Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-men Civil War II - Who's side are YOU on?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll X-men Civil War II - Who's side are YOU on? (48 votes)

Storm - Inhumans and Mutants can coexist despite the T. Mists. 15%
    Magneto - The Inhumans threaten Mutants. They adore the T.Mists for creating new Inhumans.... but while it kills Mutants. 69%
    Neutral - Hoping for the best-- yet also prepared for the worst... 15%
    Inhumans -- Whatever side they're on. 2%

Now that the X-men are divided (yet again) who do you agree with? Storm? Magneto? The Inhumans???

Vote and tell why!

• 
    Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The side that wipes them damn dirty muties out for good!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Where's the "this plot is stupid and the book is stupider and I want a new direction"

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neutral, but if I had to choose I would go with Mags.

Takeshi57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, because his side is the one that makes sense.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol let's be honest..the only real choice is Magneto's side because that's the only side with an idea that would lead to an interesting plot.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By poisonfleur

As much as I love Storm-- I am leaning more towards Magneto. But since Storm wants peace. I am going Neutral and will have to see where the wind blows. Or the T.Mist blows....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Inhumans refuse to remove the cloud because it ensures the survival of their species, and they're completely indifferent to the suffering of mutants. So why does Storm want to work with them? There's nothing to do now except retaliate.

I just want to see Mags fling Attilan into space, and then systematically execute the Inhuman royal family. That would make me very happy.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@sprior93: Medusa has said that she was working with Beast in order to find a cure for mutants. They just haven't found it yet. If they weren't trying to fix the problem, storm would never work with them.

That being said, I'm always team Magneto.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neutral because the real enemy is humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: She also said that removing the cloud wasn't an option, not because it can't be done, but because she wants to ensure the survival of her species.

Let's be honest here, the Inhumans aren't doing shit to help the mutants. Medusa doesn't give a fudge about anyone but Inhumans, nor should she. They're an inbred, feudalistic and isolated society of genetic anomalies, which is why Marvel's bid to turn them into altruistic earth-based heroes is laughable.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: I didn't say anything about getting rid of cloud but curing the mutants of its effects. That's the entire reason why Beast is hanging out with them right now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofevil: Right, but doesn't it seem more logical to remove the source of the sickness, rather than scrambling for a cure?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Difficult Choice.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

@masterofevil: She also said that removing the cloud wasn't an option, not because it can't be done, but because she wants to ensure the survival of her species.

Let's be honest here, the Inhumans aren't doing shit to help the mutants. Medusa doesn't give a fudge about anyone but Inhumans, nor should she. They're an inbred, feudalistic and isolated society of genetic anomalies, which is why Marvel's bid to turn them into altruistic earth-based heroes is laughable.

@sprior93 said:

The Inhumans refuse to remove the cloud because it ensures the survival of their species, and they're completely indifferent to the suffering of mutants. So why does Storm want to work with them? There's nothing to do now except retaliate.

I just want to see Mags fling Attilan into space, and then systematically execute the Inhuman royal family. That would make me very happy.

Goddam...Holy Shit I'm Co-Signing Sprior.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@sprior93: yes it would make more sense. Marvel won't do it but it would make for sense

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I'd say Team Storm. I think I have an idea on what she's doing and I think what she is doing makes sense than Magneto. Only because waging War isn't going to do anything. True the Inhumans are NOT doing anything about the T-mist they barely talk about it in Uncanny Inhumans. Nothing Magneto says makes any sense he's TOO emotional I understand where he's coming from, but waging war is surely pushing mutants to extinction. I'd say it's a bad call on Magneto. Storm is acting too much like Pro. X and she's becoming TOO nice and really I feel for her she's doing the best she can.

@sprior93 said:

@masterofevil: Right, but doesn't it seem more logical to remove the source of the sickness, rather than scrambling for a cure?

Right, but i'm assuming your talking about removing the Inhuman nation completely.....meaning you want to murder them. Why wage war on a nation that is growing in large numbers day by day. What can possibly be done by this action. How can a small handful of men take on a nation?

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah definitely Magneto. His side is always the most interesting. Plus I couldn't care less about the Inhumans aside from maybe Black Bolt.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am annoyed that the inhumans have not yet addressed their mist and the effects its having on the mutants and the latent human people who do not want to be changed, but I am Waiting to get more on the story. I don't see the X-Men opting to condemn a species to death without making an effort to reach a mutually beneficial solution, but if all else fails I want the X-Men to eliminate any inhumans who oppose them as they get rid of the mist.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RabumAlal

Mist = kills

Inhumans like the mist. They wish to keep it.

