Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Your X-Men TV Show

• 51 results
    stepford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stepford

If X-Men were to come to television in real life form (not as animated), which storyline do you think would be best to use? Not neccesarily your favorite, but which one could translate best to tv . Next choose your actors and give them parts (don't flood the thread with images of them), pick a network, and a director . Take control, design this show . Make it as practical/realistic as you can .

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

Smallville-styled New X-Men tv show.
    Don't add Rockslide (he doesn't work on live TV), or make him as "rocky" version of Colossus (there was a similar character in old Mutant X show). Make it X-23, Cessily and Sooraya versus Wind Dancer, Surge and Wallflower, with Hellion, Rockslide, Elixir and the others stuck in the middle.
    Emma Frost as a headmaster plus several teachers. NO Wolverine (it's too expensive to add Jackman to the cast).

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

The original New Mutants would translate nicely. They worked with a relatively low-tech Danger Room, psychic powers from Moonstar & kama would be easy nt he special effects budget, Wolfsbane would be played by a girl and some well trained wolves, Cannonball's blast field would be easy enough to blur around him... they'd just have to adapt Sunspot's solar flare effect in a different manner.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By madrid_san
    @xerox-kitty said:

The original New Mutants would translate nicely. They worked with a relatively low-tech Danger Room, psychic powers from Moonstar & kama would be easy nt he special effects budget, Wolfsbane would be played by a girl and some well trained wolves, Cannonball's blast field would be easy enough to blur around him... they'd just have to adapt Sunspot's solar flare effect in a different manner.

That's great 

A soap opera with a love traingle with Scott, Emma and Namor would be nice too. lol  

Seriously I think a series with Cable would be awesome too!
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Kairan1979
    @madrid_san
    series with Cable can only work with Deadpool.
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
    @Kairan1979: Not really. Besides, it's better to take an otherwise unknown character and avoid using more popular names to boost the popularity. By now, everyone knows who Deadpool is, but I don't think he would transition well to television.
    I personally like the idea of a show about Cable, Slym and Redd in the future. I said this before on another thread, but I liked the set and feel of Dune and Children of Dune. I don't know who directed them, but they were masterpieces in my mind. Seeing Stryfe become who he is would be interesting.
    madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By madrid_san
    @sesquipedalophobe said:
    @Kairan1979: Not really. Besides, it's better to take an otherwise unknown character and avoid using more popular names to boost the popularity. By now, everyone knows who Deadpool is, but I don't think he would transition well to television. I personally like the idea of a show about Cable, Slym and Redd in the future. I said this before on another thread, but I liked the set and feel of Dune and Children of Dune. I don't know who directed them, but they were masterpieces in my mind. Seeing Stryfe become who he is would be interesting.

Yes exactly what I was thinking. Even though Cable is a beloved character to comic fans, non-comic fans won't really know about him. maybe at the end of the series, he meets the X-men and tries to save his future but would need the aid of the X-men!!  SICK!
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sesquipedalophobe
    @madrid_san: Yes. I think of Cable as Ender in comic form. Like with Ender, it's not so much the immortality of his character but his legacy.
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By oldgum

X-Factor Investigation of course!

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

I'd make it based on the actual First Class and take it from there. I'd love to watch a show where Cyclops, Iceman, Beast, Angel and Jean are the core team.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By madrid_san
    @oldgum said:

That would be great!
    tbone1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By tbone1225

Sentinels.

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ouija

Creators of the BSG reboot, and I think the 90's X-Force with. Cable, Domino, Boom Boom, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Rictor, Siryn, Warpath, and Feral. 

I would like it to be on the FX Network. 

I'll be back with actors.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @xerox-kitty: I love that idea 
    I'd especially love it if they styled it like it really was the early 80's, like when they premiered
    and then they can allude to the whole marvel x-mythos that's going to happen 
    but that's probably because I have such fond memories of the old school New Mutants in the Chris Claremont / Bob Mcleod days 
    I also think the Starjammers would make for a cool show- like Firefly with space pirates and talking cat people 
    I always wanted them to do a Smallville-esqe show about when Charles and Eric were younger and friends, but I guess First Class took that spot 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty

@oldgum said:

Oh yes! I'd love to see that!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16  Edited By Timandm
    @stepford said:
    If X-Men were to come to television in real life form (not as animated), which storyline do you think would be best to use? Not neccesarily your favorite, but which one could translate best to tv . Next choose your actors and give them parts (don't flood the thread with images of them), pick a network, and a director . Take control, design this show . Make it as practical/realistic as you can .
    Question:  What is the rest of the super hero landscape like?  Are the Avengers a team, not that I'm suggesting they be on the show, but in the world in which this show would be set, are there other super heroes and villains?
    xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xybernauts

