Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

X-Men: Apocalypse Deleted Mall Scene

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So, I found this little clip and I thought I'd share it all with you. I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on it.

I'm kinda annoyed they cut it out of the film. Not only was it was a fun little scene, but it helped us see the dynamic between the X-Kids and explore their relationships. Plus, we got to see Jubilee use her powers.

http://xmenladies.tumblr.com/post/150230197052/x-men-apocalypse-deleted-mall-scene

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sophie Turner really does look like Boy George. It's a shame they cut that scene out.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By darkdetective27

I really wish they would have kept this. Its really fun and helps do a lot of world building. Glad that they released it.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By wrucebayne

I was surprised we never actually saw them go to the mall. We did, however, get an awfully out of place Quicksilver scene. Forget about the tragedy about to happen, we need another silly Quicksilver scene.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That seemed like a really cool sequence. Showing some friendship and comraderie with the X-men is always a must in any X-men movie, tv series or comic book.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised we never actually saw them go to the mall. We did, however, get an awfully out of place Quicksilver scene. Forget about the tragedy about to happen, we need another silly Quicksilver scene.

Honestly i think the two scenes back to back wouldve really complimented eachother. Giving the young cast a chance to develop and shine separately before the next part of the film started bringing them together

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Definitely, the mall scene was needed to develop these characters more. They were honestly the best part of the movie for me. Magneto massacred people across the globe and got forgiven, Mystique was shoved down our throats, and Apocalypse was boring. The kids were holding down the film.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adamTRMM

Really cool indeed.

Ugh... it was such a breath of fresh air to see sapiens without the typical "ew freaks, I'm such a token bigot, hate me" crap.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super cool. Thanks!!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cute)

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Anna_Karenina

Oh, come on. That music, the 80's atmosphere, their interactions, Jubilee using her powers at an arcade, the joke about Sophie Turner and Boy George, and every single thing Kurt did, specially the dance... That scene is precious. It's a shame they didn't include it.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't know why they cut it. If they would of put it right before the Quicksilver scene, it could of probably helped the flow. Might be a little awkward going to that from Havok blowing up the mansion.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute, what about Dazzler?

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DevilMayehm666

@wrucebayne: If Warren in Fall of The Mutants(which the movie was based on) was forgiven after he massacred people across New York. So why shouldn't Magneto?

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: According to Singer it was because of pacing issues.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DevilMayehm666: And that somehow justifies it in the film? You don't get to kill innocent people and get away with it. Magneto went full villain and should've been treated as such.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrucebayne:

"You don't get to kill innocent people and get away with it"

Who made that rule? Plenty of people get away with murder. Anyway, we didn't see anyone die. For all we know Magneto only caused property damage.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wrucebayne

@sprior93: I'm not talking about people getting caught by the cops or not. Erik was clearly forgiven by the X-Men and treated as one of them. He's not.

And get out of here with that property damage bs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrucebayne:

"I'm not talking about people getting caught by the cops or not. Erik was clearly forgiven by the X-Men and treated as one of them. He's not."

Erik being forgiven is conjecture on your part. Xavier is the only person we see Erik talk to after the final battle. We don't know how the other characters feel. You're right that he's not one of the X-Men, and that's exactly why he leaves.

"And get out of here with that property damage bs."

You say that Magneto murdered innocent people and yet we didn't actually see anyone die. The burden of proof is on you.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: You're right. I forgot everyone evacuated the planet while Magneto decided to cause earthquakes worldwide that flew off the richter scale. Zero deaths.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrucebayne: So you have no proof? That's what I thought. You're also forgetting that Apocalypse manipulated his horsemen. Magneto was a victim.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrucebayne: Yes, both Warren and Erik went full villain. But they under mental influences that enhanced their pre-exiting rage.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@invain: According to Singer it was because of pacing issues.

Yeah, I think it would of probably of fit awkwardly. But to be fair, a lot of the pacing felt awkward as it was. As a X-Men fan, I don't care about pacing problems as long as I get to see more X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.