Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would you want the X-Men to become a part of the MCU?

• 105 results
    Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Would you want the X-Men to become a part of the MCU? (132 votes)

Yes 44%
    No 56%
     • 
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By adamTRMM

@avenging_x_bolt:

Yeah, were there any swastikas though? Was there anything properly portraying the atrocities of that brutal war? No? Because unter pg-13 sensitive crapfest overload? Yeah, almost like I said.

X's had Erik forcefully separated from his family by the Nazi scum right there at the Auschwitz gates as they were clearly "branded" by the "yellow badges".

What can I say, if you don't see the difference in the tone and impact, I cannot help.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#102  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@adamtrmm: all I did was point out that hydra were Nazis. I said nothing about the tones of the film. But thanks to jumping to that conclusion.

Avatar image for dragonhunter1414
    DragonHunter1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no no.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

As i have stated before, no they should not. Neither franchise has anything significant to gain from a merger. The only reak benefit would be Marvel treating the X-Men better in the comics.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

You mean totally unlike the same respectable and respectful people who gave such an iconic Mandarin! Um, wait a second. Yet they gave us proper and true to his origin Drax! No? But hey at least they gave us all those mindblowing villains (with Ultron, his characterization and his totally straight from the comic book origins as the apogee of formidable adaptations! And let's just not forget Hank Pym and the Wasp shall we?)... Yeah. *sigh*

There would be no MCU without the X-men movies, confirmed by Fiege when by his own admission his career depended on that. That's for starters. X-men was the first post-modern era blockbuster based on superhero comics that had its modest yet impactful success in terms of pretty much the first superhero team based universe-building. Every misstep, every flaw, DisMarvel didn't have to learn through their own ones, it was already "exposed" by foX-men. So the real argument is not about catching up with MCU, but if acutally could there be such a successful MCU without foX-men definitive and not always positive experience?

First Class was good? Yeah, but speaking of continuity it was an absolutely different from the canon beast! As revealed previously, MCU fans should be knowing lots about it though lolz

It's not that I'm some hardcore foX-men fanboy, but I started to grow really tired of that MCU self-righteous wank. Did we really forget stupid and bland Thors? Beautifully shot, but still stupid and bland? How about Iron Man 2? 3?! I know, the masterpiece! The First Avenger! A movie to die for. I mean, please...

And btw, speaking of The First Avenger, the cowardish MCU were so afraid to harm poor fluffy fandom's sensitive minds from the sight of, you know, "based on a true story" Nazis in a friggin World War 2 movie, that now all I can think of, how deconstructive and harmful could the inclusion of Magneto be for his character would he be included into that fluff-fest of a universe. And since X-men, as a whole, pretty dark and societally challenging in their core, with MCU's record of fear of those themes, the impact would be felt all over the franchise, not just that one fundamentally important character apparently.

Like I said, I'm not a foX-men biggest fan, but for the very least they get the tone of the X-men. To MCU and their "safe childhood=forget the history" mantra, I wouldn't have given even a benefit of the doubt. So to answer that thread's question, no freakin way.

i know the xmen are much truer to the source material...especially when you count storm who as a leader of the x men has a major role in the movies...wait never mind. i sure remember how mystique was a pivotal part and founding member of the xmen in the comics....wait never mind. well, at least the xmen didn't have people who had no motivation to hate humans join an evil mutant and slaughter thousands of people, wait the xmen did do that. however, the xmen is much grittier than the avengers. if the xmen had murdered civillians and destroyed cities like the avengers, they would face consequences. the xmen would never cover up someone murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents. the xmen would never have characters like quicksilver, scott, and nightcrawler (who was in a michael jackson jacket no less) making jokes throughout the movie. it's much too dark for that. nothing says gritty like nightcrawler in a thriller jacket. they set that gritty tone with that wardrobe choice.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: The X-men franchise is not a perpetual thing like Batman or Superman though. It is fluid and often has different characters in different roles and even its own continuity is often retconned in spite of itself.

..especially when you count storm who as a leader of the x men has a major role in the movies...wait never mind.

There has been points in time in the X-Men comics when Storm has had a lesser role or has not even been on the team. For instance, if you were just reading X-Men (Blue Strike Force), Storm was an afterthought. Even in all of the X-Men animated shows which, lets be honest here, is the representation of X-Men that most people digest, Storm is always a more secondary or third character. If you wan to compare things the Wasp has a been a pretty important character in the Avengers history (even lead the team several times) and has yet to appear in a Marvel film outside of a cameo.

i sure remember how mystique was a pivotal part and founding member of the xmen in the comics....wait never mind.

