Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would yo rather Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Anime, ot X-Men 90's get renewed?

UncannyMatthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll Would yo rather Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Anime, ot X-Men 90's get renewed? (68 votes)

Wolverine and the X-Men 25%
    X-Men Evolution 37%
    X-Men 90's 34%
    X_Men Anime 4%

Personally X-Men Evo!

• 
    LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Evolution personally...it was a different take on things that wouldn't have to adhere strictly to established comic storylines, and would have a bit more creative freedom. Plus the use of main characters as young adults rather than basically fully grown makes it bit more appealing to younger audiences, while still capturing the older crowd who just wants quality shows.

2nd choice would be Wolverine and the X-men...provided it shifted its focus a bit away from Wolverine and more to the team as a whole.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

X-Men Evolution. It's my X-Men animated series and they had that final episode that showed the future. I'd like to see what happens between the end of X-Men Evo and that future vision. Maybe show us what college life was like for them. I'd watch it.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By devilsgrin81

X-Men TAS was the best series to date. If nothing else, the characterizations were all-but spot-on. But they managed to include well delivered renditions of our favourite storylines up til that point... Phoenix/Dark Phoenix, DoFP, Genosha, all the Summers-Sinister business, Apocalypse and his Horsemen, Storm and the Morlocks, The Savage Land, the Marauders/Nasty Boys... it was a brilliant series, and well animated for the time too. Also, the theme music was fantastic.

Anime was the worst, but only marginally so than Evolution. WatXM had potential - but the Wolverboring focus was detrimental to the series as a whole. It was far too limiting naming a character in the title.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TehStranger

Either X-Men 90's or Evolution.

Since I have to choose I'd go with the 90's series for nostalgic reasons

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either X-Men 90's or Evolution but leaning a bit towards Evo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

@devilsgrin81 said:

X-Men TAS was the best series to date. If nothing else, the characterizations were all-but spot-on.

Not really. I will agree Cyclops, Beast and Professor X were spot on but nobody else really. I mean Storm for example, was a very secondary character in the cartoon and always had to give these long winded, poetic explanations of what she was doing with her powers: "I summon the fury of lightning!!".....yeah, she never did that in the comics and was very much one of the most prominent characters in the years the cartoon was released...it was weird.

I personally would like to see another season of the anime. It was actually the closest in tone and maturity to the X-Men comics we have ever had and in it Wolverine was able to stab other things aside from doors and robots.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I loved X-Men Evolution it was pretty awesome, however I really enjoyed Wolverine and the X-Men, minus the fact it was called Wolverine and the X-Men and the focal point was around Wolverine (more or less) I enjoyed the X-Team in this series. Loved Cyclops & Emma's relationship - I really enjoyed that Shadowcat and Bobby were prominent members on the team and I like how they included Forge as well. Gambit, Scarlet Witch, Polaris, Sinister! There were just so many good stories and characters and with the ending being such a cliffhanger, ugh season two looked promising!

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

X-Men: Evolution with the 90's cartoon in second if they changed the costumes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

90's X-men.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE 90'S OF COURSE BEST REPRESENTATION OF THE X-MEN BY FAR.

Everyone were actually the character we saw in the comics. An not only that they brought the comic to life for us. If the 90's show could be enhanced visually an brought to Marvel Now I would love that but i'ma have to have the same writers or at least ones that know what they're doing.

AN THE ANIME WAS A AWESOME SERIES I LOVED IT YOU GUYS DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stormdriven

90s X-Men, for this one part

Loading Video...

This is the only time I actually liked Wolverine.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would say the 90's animated series. I loved the serious tone of it. I guess Im being a little unfair because i havent seen Anime or Evolution

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine and the X-Men.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90's by far, followed by Evo.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and the X-Men.

And no one was surprised. :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

@night4345 said:
    @wolverine08 said:

Wolverine and the X-Men.

I actually liked WATXM for other besides Wolverine.(Even though Steve Blum Wolverine is dope) The animation was the best of any X cartoon that had been produced, Gambit was an awesome recurring character, Iceman and Kitty Pryde were really enjoyable for teenage characters, supporting characters like Forge had perfect comedy moments, and villains like Magneto/Mr. Sinister were good threats. Emma Frost was also really well portrayed. Only criticism I can level was that Cyclops sucked.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine008
    Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:
    @wolverine08 said:

Wolverine and the X-Men.