I'd put it on HBO. The show might have a chance to have a good budget w/ quality story telling.
    Sy-Fy always forces their shows into stand alone format. and no sci-fi shows ever seem to survive on ABC, NBC, CBS. and a X-Men show in the CW would be too cheap. It shouldn't be anything like Smallville.   
    Whatever the show is, I just want them to avoid the Jean Grey Dark Phoenix storyline. It's been done to death in X-Men tv shows.To me it appears that the most successful stories on HBO are family-cetric so I'd make a show that revolves around lineage, like the Summers family and the Magneto family and other potential families. 

I'd like to see an Age of Apocalypse series dedicated to the Age of Apocalypse storyline. It'd have a Battlestar Galactica type apocalypse and take place in the Walking Dead type world. It use green screens and CGi alot.  It'd introduce Magneto as the head of the rebel X-Men. I'd also like to have a more multicultural cast.  

As an alternative, I wouldn't mind seeing eomthing that focuses on the New X-Men, the students of the Xavier institute and their various squads New X-Men, Young X-Men, Omega Gang, etc, . I imagine a Harry Potter type situation except with mutants. 

@sesquipedalophobe said: 

I personally like the idea of a show about Cable, Slym and Redd in the future. I said this before on another thread, but I liked the set and feel of Dune and Children of Dune. I don't know who directed them, but they were masterpieces in my mind. Seeing Stryfe become who he is would be interesting.

I really love this idea!  

@Ouija

said:

I think the 90's X-Force with. Cable, Domino, Boom Boom, Cannonball, Shatterstar, Rictor, Siryn, Warpath, and Feral.  

I also like this idea. 
    DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By DarkChris

I'd like 3 shows please. All in one universe.  
    1) X-Factor, with investigation like oldgum said. Realistic cases, mostly about a team who kills mutants and people under mysterious circumstances
    2) X-Force, with Domino, Cable, Fantomex, Deadpool, X-23, Wolfsbane and it will be about a brutal team who kills evil mutants and people to save mutankind. They will be the killers X-Factor will hunt.  
     3) Generation Hope, a team of young mutants who by mistake killed a politician and now they are hunted by X-Force and X-Factor will try to find them and protect them because they know they are not villains. Some storylines are depended from the budget. If the budget was big, we could see how Cable came to our timeline and what his motivations are, how X-23 was created (Wolvie, where are you?) and other things. What's your opinion? I suck, right?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Thunderscream

I'd like to see the original X-Factor (with a few tweaks):
    Angel (team owner), "Came out" as a mutant in the public eye and promised to use his family fortune to fund a task force to detain dangerous mutants. Feathered wings, healing touch
    Cyclops (field leader, pilot), Grew up in an orphanage, joined the military at 18 and his powers emerged in the field. He was Angel's first recruit. Optic Blasts, energy absorption/redistribution
    Beast (doctor/scientist) A colleague of Angel's from Harvard, who's experiments had advanced his mutation. 
    Blue and apish in appearance, enhanced strength & agility, enhanced senses.
    Phoenix (psychologist/computer wiz) A tattooed computer hacker with a myriad of mental powers caught Angel's attention when she overrode his company's state-of-the-art security system. Telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, cyberpathy, flight.
    Iceman (lawyer) Trusted friend of the Worthington family & legal defender (i think he should be played by a black guy. what? michael clarke duncan played king pin, jessica alba played sue storm, halle berry played storm...) Lowers temperatures, drawing moisture from the air to create ice shields, weapons and blasts.

Supporting cast (X-Factor's wards watched after by the mansion's computer hologram, Moira.):
    Taki, Boom Boom, Leech, Rictor, Wolfsbane

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By armylife1124
    @oldgum said:
    Exactly the way I would go, you could blend this pretty easily with a TV show, and not worry about a crazy budget
    XforceNumber1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XforceNumber1

bring in x-force. cable, warpath, siryn, sunspot, rictor, shatterstar, boom boom, cannonball, moonstar, domino
    have them fight gideon and the original M.L.F.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Tigerstriper

I'd love to see X-Men done in the style of a yearly mini-series. There are so many great X-Men stories that would be great to see on tv, IF they were handled properly.