I sure remember how Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and SHIELD were pivotal to the founding of the Avengers.....wait, they weren't. Anyways, my point is nothing is accurate in any of these films. The X-Mens history has been retconned to feature several characters meeting Xavier before he starts the X-Men (Magneto, Amelia Vought, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Sage) and in the case of Second Genesis, characters like Vulcan and Darwin were X-Men before Wolverine and Storm.

@christianrapper said:

well, at least the xmen didn't have people who had no motivation to hate humans join an evil mutant and slaughter thousands of people, wait the xmen did do that.

Colossus joined the Acolytes and Magneto then caused a global EMP that killed millions of people....so, something like that did happen actually.

MasterOfEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Wolverine vs Hulk and AvX, I'd want the merge to happen. HOWEVER, since the current Xmen movies are pretty damn good, I say let them run their course first.

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By christianrapper

also, what the heck is going on. it's been 30 years since first class right? these guys are exactly the same age. we should be having the old magneto and xavier, now. this crap about xmen being grittier or more realistic than the mcu is just false. their timeline is just totally screwed. all these characters should be pushing middle age.

Imbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

also, what the heck is going on. it's been 30 years since first class right? these guys are exactly the same age. we should be having the old magneto and xavier, now. this crap about xmen being grittier or more realistic than the mcu is just false. their timeline is just totally screwed. all these characters should be pushing middle age.

It's been 20 years, and people did age. Mystique didn't because she can change shapes. It don't matter how old she is. In the comics she is over 100. We can also assume that the drug that Beast takes makes him look younger.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In comparison here is Hugh Jackman in 1999

No Caption Provided

And in 2016

No Caption Provided

20 years isn't really a huge difference.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all I did was point out that hydra were Nazis. I said nothing about the tones of the film. But thanks to jumping to that conclusion.

Well considering the previous contexts I might've look at it accordingly. Peace then! lol

i know the xmen are much truer to the source material...especially when you count storm who as a leader of the x men has a major role in the movies....wait never mind.

Just for the record, I never claimed they were out of comic adaptations, I mainly pointed out the "tone". But I'll bait anyway:

If you ask me, Storm's leadership was only essential for specific eras in the comic. Besides, didn't she take the lead in the Last Stand? Just because this movie sucked, doesn't mean it didn't happen. My turn: tell me, how were the actual original Avengers Wasp and Ant-Man (Janet and Hank) rocking in the Avengers movie or at least MCU in general?

i sure remember how mystique was a pivotal part and founding member of the xmen in the comics...

You know I just toot a look on the first Avengers issues, and know what, couldn't find any Nick Fury and SHIELD there be the actual brains behind the Avengers concept. So, governmental lackeys from they one? "Canon"!

well, at least the xmen didn't have people who had no motivation to hate humans join an evil mutant and slaughter thousands of people, wait the xmen did do that. however, the xmen is much grittier than the avengers.

Not sure how's it relevant to motivations, by I guess the main argument was still villain motivation right? Oh man you didn't do that to yourself. I don't even think I need to ridicule PATHETIC MCU villain gallery. It's just universally known. And I hate to use that in the argument, it truly is.

if the xmen had murdered civillians and destroyed cities like the avengers, they would face consequences.the xmen would never cover up someone murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Wait a sec, maybe I'm slow this morning, but I can't see relation between those two sentences.

the xmen would never have characters like quicksilver, scott, and nightcrawler (who was in a michael jackson jacket no less) making jokes throughout the movie. it's much too dark for that. nothing says gritty like nightcrawler in a thriller jacket. they set that gritty tone with that wardrobe choice.

That's the point, even when they mess around, they know when to stop as stakes are raised, did QS made any joke when his leg was broken? No. And you felt that he was threatened. In MCU, they would probably mess up even then, because this universe has no stakes and everyone is safe.

All that said, Civil War was the step in the right direction, the messups were hilarious, admittedly, even though I'd tone them down, because, once again, the stakes. But this time they weren't shy to kill off fodder for the very least.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@adamtrmm: yeah, looming back you pretty much had every reason to think I was. I apologize for getting tweaked about that. I need to work on it.

I get a little defensive about the mcu admittedly but I can definitely admit some the faults you pointed out (like the Rogues)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.