Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men/Jean History question spoilers

freefall1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By freefall1025

I've been trying to get back into some current Xmen titles and was hoping someone could fill in some story details.I know about the classic stories (Phoenix era and Claremont) and I followed past the Scott/Jean wedding (Lee/relaunch and later issue 30?) and then the Phalanx Covenant and Generation Next and then everything went crazy where the books relaunched in the Age of Apocalypse. And that's where I dropped off. In order to catch up I've picked up Grant's New Xmen and then I'm gonna read Whedon's Astonishing. And I want to check out Bendis' two new current books.

Can anyone briefly tell me how did the books revert back from the Age of Apocalypse way back when? Did that go into New Xmen/Grant Morrison? And the second question, I see that Jean and Scott are officially over, but how did Jean come back to life? Did that occur in the Avengers vs. Xmen book? Should I read A vs. Xmen before pickiing up Bendis' current books? Help is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@freefall1025: Jean died in Morrison's run on NEW X-MEN. She came back on Bendis' run on ALL NEW X-MEN. It is not specifically AvX related.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Should I read A vs. Xmen before pickiing up Bendis' current books?

Not really. All you really do is read this...

Phoenix Force comes to Earth. Somehow the Phoenix Force is split between Magik, Cyclops, Emma Frost, Colossus, and Namor. They try to fix the world without permission. They lose the power. Cyclops kills Xavier.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

Also the Jean in the X men titles now is NOT the jean that died, well not exactly, and her return had nothing to do with AvX. Basically shes dies in the morrison run you are planning on reading then after AvX beast is on his period or something and uses a time machine to go back and grab the original 5 xmen right after like thier first mission or so and bring them to the present. So that Jean Grey is the Jean grey that never even touched the phoenix

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.