Follow

Young Avengers

Team » Young Avengers appears in 389 issues.

A group of teenage superheroes with powers and abilities mirroring those of the Avengers, Young Avengers was formed by Iron Lad to defeat his future self, Kang. After the team disbanded, Kate Bishop later reformed the team with new costumes. A new team has now been formed by Loki.

Question about Avengers: The Children's Crusade

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I just read this last night, and I caught this, but the more I think about it the more annoyed I get. 

When the Avengers show up, why is Steve Rogers in his Cap uniform and why is Tony Stark in his Extremis armor? This is supposed to take place in the Heroic Age. Did the artist get the memo or what?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Gambit1024 said:
    "I just read this last night, and I caught this, but the more I think about it the more annoyed I get.  When the Avengers show up, why is Steve Rogers in his Cap uniform and why is Tony Stark in his Extremis armor? This is supposed to take place in the Heroic Age. Did the artist get the memo or what? "

In the beginning of the book there was a disclaimer. It said that at the time of writing things may be somewhat confusing.
    ForbushBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ForbushBug

Got around to reading this today and I gotta admit to some initial confusion. I wonder if it'll just be this issue or if the whole series is gonna end up on Earth-A.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

People have to understand that Allan Heinburg and Jim Cheung were supposedly working on this way before they knew how Dark Reign and the Heroic Age was going to work out, that means designs, situations and other things that Children's Crusade seems to ignore won't be on point. They've mentioned in interviews that they've done that not everything is going to be super-accurate and I'm pretty sure in the issue itself they placed a disclaimer. 

In order to get the original team behind the Young Avengers some things had to be moved around and some things have to be shrugged off. Why does it matter if Steve's in his Cap costume and Iron Man is in his old armor? The inaccuracies aren't so outrageous, IMO.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024
    @iLLituracy:  

No it's not that big of a problem, I was just getting curious. And I didn't even read the disclaimer, so shame on me
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @iLLituracy:   No it's not that big of a problem, I was just getting curious. And I didn't even read the disclaimer, so shame on me "
    I didn't mean you specifically, but there were a number of people getting really bent out of shape over it when it wasn't that big of an issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.