Follow

Young Avengers

Team » Young Avengers appears in 389 issues.

A group of teenage superheroes with powers and abilities mirroring those of the Avengers, Young Avengers was formed by Iron Lad to defeat his future self, Kang. After the team disbanded, Kate Bishop later reformed the team with new costumes. A new team has now been formed by Loki.

Future of YA

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joetom

I don't follow comics all that much, but I really like this series. I was wondering if there is anything known about these characters being in any future publications.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By etamogrey77

there(the ones that were left after cc) are gonna be in avx i think

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joetom

I really hope so. They've set these characters up as pretty extraordinary, and I've grown very attached to them as well. I'd love to see more.

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

The "Young Avengers" won't be in AvX according to an interview with one of the writers, but the members are said to maybe show up.

link:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37927

Also after "final exam" arc for Avengers Academy, theres gonna be a crossover with a superteen group that most people seem to think is the YA.

link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38413

Kate Bishop is going to appear in Fraction's Hawkeye series

link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38130

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheHeat

@joetom: Can't say that I've heard anything.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joetom

"The Young Avengers are there, but not necessarily as the 'Young Avengers,'" Fraction said in response to another fan's inquiry. "Young Avengers fans will be happy in the coming months," Cebulski added"

Sounds somewhat promising. It would just suck if they ended up forgetting about these characters. I'd mostly just like to see more of Wiccan, but I do like the team dynamics.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By etamogrey77

i've asked before and i'll ask again does antone know whts up with patriot i know he left but i've gotten so attached to him it would just be so sad if they forget him and the others just take off so to speak

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By X35

@AqwaGaurdian said:

Also after "final exam" arc for Avengers Academy, theres gonna be a crossover with a superteen group that most people seem to think is the YA.

link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38413

I think the Young Masters are probably the group... Brevoort said the Young Enchantress will be appearing in Avengers Academy in the future. Although, she did leave the Young Masters, Marvel tends to ignore their own continuity like that.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By etamogrey77

man marvel can't you give your teen heroes a break i mean if the AA fought in fearitself why are they still students and not like junior avengers or someitn

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

@X35 said:

I think the Young Masters are probably the group... Brevoort said the Young Enchantress will be appearing in Avengers Academy in the future. Although, she did leave the Young Masters, Marvel tends to ignore their own continuity like that.

Well I haven't been following the Young Masters so I don't really know, but if Young Enchantress left to be a good guy she could always be joining the Academy or appearing in the Final Exam arc. I really have no idea

@etamogrey77 said:

man marvel can't you give your teen heroes a break i mean if the AA fought in fearitself why are they still students and not like junior avengers or someitn

Because there's still a chance that they'll all become villains and attempt to take over the world lol. Plus, the Avengers seem really big on this whole 'NO CHILDREN AVENGERS" thing. YA have been around since before the civil war, dark reign, and the invasion and they are just now accepted into the Avengers. Or at least that's what I'm pretty sure Cap was getting at.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By etamogrey77

@AqwaGaurdian: true but giant man and all the teachers seem to really trust them then again yeah the young avengers went through hell and back tob considered avengers and even then some still didn't make it

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

@X35: The Young Masters have made an appearence in Avengers Academy. ^-^

Pick up Avenger Academy: Final Exam 1 0f 4

Slyvie is in it

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By X35

@AqwaGaurdian: Any Melter? ^_^

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

They need to merge all the "teen team" books at this point. All the initiative kids, all the Avengers Academy kids, the Future Foundation, the X-kiddies, they need to get them all together.

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

@X35: Not that i can see.

So far its only the female members of their group, but hey, the YA got a mention XD

@fodigg:

and the young avengers. don't forget them~

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fodigg

@AqwaGaurdian: Aye. And the Runaways as well. All of them.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Kairan1979

@AqwaGaurdian: @fodigg:

too many characters doesn't give enough place for character development.

I think they should reform Young Avengers. Maybe using the characters from several teams, and not necessary the original YA characters.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fodigg

@Kairan1979 said:

@AqwaGaurdian: @fodigg:

too many characters doesn't give enough place for character development.

True, but they have the same concept across so many books and they keep getting cancelled. While they might lose some coherency if they combine that many characters, they would gain much by combining the various fanbases to support one ongoing teen title. And really, some of the groups (future foundation, Jean Grey Academy) have only a handful of "main" characters. They could focus on the main ones or rotate where the emphasis is and do just fine. Or maybe Franklin organizes his own version of "secret wars" where it's capture the flag in his own micro-universe and he invites all the different kid teams. "Secret Games" or something.

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

I don't think you need character development for every single character for every single issue.

I think it would be kinda cool to have all the teen together under one title and have certain arcs featuring certain groups(not necessarily their original ones) and have a series based on that.

But to be honest if they reformed the Young Avengers without the originals I would be really pissed off. The concept of the Young Avengers was unique because it wasn't a bunch of kids who were forced together because they were different like the X-men or because the world needed the like the Avengers. They had willingly formed a team because they were comic geeks and they wanted their idols to come back to save the day once more. Once they figured that wasn't going to happen, they wanted to step up to the plate. Plus, they were the next generation of Avengers because most of them had ties to the previous generation.

I wouldn't be agaisnt new team members (they obviously need it as they're down to four, maybe three with Hawkeye apprenticing to the older one) but if there is a return to the Young Avengers title, than the originals need to be there.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Kairan1979

@AqwaGaurdian:

I wouldn't be agaisnt new team members (they obviously need it as they're down to four, maybe three with Hawkeye apprenticing to the older one) but if there is a return to the Young Avengers title, than the originals need to be there.

Not necessary. They just need to stick to th original formula - use the characters with the link to one of the adult Avengers. So X-23, Thunderstrike Yunior and Power Man (Alwares) can be on the new team, but Mettle or Striker can't.

AqwaGaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AqwaGaurdian

@Kairan1979: I still feel like it wouldn't be the Young Avengers without the originals.

Have them join up sure, but if there's a whole new line up than there should be a whole new name

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.