Mutans > Inhumans

Mutants die. Magneto is right.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mags is right. I wish jean would join him

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waiting for the xnen to get off their asses and deal with the green cloud

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto has the right idea.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MasterOfEvil

@raunjisto: Well this could lead to Magneto vs Black Bolt. Except Mags would lose cuz marvel nerfed him

Rob Collier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neutrality is the best option for now. Storm has the right idea of working with the Inhumans, but the Mist is still killing mutants. Magneto has some good points, but violence will only lead to more violence; Captain Marvel and Iron Man are about to beat the living crap out of each other, for crap's sake! I would want a solution that can deal with the mist, but not cause any more violence. Both Inhumans and Mutants are few in number, fighting is not the best idea.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Neutral.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to Die! I vote for Magneto: Master of Magnet. Why? Who reads comics for "peaceful resolutions" and/or coexistence? I get enough of that in real life lol I wanna see someone with super powers punch someone else with super powers in the face.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By christianrapper

storm's side makes more sense. the inhumans used ulyses to save the lives of mags and all the nonfodder mutants in the building. mags should have listened to storm. however, there would be no plot if he did that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: Nah. Magneto is wrong in that he thinks the Inhumans are out to get them. Storm is wrong in that she wants to befriend the group of people who refuse to remove a cloud that is killing and sterilizing a group of people because they want to continue to force another group of people to change into an alien subspecies.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Actually......yeah that's the truth.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler, moral compass of X-men, decided that Magneto is right.
    That says it all.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By christianrapper

@rubear said:

Nightcrawler, moral compass of X-men, decided that Magneto is right.

That says it all.

not really. nightcrawler doesn't have all the information. also, there is no telling where the nightcrawler will go.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By HAWK2916

I wish there was the option of how stupid the idea is. I mean really.

That said I do think there was once was some potential in this sort of story but not for any type of ongoing. To me this whole Terrigen mist thing would work more as an event or ogn story but not the way it is now. I mean this cloud is still circling the globe....really? And it's a cloud that Storm showed the ability to alter and move. The story is just ridiculous. I mean should we have just had a Phoenix mystical cloud or entity go from town to town and city to city turning people into mutants after Hope and Wanda did their little mojo in AVX? Or maybe the now all powerful Magik should just make a magical cloud that does the same thing right? And we supposed to believ that a world that hates mutants now is OK with this cloud that is actually killing people at times? I mean people are literally excited to see this thing yet they are afraid of mutation. Mutants are dying yet Storm and her friends are still talking about Cyclops and doing nothing in response. I guess I'm just at the point where I can't believe the shoddiness of these stories being told. It's just hard to believe this stuff is passing as professional storytelling

On top of that every Inhuman that they are trying to push right now for this Civil War 2 and after could and should be replaced by a mutant in my opinion. Why created some new Inhuman that can see and predict the future, why not use Blindfold or even try and use Magic since she can teleport there. That would be a much more rich story. This Mosaic character that's coming... I mean it would've better to bring back Malice or Proteus.

Maybe I'm being petty and an old fuddy duddy but I just don't seethe need of pushing the Inhumane and creating all these new characters just because. I think the far richer stories would be using what's already there. We are getting a Civil Wars event based off the Inhumane when really it should be based off if the X-men for once.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I wish there was the option of how stupid the idea is. I mean really.

That said I do think there was once was some potential in this sort of story but not for any type of ongoing. To me this whole Terrigen mist thing would work more as an event or ogn story but not the way it is now. I mean this cloud is still circling the globe....really? And it's a cloud that Storm showed the ability to alter and move. The story is just ridiculous. I mean should we have just had a Phoenix mystical cloud or entity go from town to town and city to city turning people into mutants after Hope and Wanda did their little mojo in AVX? Or maybe the now all powerful Magik should just make a magical cloud that does the same thing right? And we supposed to believ that a world that hates mutants now is OK with this cloud that is actually killing people at times? I mean people are literally excited to see this thing yet they are afraid of mutation. Mutants are dying yet Storm and her friends are still talking about Cyclops and doing nothing in response. I guess I'm just at the point where I can't believe the shoddiness of these stories being told. It's just hard to believe this stuff is passing as professional storytelling

On top of that every Inhuman that they are trying to push right now for this Civil War 2 and after could and should be replaced by a mutant in my opinion. Why created some new Inhuman that can see and predict the future, why not use Blindfold or even try and use Magic since she can teleport there. That would be a much more rich story. This Mosaic character that's coming... I mean it would've better to bring back Malice or Proteus.

Maybe I'm being petty and an old fuddy duddy but I just don't seethe need of pushing the Inhumane and creating all these new characters just because. I think the far richer stories would be using what's already there. We are getting a Civil Wars event based off the Inhumane when really it should be based off if the X-men for once.

So true... It's like the X-men REALLY have a chance to stand up in their Story right now. Yet Storm and Magneto are kinda just there.... If anyone screams dire situation for storytelling right now, it should be them. WHERE IS MATT FRACTION AND WARREN ELLIS????

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MasterOfEvil

If there really wanted to wow people they should have had the nanosentinels that screwed up Cyclops' powers be inside Mags as well. Then the plot twist, Storm and Beast knew about it and actively kept that information from Magneto cuz of his past. Him finding out about that plus the terrigen issue would make for a REAL civil war. And we'd get a repowered Magneto at the end

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, OF course.

Storm is with a bunch of children and TBQH, I don't see her as a leader. She always needs someone to tell her if she's doing the right thing (you know... with her vision lol)

Inhumans are killing the X-men, no doubt. I guess they will have to deal with Magneto before eliminating all the mutants.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.