Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: Apocalypse, who will the Four Horsemen be?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream
    No Caption Provided

Let the speculation commence! If we're going to encounter the Four Horsemen in the X-Men movieverse, who from the First Class cast do you think might end up riding the steeds? It's assumed that Archangel won't be in the mix since he was a young'n in X3 even though the metal wings would look wicked awesome in live action...but do you think they'd take the obvious Wolviecentric route and gussy him up as the avatar of Death? Or maybe they'll bring in lesser knowns like the 4H from Remender's Uncanny X-Force run. That'd be pretty spectacular on the big screen...or maybe we'll see other ancient mutants like Selene, Candra and the Externals.

What do you think?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

Darwin!!! sure shaw blew him to pieces but come on his power is to survive so im sure he could survive that and apoc could pull him and make him into something evil, maybe havok or banshee too (sure banshee is dead but that didnt matter none in Uncanny avengers recently)

Then i think some one popular like idk Cyclops, or maybe even Gambit (channing debuts as a horsemen) or Cable? and then work them as part of the main team in later movie spin offs

Also i thought Angel was like 30ish in the X3 movie so maybe you could wing him being a horsemen they did change the future so it wasnt like X 3 ever happened thus he could have metal wings in the future period

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Wolverine (as due to continuity, I'm assuming he doesn't get his adamantium). He has bone claws like he did as Death. Archangel would be cool. Banshee and Azazel could come back?

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imma say Darwin, Emma frost, Banshee, & probably an all-new mutant that hasnt been used in the movies yet or even gambit

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azazel, Emma, Banshee and Archangel?

Idk, really it depends on whether the next movie will be introducing new versions of Cyclops, Storm, Jean, etc.. or if it will be using just the New Cast....which honeslty would be a let down if they depended solely on Havok and the others from First Class.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they will just be the original Horsemen with an X-Man as Death.

I always hate when they just turn random X-Men or supporting characters into Horsemen, it just seems like a cop out when they can't think of anything to do with a character.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would love for Archangel to be one of the horsemen.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By adamTRMM

As much as I'd like to see Archangel, I wouldn't like the OOContinuity inclusion, as one of the main point of time travel was to clean up the mess, and including Warren won't help it.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lorex said:

I would love for Archangel to be one of the horsemen.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @koays: @oscars94: @adamtrmm:

That is a pretty interesting notion that the fallen members of the First Class be resurrected as the 4H. Angel Salvadore (think she would get metal wings?....nah), Azazel & Banshee as the back-up dancers to a wild card Death, if not Wolverine, maybe Rogue since she was cut from DOFP and her powers could be more fully explored. Or Darwin as someone mentioned.

I agree that with the newly established continuity that Warren is totally out....unless somehow altering the course of history influenced his parents to get busy a few decades sooner :p

Do you think after the time travel premise of DOFP that more or less time travel is likely in X-Men: Apocalypse? Seems this would be as good a time as any to introduce Cable, especially since we're hearing buzz about younger versions of Cyke and Jean....you think it'd be overkill to have their cyborg future son timeslide into their lives to aid in the battle against En Sabah Nur?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@thunderscream: Past characters for the most part. But once Apocalypse rises to his full potential, send everyone.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Well they could just as easily choose faceless mutants, but it would be more difficult to justify the X-Men getting involved. And Angel Salvadore needs to be Pestilence.

As for time travel, I wouldn't have a problem if they did what another post suggested and split the film in two parts, with the first part looking as though the inexperienced First Class team has failed, only for say Cable to walk through a time portal at the end.

The second part could be about them finding and adding a young Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc to their ranks to fight the big threat.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

death, war, famine and pestilence

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd like to see something similar to how the Horsemen were assembled in TAS... three random mutants (in that case Morlocks) and one we know and love as Death. Ideally is SHOULD be Angel becoming Archangel... but that can't work for the movieverse. Gambit or Wolverine make the best alternates. Both are alive and present in the movieverse. Gambit's status is currently unknown, but Channing Tatum is coming along as the new Remy... why not intro him in Apocalypse with his resolution being freed from Apoc's control and off to be a hero. Wolverine needs a way to get the adamantium... if Stryker is now Mystique... he's not getting it that way. Apocalypse gave it to him the second time... he can do it this time too.

I did love Polaris as Pestilence. Sunfire as Famine was kewl. Deathbird was a bad ass War.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM
    @thunderscream said:

I agree that with the newly established continuity that Warren is totally out....unless somehow altering the course of history influenced his parents to get busy a few decades sooner :p

Do you think after the time travel premise of DOFP that more or less time travel is likely in X-Men: Apocalypse? Seems this would be as good a time as any to introduce Cable, especially since we're hearing buzz about younger versions of Cyke and Jean....you think it'd be overkill to have their cyborg future son timeslide into their lives to aid in the battle against En Sabah Nur?

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised actually.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the "X-force" lineup will look like at least, maybe they'll go Ultimate with Cable and he will be a future Wolverine? Or someone completely different. We just don't have enough information to even suggest.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Calling it-- Mystique will be one!

DarthThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling 3 of them will be Cyclops, Jean and Storm. My reason being that this is supposed to introduce their young versions, but then if Apolcalypse takes control of them he could possibly mature them so we could have Marsden, Famke and Halle Berry playing them for a significant portion of the movie.

That would certainly be a way to bring some of the Original characters back which is what they have said will happen somehow.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to be powerful mutants My pick would be Sinister, Exodus,Spiral and Darwin(if he could have transformed into Proteus that would be cool)

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

That guy who makes people throw up in DoFP seems like a likely candidate for Pestilence, yeah?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thunderscream

@oldnightcrawler: I thought it was strange that they had Ink use his bio power to make the doctors sick....and then what looked like Quill...also made the doctors sick.