Start with the originals. Cyclops, Angel, Iceman, Beast and Marvel Girl led by Professor X.  They were great, why mess with it? I would probably lay out the first series like this.

Episode 1: Professor X gathers the X-Men one by one, and begins training them in the use of their powers. They all get a standard X-Men team uniform.

Episode 2: Magneto attacks a United States military weapon facility, and threatens to launch missiles all over the Earth. It's up to the X-Men to stop him. 

Episode 3: After Magneto's defeat, the X-Men have earned themselves a break. The peace doesn't last long before Professor X summons the team to his side as Juggernaut attacks. 

Episode 4: As the X-Men battle to protect their mentor from Juggernaut, it's revealed that he is Xavier's step-brother. Meanwhile, Magneto still bitter over his defeat, gathers a team of his own. Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Toad, Pyro, and the White Queen.

Episode 5: With most of the team recovering from their battle with Juggernaut, Jean accompanies the Professor to a senate hearing where the government tries to determine if the emerging mutant race is a danger to mankind. Back at the mansion, Magneto's team strikes while the X-Men are without their leader.  

Episode 6: In the series 1 finale, Xavier and Jean return home and fall into a trap laid by Magneto and his Brotherhood of Mutants. The X-Men manage to pull together and win. After the battle, Professor X learns the truth about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. In Washington D.C. Henry Gyrich and inventor, Bolivar Trask propose the Sentinel program.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theicon
    @Tigerstriper: awesom  but  not enough episode  go 13  or  higher man  eff this  6  shows  crap
    JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By JairamGanpat
    @Thunderscream:  
    an X-Factor show without any of the actual X-Factor members? You're gonna make me cry, man 

You AT LEAST need Madrox, he's the soul of X-Factor and his ability is pretty unique. People will like that.
    MrSeaman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrSeaman70

I want the Age of Apocalypse storyline and have someone play the role of Joe Madureira's sultry looking Blink :D
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine
    @oldgum said:
    Such a good idea.
    MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#27  Edited By MatKrenz
    @oldgum
    THIS
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thunderscream
    @JairamGanpat: It's the ORIGINAL X-Factor. Not saying the current lineup wouldn't work.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hizang

It needs to be Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit, Storm and Proffessor X

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tigerstriper
    @theicon: That was just a start. Glad you liked it, it took me a while to come up with everything.  I figured in the second series Havok and Polaris would join the team. Krakoa would be the cliffhanger, and the first episode of series 3 would be Xavier gathering the new team.
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tigerstriper

I've been thinking of expanding on my season one idea, would anyone be interested in seeing it?

zero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zero6

hmm something of it's own storyline with a couple of the actual story lines (phoenix saga, days of the future past, ect.) to make the series more unpredictable. but i think they should use some of these x-men: storm, wolverine, cyclops, jean, rogue, psylocke, colossus, professor x, beast, and iceman. and they should add a couple more along the way like gambit, jubilee, angel, x-factor, moira mactaggert, kitty pryde, emma frost, bishop, ect. villans would have to be brotherhood of evil mutants, magneto, sabertooth, hellfire, acolytes, apocalypse, ect. i think that would be cool

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By girth

Start off with the original team, then add more characters to the roster. Have some characters eventually quit due to ideological reasons. Throw in attacks from the Purifiers,Brotherhood, & terminator like Sentinels.  Add some in team relationships and major plot events. Then you got an X-men show.

BlueBox81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlueBox81

X-Force would be really cool. A team of black ops mutants would play well on film or tv

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerox-kitty said:

I agree. I always liked their lineup. Magma, Magik and Warlock could be added later when the budget increases a bit (Magik is relatively easy to handle, Magma and Warlock, though would need special effect support), and Cypher is so easy to incorporate, he's almost a gimme.
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tigerstriper

I thought I'd add casting choices for my X-Men series. Let me know what you think.

