Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

Designs Revealed for New Characters on Young Justice series

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Knight Train

Someone at Comic-Con was given trading cards for the new season of Young Justice, and on them were designs of characters that supposedly will be featured.

So far i think the YJ series is just okay, but with the inclusion of one of my favorite characters, Rocket, in the next season means that i just can't wait.
    I was hoping that they were going to bring in Static but bringing in Rocket makes much more sense and i am more than pleased.
    I wish these images were better quality but oh well.
    I think they all look great design wise, and the Joker's depiction is a welcomed change from previous animated appearances.   

What do you guys think about Young Justice, the inclusion of these characters and the designs of them?

Here is the source - http://velcrochick.tumblr.com/post/8029695304/today-i-got-a-deck-of-young-justice-playing-cards 
                                         http://velcrochick.tumblr.com/post/8032261016/okay-here-are-the-rest-of-the-new-young-justice  

EDIT: I see someone has already posted these images, although i would love to spark discussion on the redesign of certain characters and the inclusion of Milestone alumni Rocket

Hugo Strange, Monsieur Mallah, Brain, Zatanna, Rocket, and Wolf.

Ocean-Master, Vandal Savage, Count Vertigo, Queen Bee, and the Joker
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By Dracade102

Looks pretty promising, even if Joker's character design looks a little iffy....

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Knight Train
    @Dracade102: Oh really, i think his design is pretty fly. Reminds me of like an anime design or something
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By Dracade102
    @Knight Train: I could never get myself into anime or it's style... But I think I'll see this Joker in action before I make my final say on his design.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

Joker looks weird 

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Knight Train

Oh i hope so much that with the inclusion of Rocket, that both she becomes a regular member and her mentor is Icon. That would make my year

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Knight Train
    @Dracade102: I can understand that. I'm just always happy when somebody takes chances and makes changes, it deserves respect i think. But I wonder who they'll get to voice him. Mark Hamill would be the obvious choice, but i see them going in another direction with it. Also I doubt the characters appearance would be more than a one or two episode arc.
    Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Blurred View

They all look pretty cool to me, though the images a little dark to tell much. I'm surprised to see Rocket instead of the more obvious choice, Static. I wonder what they are going to do with her in the show. I can't imagine you could use Rocket without Icon. 

The show has been pretty great so far. It's easily my favorite since JLU. Hell, I wish DC's comic reboot was a lot more like it.

Nic_tarik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Nic_tarik

I'm not familiar with the Milestone characters... I love knowing the Identity of "The Light"

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9  Edited By The Lobster

Well now I know who all the member of The Light are. 

I can't wait for the Joker episode...well...once they start releasing more episodes.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Lobster
    @Knight Train: The Best bet is John Dimaggio, since he played Joker in Under The Red Hood with Bruce Greenwood as Batman. Since Bruce Greenwood is Batman in this series, than John Dimaggio will probably be Joker as well.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

I don't think I know who Rocket and Wolf are.
    Is it just me or does Zatanna look like she is as young as YJ

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!
    @The Lobster : He's the only bet since Mark Hamil retired from doing the voice.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

Just looked Rocket up. Ya I know her. The new costume threw me off.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Lobster
    @I'maDC/ImageGuy!: He's not retired, he's just going to be more picky about his appearance as the Joker. He said he'd return if they did an animated adaption of The Killing Joke. So I don't think he's retired. But I honestly do think it's time to move on and find someone new. Let him and Kevin Conroy do some other roles for a bit. 

@Dernman: Well her father is still alive in this series, he appeared in the first two episodes. So maybe Zatanna becomes part of the Young Jutsice team. That would be pretty cool.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dernman

Rockets new costume is better then the last one IMO.

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Knight Train
    @The Lobster : If i recall Zatanna appeared in one of the first YJ episodes as an adult and a member of the League.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Strange is really... skinny

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Knight Train said:
    Someone at Comic-Con was given trading cards for the new season of Young Justice, and on them were designs of characters that supposedly will be featured.