@martian81: Neither Sinister nor Spiral are mutants...and why would you want to turn Darwin into Proteus? Darwin alters himself in reaction to his environment, Proteus is Moira McTaggart's son and warps reality around him while possessing host bodies ... I think fanboys would be up in arms about a change that drastic.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: already confirmed that it will feature a young storm, jean and cyclops

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cattlebattle

That guy who makes people throw up in DoFP seems like a likely candidate for Pestilence, yeah?

That was pre existing New X-Man, "Ink".

No Caption Provided

They will likely go with the non literal route, I am still assuming they are likely just going to have some X-Men be brainwashed into villains. I hope not though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@oscars94 said:

Wolverine (as due to continuity, I'm assuming he doesn't get his adamantium). He has bone claws like he did as Death. Archangel would be cool. Banshee and Azazel could come back?

This is a good shout since Nightcrawler is already confirmed so it would be nice to see a confirmation between him and Az.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Wolverine, Wolverine, Wolverine and Wolverine.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd like Ink amongst the horsemen... he was well represented in the movie... altho, would be interesting to know is he's still just a human or they've actually made him into a mutant for the cinematic universe.

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/x-men-apocalypse-will-star-cyclops-jean-grey-and-storm/

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

Also i thought Angel was like 30ish in the X3 movie so maybe you could wing him being a horsemen they did change the future so it wasnt like X 3 ever happened thus he could have metal wings in the future period

No way was Angel 30, but we've gotta forget about that continuity now anyway. If we're still beholden to the things that happened there, then there wasn't much point in a reboot. I think Archangel would be the best choice of all.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Martian81

Thunderscream with regard to Sinister and Spiral we, dont need to get technical , they are common villains against Xmen, whether they are mutant or not is up to debate. If a scientist gives himself super powers through genetic alteration, he becomes a mutant from that point on even if he was not born one in my opinion. Plus why are Scarlet Witch and Nightcrawler considered mutants and Spiral not , yet they all have similar powers mind you before she was even cybernetically/mechanically enhanced?

Yes I agree about Darwin turning into Proteus is kind of drastic and perhaps there is no need to do this as Darwin if enhanced with celestial tech by Apoc would be formidable enough.I was just thinking outside the box just as Havoc was made to appear in First Class perhaps in place of Cyclops yet they are brothers.It's just artistic license.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Death - Gambit

Famine - Sunfire

Pestilence - Polaris

War - Kieros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be the original four from X-Factor: Abraham Kieros, Autumn Rolfson, Plague, and perhaps Angel (since his X-3 moment was retconned). They are faceless enough to not need screen time, and can be easily cast with unknowns that fit the bill.

You can cross Emma, Sean and possibly Angel off the list. I'm not sure Apocalypse would have a reason to resurrect them, either.

• Emma, and Sean (from First Class) are confirmed dead (Erik reveals that Emma and Sean were experimented on by the government during the plane scene and are dead). The assumption is that the effects of Wolverine's time travel would only affect the timeline after his arrival, so if a character was dead prior to his changing a timeline, they would still be dead.)
    • One of Angel's wings is scene in the same room that Magneto's helmet was stored; it can be inferred that she is either dead or in government custody.
    devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be the original four from X-Factor: Abraham Kieros, Autumn Rolfson, Plague, and perhaps Angel (since his X-3 moment was retconned). They are faceless enough to not need screen time, and can be easily cast with unknowns that fit the bill.

You can cross Emma, Sean and possibly Angel off the list. I'm not sure Apocalypse would have a reason to resurrect them, either.

• Emma, and Sean (from First Class) are confirmed dead (Erik reveals that Emma and Sean were experimented on by the government during the plane scene and are dead). The assumption is that the effects of Wolverine's time travel would only affect the timeline after his arrival, so if a character was dead prior to his changing a timeline, they would still be dead.)
    • One of Angel's wings is scene in the same room that Magneto's helmet was stored; it can be inferred that she is either dead or in government custody.

Angel's picture is among those of the autopsied mutants Mystique sees the files of... along with Azazel and others. She be dead.

UncannyMatthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto, and Mystique.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Personally always been partial to the Abyss-Mikhail Rasputin-Holocaust-Archangel lineup from Rise of Apocalypse.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: that's not a bad list at all. the only fault i can find is Mikhail... we'd actually need to get some love for Colossus for his brother to be a horseman...

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I really hope we see Ben Foster back as a proper Archangel. He is a terrific actor and the script completely underutilized Angel in X3.

Make him Archangel and give him a prominent role in Apocalypse and watch the magic happen.

Seriously, dude is so money. Just from the this year alone he killed it in Lone Survivor

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if angel(x-3)is like technically five, becoming a horseman could make him an adult ie captain marvel or goku super saiyan 4.

On another note currently in una any avengers banshee, sentry, grim reaper and Daken wer all resurrected to all become Death( so all 4 horsemen are death ) and dofp magneto name drops 4 mutants who died off screen azazel, BANSHEE, Emma frost, and other angel) 3 of these characters are either big xmen characters or relevant to storylines being teased, young cyclops and night crawler, so it would make sense to bring these characters back

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generic characters who won't be worth caring about it. They will be henchmen. The film will focus on apocalypse, I doubt we even be told who the horsemen are because of the time constraints of the film.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: Nice catch. I saw her wing, but wasn't able to read the names of the autopsied mutants in that scene since I was watching it in 3-D with my glasses on beneath the 3-D glasses lol.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: Nice catch. I saw her wing, but wasn't able to read the names of the autopsied mutants in that scene since I was watching it in 3-D with my glasses on beneath the 3-D glasses lol.

oh ouch... have friends who have to suffer 3d movies the same way... i always try to buy our tickets to non-3d sessions if they're coming.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.