Follow

Young Justice

Team » Young Justice appears in 269 issues.

Young Justice started as another legacy team consisting of a generation of sidekicks younger than the original Teen Titans lineup. Like the Teen Titans, they would eventually increase membership beyond sidekicks and make a name for themselves beyond their mentors.

About the Megan hate

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio15

This was her first and best earth friend for one year. Artemis made her feel accepted as a normal person without discrimination. She thought that aqualad took that away from her. That's why she did that. If anything, I'm surprised that you guys aren't mad at Dick for shrouding it in all that secrecy. Because as smart as he is, he should have known that something like this could have happened. Especially with Megan who is the only one who has telepathy. Just put yourself in her shoes. She thought that aqualad took something important for her. If anything, she could have killed him if she wanted.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

Ms. Martian was lobotomizing guys long before Artemis died so that point doesn't really work

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
    beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Pfcoolio15 said:

This was her first and best earth friend for one year. Artemis made her feel accepted as a normal person without discrimination. She thought that aqualad took that away from her. That's why she did that. If anything, I'm surprised that you guys aren't mad at Dick for shrouding it in all that secrecy. Because as smart as he is, he should have known that something like this could have happened. Especially with Megan who is the only one who has telepathy. Just put yourself in her shoes. She thought that aqualad took something important for her. If anything, she could have killed him if she wanted.

Let's not count the lobotomized chroloteans and villains before she fried aqualad. She was leagues out of control before then and now she's so ridiculously broken because she made a mistake that she has passed the border of useless and has literally become the dictionary definition of inept. She completely screwed up during the fight with Despero and almost got her teammates killed because she couldn't bring herself to event attempt to do what needed to be done. That's completely ignoring the fact that MAL WHO IS HUMAN AND HAD NO POWERS took on Despero himself despite witnessing Superboy and Captain Marvel get thrown around like ragdolls. Yes the hate is warranted and I feel some of it carries over from her annoying "Hello Meghan!" catchphrase from season 1.

EDIT: Post number 666 \m/

Pfcoolio15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pfcoolio15

@beautifulrevery: I stand corrected

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I like Megan, always have. I like that one of the overpowered characters has a crisis of conscience.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mojo65

@beautifulrevery: She saved the day during the Despero fight in the end by helping Zatanna, this episode while she needed to be spurred on by Artemis she began repairing Kaldur's brain how the hell is she useless when in her last two appearances they would have had literally no chance of success had she not been around?

Anyway you are basically saying characters should never act emotionally or Irrationally, the fight with Despero was literally a day after the thing with Aqualad, you expect her to have her wits about her then? She wouldn't be very interesting if she wasn't flawed.

And Frankly if a catchphrase is enough to make you hate a character you are far too easily annoyed and angered, especially considering a bunch of characters on this show have verbal quirks and they never get as much hate as Megan and her's was actually important to the damn plot especially one she hasn't said in ages.

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Ironhawk22

The whole Megan hate is aggravating. She thought Aqualad killed her best friend, give her a break. Her character is interesting because she isn't perfect. Her flaws make her interesting. Then there is the fact everyone hated when she was all "HELLO MEGAN". People just look for reasons to hate the character.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
    beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Mojo65 said:

@beautifulrevery: She saved the day during the Despero fight in the end by helping Zatanna, this episode while she needed to be spurred on by Artemis she began repairing Kaldur's brain how the hell is she useless when in her last two appearances they would have had literally no chance of success had she not been around?

Anyway you are basically saying characters should never act emotionally or Irrationally, the fight with Despero was literally a day after the thing with Aqualad, you expect her to have her wits about her then? She wouldn't be very interesting if she wasn't flawed.

And Frankly if a catchphrase is enough to make you hate a character you are far too easily annoyed and angered, especially considering a bunch of characters on this show have verbal quirks and they never get as much hate as Megan and her's was actually important to the damn plot especially one she hasn't said in ages.

So basically her being emotionally down is an excuse for her not to do what she did on a whim to other characters throughout the show when her teammates lives are in danger. Bumblebee literally asked her to do what she had been doing and she said..."...I...I...can't". There was no way for her to know that she could revive Zatanna in any form or fashion and there was no way to know that her powers would have been enough to stop Despero who was thrashing her entire team with ease including a leaguer(Captain Marvel) who was leagues above anything the team displayed in strength, even their heavy hitter Superboy. She's placed in do or die situations constantly and to allow her own arrogant selfish emotions to endanger the lives of more of her team after he put one in a coma is simply selfish. She placed her own needs of feeling sorry for herself over the survival of her friends. I know it would have been difficult for anyone in such a situation but you have to prioritize in your mind. She didn't. She was irresponsible and weak-minded.

Her second appearance which would have been unsolvable without her presence was literally a problem created by her own irresponsibility and recklessness.

And to be completely honest the catchphrase was annoying but I didn't hate her until this season so you can just not even try and put that on me. I've seen many other people state that's one of their reasons for hating her character and therefore I echoed it's sentiments in this thread for the OP. And Robin's, Wally's, Bart's, and any other characters' catchphrases are not nearly as irritating as hers. They don't get as much hate because they're not even close to as irritating as hers.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkDay

@Mojo65 said:

I think if anything it's not about her being emotional, it's about her not sucking it up when people's lives are on the line. If it had happened during any other situation I doubt anyone would have had anything negative to say, but she is a hero and heroes overcome all the time. It's in the job description. Sometimes it's overcoming a foe more powerful or a desperate situation, sometimes it's about having the courage to face your fears or doing what needs to be done no matter the circumstances, but regardless heroes overcome and sometimes the sacrifice themselves in the process. With Ms. Martian though she was wrong before when she first started turning into the telepathy punisher and her teammate made that clear to her and she ignored it. That's going to be some people's whole point of view right there. It was an in your face warning that said "Hey cut that out, you're hurting people and ruining lives." and she ignored it. Now suddenly that turns around and bites her and we're supposed to feel sorry for the person that got an explicit warning? I think you can see why that's not very likely.

Also, let me point out that she didn't help Zatanna...she got possessed by Zatanna. Zatanna did all the heavy lifting.

Personally I love her, but that doesn't mean she gets a free pass.

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mojo65

@DarkDay: Your points are correct and I am not trying to say her actions were correct, only that they were very human reactions to what's happened, and personally I rather like that.

And at least this is a consistent character flaw, she wanted to stop using her telapathic after Failsafe too but Black Canary talked to her and she got training with J'onn, this stuff with Aqualad actually being real is much worse than what happened then.

Also she did in fact help Zatanna, she undid what Despero did to her and the others remember?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By Teerack

You really trying to defend her when she's been mind murdering people for like 6 years now with no second thoughts?

Mojo65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mojo65

@Teerack: I am trying to defend her as a character. I think she's one of the most developed and human of the cast not the morality of her actions, there is a big difference there.

And we really do not know when she started getting more brutal.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PassionFlower

I love Megan as well but she really has been out of control and callous about it for a while. Not just Kaldur whom she regrets mind scrambling the others she doesn't but she even tried to tamper with Connor's mind. This isn't a new path for her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.