So far i think the YJ series is just okay, but with the inclusion of one of my favorite characters, Rocket, in the next season means that i just can't wait.
    I was hoping that they were going to bring in Static but bringing in Rocket makes much more sense and i am more than pleased.
    I wish these images were better quality but oh well.
    I think they all look great design wise, and the Joker's depiction is a welcomed change from previous animated appearances.   

What do you guys think about Young Justice, the inclusion of these characters and the designs of them?

Here is the source - http://velcrochick.tumblr.com/post/8029695304/today-i-got-a-deck-of-young-justice-playing-cards 
                                         http://velcrochick.tumblr.com/post/8032261016/okay-here-are-the-rest-of-the-new-young-justice  

EDIT: I see someone has already posted these images, although i would love to spark discussion on the redesign of certain characters and the inclusion of Milestone alumni Rocket

I already posted this a month ago

doesn't anyone use the search engine
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The Lobster
    @Knight Train said:
    @The Lobster : If i recall Zatanna appeared in one of the first YJ episodes as an adult and a member of the League.
    Which episode cause I've watched them all, and the only person who appears is Zatanna's father Zatara.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#20  Edited By papad1992

Hopefully Zatanna and rocket become the newest members of the team... Since Zatara is apart of the JLA maybe Zatanna is really young in the series, making Zatara Zatanna's mentor.... Rocket without Icon?... So who would be her mentor!?! And who/what is Wolf!?!?!?
    Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Knight Train
    @The Lobster : could've sworn i saw her in the backround at one point, probably wrong though. I'm not sure i want her joining the YJ, i'd rather just have Static and Rocket ;)
    TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheJokerha

Joker makes me think of a young David Bowie playing the role. Which is different but could be bad ass.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jnr6Lil

They look a little weird

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Sinestro2828

Honestly, the new Joker is alot less impressive in design than the Bruce Tim version of him, and his voice and mannerisms seem kinda forced rather than natural (not as good or as appropriate as his voices in the Bruce Tim animates series era, Batman: Under the Redhood, or even Batman: The Brave & the Bold). The only things I really liked about the new Joker was his use of knives and the gloves he used to control Ivy's killer plants.

I was also bummed by how the Injustice League turned out to be just a cover/frontmen for The Light instead of being the real masterminds...I mean, how can Joker NOT be part of the Inner Circle when they have another fan favorite like Lex Luthor on the team and even second rate villains like The Brain & Ocean Master in the fold? I was kinda hoping that each member of the Light's inner circle would be the arch enemies of the Justice League's leaders, instead they're basically just a collection of schemers (not likely to face the League in an epic showdown in the end or anything, it makes sense for them to operate under the radar for now, but it seems apparent they'd be screwed without other, tougher villains to fight for them). Ghul was a cool addition, though I still think Joker would have been better (The Injustice League's lineup is overall a much more well balanced team of villains).

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Because Joker is more of a lonar, Most of the time when he's with a team he's usually just a hired gun.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By crazed_h3ro

I can't wait to see more of Rocket in season 2, they only showed her a few times but she does become a member of YJ, and seems like both her and Aqualad are going to have a "thing".

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By herrweis

these charecters have all already been featured in the show.none are new

Knight Train

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Knight Train

@herrweis: Yeah, but none of these had featured in August last year... when this was posted.

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By JSAVen

Hate this Teen Zatanna,

gimme Older Zatanna any day

Queen B, is so hot, finally some big bazoongas in YJ

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By X9

: Hate this Teen Zatanna.

Agreed, she creeps me out. I see her and I can't stop thinking "Weren't you supposed to be 10 years older than the rest of the team? I mean, you used to flirt with Batman AND Barry Allen" :P

About the Queen B thing... she's not real, man. Just a cartoon. (hehe)

Plus, the rest of the main female characters are arround 15, so the sizes fit...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.