I actually liked WATXM for other besides Wolverine.(Even though Steve Blum Wolverine is dope) The animation was the best of any X cartoon that had been produced, Gambit was an awesome recurring character, Iceman and Kitty Pryde were really enjoyable for female characters, supporting characters like Forge had perfect comedy moments, and villains like Gambit/Rogue. Emma Frost was also really well portrayed. Only criticism I can level was that Cyclops sucked.

lol. It was a decent series besides some things I didn't enjoy.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Wolverine and the X-Men. It really opened my eyes to how badass Scott is. After whooping Blockbuster and that shot of him walking like some unstoppable force. Plus he was wrecking a room fool of Jamie's duplicates h2h at first.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@night4345 said:
    @wolverine08 said:

Wolverine and the X-Men.

I actually liked WATXM for other besides Wolverine.(Even though Steve Blum Wolverine is dope) The animation was the best of any X cartoon that had been produced, Gambit was an awesome recurring character, Iceman and Kitty Pryde were really enjoyable for female characters, supporting characters like Forge had perfect comedy moments, and villains like Gambit/Rogue. Emma Frost was also really well portrayed. Only criticism I can level was that Cyclops sucked.

lol. It was a decent series besides some things I didn't enjoy.

No Caption Provided

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd have to go with Wolverine and the X-Men. They gave us that sneak peek at the what would've been the next season (Age of Apocalypse) and going off the concept art I've seen, they were planning on using a lot good characters that season. Oh what could've been

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

Wolverine and the X-Men as part of a relaunched MAU with Avengers:EMS and Spectacular Spider-Man. X-Men : Evolution is a close second.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Spideysense44

Evolution for me..but they need to fix Scarlet Witch my god she looks awful and Rogue too

Kentabulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Evolution-- I would have been nice to see how we got to the future that Prof X saw.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evolution for me..but they need to fix rogue Scarlet Witch my god she looks awful and Rogue too

Wut.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44 said:

Evolution for me..but they need to fix rogue Scarlet Witch my god she looks awful and Rogue too

Wut.

I said they need to fix Scarlet Witch and Rogue because they looked bad..I had a typo

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Spideysense44

@spideysense44: Yeah. Besides Wanda's cross earrings I like her too.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

She's supposed to be a southern belle..not some goth

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44:

Rogue wearing skimpy clothes doesn't make her a southern belle. Evolution is a take on teenage X-Men and in the comic Rogue wore concealing clothes when she was young to make sure she never accidently hurt someone. They even explain why she's a goth in the show as Destiny trying to make sure Rogue doen't accidently absorb someone when her powers activate.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Wolverine & the X-men or 90's x-men

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wolverine and the X men. Because all the other series had their run, but WATX ended prematurely.

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've yet to see the Anime, so that doesn't factor in. I did love the 90s show as a kid and I still look back with some nostalgia and wonder at just how well they adapted so many stories, the sheer number of characters they fit in, and how much passion was clearly put into that show. That said, I don't think it's aged nearly as well as its major contemporary at the time Batman: TAS (nor has Spider-Man, for that matter, though that's more due to the animation).

I did finally sit down and binge Wolverine recently and really liked it. I'm rather bummed a few years late that we didn't get to see them adapt AoA and House of M like they planned. It had some of my favorite character designs and portrayals (particularly Nightcrawler, Emma Frost, Forge, and Scarlet Witch) and I think the best overall animation, even if it did go with the ridiculous top heavy look for the muscular male characters.

That said, I went with Evolution. I liked its different take, with some characters being in the older mentor roles and others being teenagers, and I ended up enjoying much of character development we got throughout the series. The blatant movie tie-ins never bothered me much, and it went on long enough that I think we got to know the ensemble pretty well (whereas W&THM was obviously very Wolverine-heavy). Plus, it was the first X-Men adaptation where I really liked Cyclops and I would have loved to see his continuing development into the team's leader.

hanseperez1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hanseperez1
    Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for the X-men TAS becuz it opened my eyes to the xmen.. it told their story during one season... while putting little stories in between.. (example the first season was about the sentinels and magneto, in between u got th the morlocks juggernaut, genosha, archangel, rogue wantin the cure) ending back to sentinels and magneto..

