*cks shake he IS Batman

TheMatch328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheMatch328

@RedOwl_1: dont get me wrong I think Batman is an awesome hero but I love how you Batman worshipers treat Batman as that he knows everything. The reason why he knew about Billy Batson was because it was his business to know. He is a detective by nature he would need a reason a good reason to investigate Nightwings action because he has better things to do than follow around his old Sidekick.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheMatch328 said:

@RedOwl_1: dont get me wrong I think Batman is an awesome hero but I love how you Batman worshipers treat Batman as that he knows everything. The reason why he knew about Billy Batson was because it was his business to know. He is a detective by nature he would need a reason a good reason to investigate Nightwings action because he has better things to do than follow around his old Sidekick.

True. Batman knows everything but only what he investigates.

redhoodnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By redhoodnet

I think he was behind Tim starting the Teen Titans in the New52.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By The Lobster

I don't think Batman knows. 

People seem to think this version of Batman knows all and sees all, well if that's the case how come he didn't figure out Red Arrow was the mole in season 1 and how come he didn't know Vandel Savage was developing Starro Tech to take control of the league.

Kreature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By Kreature

According to the latest episode, Kaldur and artemis are working for the team AND the league, so if the league knows, Batman knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.