Professor X: Michael Keaton 
    Cyclops: Jason Ritter
    Angel: Josh Hartnett
    Beast: Garrett Hedlund
    Iceman: Alexander Ludwig
    Marvel Girl: Amy Ciupak LaLonde

Magneto: Ralph Fiennes
    Emma Frost: Nikki Reed
    Quicksilver: Jesse Eisenberg
    Scarlet Witch: Rebekah Brandes 
    Pyro: Jackson Rathbone
    Toad: Nick Stahl 
    Juggernaut: Michael Chiklis

Blob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blob
    @Gambit1024: I thought about doing the First Class thing too lol anyways I would of course love to have Blob in it. He could be played by Kevin Durant again except give him a more comic look (brown hair, navy blue and yellow costume, more powerful, etc).
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Tigerstriper said:
    I thought I'd add casting choices for my X-Men series. Let me know what you think.  Professor X: Michael Keaton  Cyclops: Jason Ritter Angel: Josh Hartnett Beast: Garrett Hedlund Iceman: Alexander Ludwig Marvel Girl:  Magneto: Ralph Fiennes Emma Frost: Nikki Reed Quicksilver: Jesse Eisenberg Scarlet Witch: Rebekah Brandes  Pyro: Jackson RathboneToad: Nick Stahl  Juggernaut: Michael Chiklis 
    I like most of them. Couple of things (completely imo) 

- Keaton would need to do a British accent. He does look the part now that you pointed it out. 
    - Josh Harnett is too skinny for Beast 
    - Eisenberg's voice is too small for Quicksilver. He's gotta be brash and confident. 
    - Chiklis looks too sweet to be Jugernaut. Juggy's mean and gruff. 
    Moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By Moncole

the original ones and t takes place in the 1960s like when the comics just came out or the X-Force on HBO

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MuadDiab

An animated series of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost's X-Force would be great I think. Not for kids obviously

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tigerstriper
    @Gambit1024: Josh Hartnett is Angel. 

I just realized I forgot to add Jean. I'm going to fix that now.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By ReVamp
    @Thunderscream said:

I'd like to see the original X-Factor (with a few tweaks):Angel (team owner), "Came out" as a mutant in the public eye and promised to use his family fortune to fund a task force to detain dangerous mutants. Feathered wings, healing touchCyclops (field leader, pilot), Grew up in an orphanage, joined the military at 18 and his powers emerged in the field. He was Angel's first recruit. Optic Blasts, energy absorption/redistributionBeast (doctor/scientist) A colleague of Angel's from Harvard, who's experiments had advanced his mutation.  Blue and apish in appearance, enhanced strength & agility, enhanced senses.Phoenix (psychologist/computer wiz) A tattooed computer hacker with a myriad of mental powers caught Angel's attention when she overrode his company's state-of-the-art security system. Telepathy, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, cyberpathy, flight.Iceman (lawyer) Trusted friend of the Worthington family & legal defender (i think he should be played by a black guy. what? michael clarke duncan played king pin, jessica alba played sue storm, halle berry played storm...) Lowers temperatures, drawing moisture from the air to create ice shields, weapons and blasts. Supporting cast (X-Factor's wards watched after by the mansion's computer hologram, Moira.): Taki, Boom Boom, Leech, Rictor, Wolfsbane

Golden
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tigerstriper

Tacking on a couple more episodes to my original season 1.  

Episode 7: While the X-Men are spending a quiet afternoon in the city, Iceman decides to go have some fun on his own. He soon comes across a young woman walking down the street as if she has been hypnotized. She nearly walks in front of a bus, and Bobby saves her at the last second. Rather than thanks, he is attacked. Back at the mansion, Professor X is able to confirm that she is a mutant, and he senses someone controlling her mind.    
    Guest starring Diora Baird as Lorna Dane.

Episode 8: With the help of Cerebro, Professor X is able to locate the mutant responsible for holding Lorna Dane against her will. The mind-controlling Mesmero. Can the team resist his hypnotic power?
    Guest starring Diora Baird as Lorna Dane/Polaris and Robert Englund as Mesmero.  

Episode 9: Ever since adopting the young man Scott Summers, Professor Xavier has been searching for Scott's younger brother Alex. But his time has been divided between his duties as the X-Men's mentor and the search. He finally locates him as a powerful young mutant appears on the Cerebro scanner, and immediately vanishes. 

Episode 10: As the X-Men race to investigate the sudden disappearance of a new mutant, the terrorist known as Ahmet Abdol is shown holding him captive stealing his power. After freeing the young man, they discover that he is none other than Scott's long lost brother Alex. 
    Guest Starring Taylor Handley as Alex Summers/Havok and Leonard Nimoy as Ahmet Abdol.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tigerstriper

BUMP!

This thread is too cool to let die.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Steps

New X-Men the first season being regular coming of age teen show with it ending with a bus full of children getting... you know.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thunderscream

@Tigerstriper: You gotta slow down your pacing there kimosabi. There's about 3 episodes of material packed into each of your single ones.

Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tigerstriper

@Thunderscream: Thanks for the feedback. I envisioned this as a prime time hour long episode series. I see how it might be a little fast paced, but I was trying really hard to knock it out of the park.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

If I was made a showrunner & given a decent budget & no adult supervision, I'd make this happen:

The style of the show would be Lost with a hint of 24 and a dash of True Blood - character-oriented, suspenseful & utilizing mutants and their powers effectively as metaphors. The cast would be large ensemble (like in Lost); some characters would be more prominent than others but no character would hog all the spotlight. Similar to Lost, individual episodes would usually focus on one or two characters, sometimes (but not always) with flashbacks. Focus would be on characters - as humans, not as superheroes, so there would be no flashy costumes - just practical & unifying field/battlewear. The show would take itself and its characters seriously, so the most outlandish and goofiest aspects of the comics (aliens, magic, time-travel, alternative universes, space adventures, vampires, non-mutant superheroes, giant robots etc.) would unfortunately not make it into this show for stylistic & budgetary reasons. The mutant gene & some science fiction-esque technical devices would be the only fantastic elements of this show.

The show would mostly be about the core aspects of X.Men - the mutants' struggle for equality & for the right to exist, and the different views each character has on the situation. The social allegories (mutants as a minority/mutants as others) would be strongly emphasized. There would be some action but (partly for budgetary reasons) the tension would mostly come out of a suspenseful plot full of mysteries and moral dilemmas (a la 24).

Primary cast would include Professor Xavier, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Storm as the main adult residents of the Xavier institute (here, both a school and a sanctuary/help center for mutants of all ages).Yes, yes - it's a boringly traditional line-up, but this is my fantasy series, damn it! Hellion, Cannonball, Boom-Boom, Sunspot, and Blindfold would appear as the main student characters, to a varying degree. Jubilee and Rogue would join the institute in the first episode - Rogue (a twentysomething) would act as the viewer's guide to an adult's life at the institute, and Jubilee would provide the point of view of a teenager. Later episodes would add at least Gambit, Psylocke, and Angel as recurring characters (with at least Gambit turning later into a regular). Other characters like Dazzler, Domino, Quicksilver, Cecilia Reyes, and Scarlet Witch (and maybe Beast, if my imaginary budget would allow it) would appear as guest stars throughout the series, some making recurring appearances. Kitty, Colossus, and Nightcrawler would guest star as the team Excalibur, and Morlocks and the X-Factor investigations (featuring characters from the current comic book line-up) would also appear at least once. Later seasons would see the introductions of Emma Frost, Havok, and X-23 as regular characters.

Main antagonists throughout the series would include Magneto and his Brotherhood (including at least Frenzy, Sabertooth, and Pyro), Mystique and Destiny (+ their accomplices), Friends of Humanity, the Hellfire Club (including at least Sebastian Shaw and Selene), William Stryker, Senator Kelly & Trask, and a de-camped & more realistic version of Mr. Sinister - each with their own mutant-related agendas. Dark Phoenix and Dark Archangel (though Apocalypse would SO not be in this show) would also have their villainous moments. All these groups would include several line-up changes with changes of alliance.

(As a general rule, characters who demand too much difficult and costly prostetics & make-up to look like they're supposed to look like would have limited appearance or no appearances at all for budgetary reasons. I'm trying to keep my imaginary TV-show within budgetary constrains.)

So my dream show would be a pretty basic adaptation of the series (which I understand would make it difficult to sell, considering that many of these characters have already been seen in the movie series & the animated series have covered many of the major story arcs). I'd like to see many of the classic stories being adapted into a live-action TV-series and being written well. The Dark Phoenix saga, for instance, was pretty much watered down into an uninteresting subplot of the messy X-Men: The Last Stand, and and I don't even bother to mention how Wolverine's origin story was treated in the horrific Wolverine: Origins - both of which are great arguments of why these stories should be retold in a TV-series. Of course I'd like to see the good story arcs that haven't been adapted yet, too, as well as completely original stories, but a part of me just really wants to see rearranged versions of the classic stories, too. As far as the movies are concerned, there's also been a general lack of the gradual character developement & character transformations I like so much about X-Men - which, of course, is something that simply can't be done in the movie format because of the very limited runtime - so a TV-series could get a better grasp of the characters than the movies ever could. I've liked all the animated adaptations more or less (except Pryde of the X-Men, but that doesn't count), but I'd like to see a good live-action TV-show adaptation of the comics, too.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By papad1992

X-Factor Investigations or the New X-Men!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.