Drawing wise I would go to WatX.. I loved emma and how scott was disheveled about jeans death..I loved that gambit was thief... I wished it didnt get cancelled becuz I was real excited ti see their take of AoA... which should be brought back..

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

X-Men TAS was the best series to date. If nothing else, the characterizations were all-but spot-on.

Not really. I will agree Cyclops, Beast and Professor X were spot on but nobody else really. I mean Storm for example, was a very secondary character in the cartoon and always had to give these long winded, poetic explanations of what she was doing with her powers: "I summon the fury of lightning!!".....yeah, she never did that in the comics and was very much one of the most prominent characters in the years the cartoon was released...it was weird.

I personally would like to see another season of the anime. It was actually the closest in tone and maturity to the X-Men comics we have ever had and in it Wolverine was able to stab other things aside from doors and robots.

Agreed. Jean Grey was reduced to this constantly fainting, tertiary character who ran around most of the time yelling "Scott!" and always looking like she got winded just thinking about her powers let alone using them. I had fond memories of the '90s series since they covered so many story lines, but the characters and story lines were very simplified. I can't really recommend any of the series. I think they ended at the right time.

If X-Men: TAS got renewed, I'd like artwork more similar to WatX and a larger cast. I wouldn't mind it if the roster actually changed during the run of the series, too.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cattlebattle

@phoenixofthetides said:

Agreed. Jean Grey was reduced to this constantly fainting, tertiary character who ran around most of the time yelling "Scott!" and always looking like she got winded just thinking about her powers let alone using them. I had fond memories of the '90s series since they covered so many story lines, but the characters and story lines were very simplified. I can't really recommend any of the series. I think they ended at the right time.

If X-Men: TAS got renewed, I'd like artwork more similar to WatX and a larger cast. I wouldn't mind it if the roster actually changed during the run of the series, too.

LOL.

Yeah, Cyclops always yelling "JEEEEAAANN" and Jean Grey fainting is always something fans make fun of about that show...because it always happened, which as you said never really a thing in the comics.

Gambit spoke in the third person and sounded like a moron, Rogue seemed like she was Dolly Parton, always spouting some stereotypical southern limerick, even Wolverine, who had excellent voice work and was the fan favorite character of that series was still missing certain personality traits he had in the comics.

I really liked the show when I was growing up of course, but a couple of years ago I went back watched the whole thing and I kind of thought it was terrible. A lot of story lines were watered down to the point where a lot of villains who were great in the comics were one dimensional, the costume designs, which were based off Jim Lees designs were pretty silly (why would Cyclops need so many pouches on his belt??) and the show was just overall really inconsistent with plot elements and animation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't WatXM supposed to get a second season before getting canned by the network?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Wasn't WatXM supposed to get a second season before getting canned by the network?

I believe so.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I do love X-men Evolution the best, maybe because I was around the age group of the characters when it came out, but also because it respected, but wasn't a slave to its source material. I mean X-men animated was cool but trying to follow the comics resulted in huge plot holes and headascratchers.

All that said, I think WatX-men would be the best to get renewed because it's the newest, and the only bad thing about the series was that it's title character took away from everyone else....I would love to see a new X-men series set in that same world but without Wolverines name on everything

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I AM REALLY CONFUSED.. I CANT CHOOSE

the 90's was best cuz they did the transition from comics to tv really well.. and they had awesome fights

EVO was really good too i like to see the Prox vision thing.. and they had really good animation

Rangerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would agree with having a movie based on the 90s X-Men team. That for me is the quintessential team when you say X-Men. But I also did like it when Dazzler and Havok were around.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: It was kind of dissappointing when Emma died at the end tho

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

Hmmm...hard to choose. But if I had to pick, I would like to see them renew X-Men Evolution more than anything because of the vision that Professor Xavier had at the end and so far, it was the best X-Men series to really focus on all of the characters (even though the 90s series did a fantastic job with that too). Second choice would be Wolverine and the X-Men only because they were planning on making Colossus, Jubilee and Havok into major characters in the next season. The only thing that I would want them to change in Wolverine and the X-Men was to actually focus on all the other characters instead of just Wolverine, which is something they keep having issues with outside of the comics.

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

90s, for sure.

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the X-Men 90's was definitely my favorite

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.