Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Would it be a good idea to have X-Men in MCU?

• 78 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Do you think it would be a good idea to have the X-Men movies be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, if Marvel got the rights back to X-Men movie wise?

Personally, I think that there might be some pros and cons to this. One positive thing about this is that we would see the X-Men characters finally interacting with the other Marvel characters, like the X-Men meeting up with the Avengers. The cons to this is that there are too many characters on both the X-Men and the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the storylines might get confusing and some characters might not have time to shine since there's only so much you could do with adapting comics to movies.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'd be interesting

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

To be honest, I kind of like having the XCU out of the MCU and the rest of the MCU out of the XCU. For movies, it's best that they stay separate, in my opinion.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I kind of like having the XCU out of the MCU and the rest of the MCU out of the XCU. For movies, it's best that they stay separate, in my opinion.

I agree with this. For now, I'm okay with the X-Men not being in the MCU because they would have enough time to develop their own stories and characters without worrying about inter-crossing with the Avengers or other characters in the MCU.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@rabbitearsblog: Exactly. I like Avengers and X-Men having their own separate stories without having to worry about repercussions from the other.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that the X-men from the Fox movies would work within the MCU at all so no

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Exactly. I like Avengers and X-Men having their own separate stories without having to worry about repercussions from the other.

Yep. I would like the movie universe to remain "eventless" as possible.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mechem_93

Not really, a marvel-produced X-men movie woul be even more wolverine-centric than what we usually get. And I hate that.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

The only they should be in the MCU is if the plan is to do a huge AVX movie

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I don't think I can handle an AvX movie. If the only reason to have the X-Men come over to the MCU is for them to fight each other, then I definitely won't be on board with it.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I don't think I can handle an AvX movie. If the only reason to have the X-Men come over to the MCU is for them to fight each other, then I definitely won't be on board with it.

bingo
    and yeah both teams are far to global to not have each others conflict force the hand of the other team to get involved some how....

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@rabbitearsblog said:

yeah, but if they were in the same movie because it was a House of M movie, I think I could be down.

or a Secret Wars movie! That would probably be cooler as a trilogy, but then you could have them in the same movie(s) without having to explicitly say that their from the same world, since the whole story takes place on Battleworld.

I really like that all of the Marvel superheroes live in the same world, but I don't think you can really judge how well that idea could be applied to a movie without actually having seen said movie. What do you even base an opinion like that on?

I mean, how much cooler would Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Woman's movie wedding have been if it had featured the X-men and the Avengers, like the comic book did? (the answer is: much cooler).

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

I personally think that movies should stick to concentrating on making good films and not just being like "Hey look at what characters are going to appear alongside these characters". The MCU has their work cut out for him as it is. Leave the X-Men alone.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I would love to see Marvel's take on the X-men Especially Storm, Rogue, Psylocke and Emma.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If Marvel did get the rights back they would reboot the X-men. They would start from scratch and say those Fox X-men never happened. I would like to see the original 5 in the MCU then bring in more characters for the sequels. That is a big if though. The only way 20th Century Fox would give up the rights is if they were going bankrupt.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HAWK2916

@rabbitearsblog: @phisigmatau: Well I dont think that should be the only reason but if as was mentioned you started with Disassembled, House of M, Messiah Complex and AVX or some movie variation of those arcs combined it could be huge. Do I think it works or that its a good idea...no. But that is the only reason I could see Xmen in the MCU. And if for some reason the Batman/Superman movie and the Justice League movies somehow beat but the next avengers and xmen movies, who knows.. we might see some desperation similar to what we are seeing from DC now on the big screen

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@girth said:

If Marvel did get the rights back they would reboot the X-men. They would start from scratch and say those Fox X-men never happened. I would like to see the original 5 in the MCU then bring in more characters for the sequels. That is a big if though. The only way 20th Century Fox would give up the rights is if they were going bankrupt.

I agree that Marvel would reboot the franchise if they got the rights to it. Just adding on to Fox's X-Men would only make things even more confusing.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

I hope and pray they do get the rights back. Because Fox is really not representing the franchise well

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell No.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

I want Marvel to get the X-men back but not because I want to see them crossover with anyone. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I didn't like first class so from my perspective Fox has made 3 good X-movies and 3 bad ones. I know that Marvel would make a good movie, that's the only reason I want them to have the property because I know that if Marvel was making the movies I wouldn't have to question whether or not they'ed be good I'd know from the moment they were announced

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager
    @hawk2916 said:

I hope and pray they do get the rights back. Because Fox is really not representing the franchise well

Its never going to happen so long as Sony and Fox like making money. They have no reason to ever let go of Spiderman or X-Men. Even has convoluted and screwed up as it is, X-men will sell even if they have to reboot it.

FF might have a shot, if the new reboot is garbage.

-On topic

No. I do not want to see them in the MCU. Too many characters. It would turn into a giant clusterf**k (not unlike the current X-men comics continuity is)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Its never going to happen so long as Sony and Fox like making money. They have no reason to ever let go of Spiderman or X-Men. Even has convoluted and screwed up as it is, X-men will sell even if they have to reboot it.

FF might have a shot, if the new reboot is garbage.

-On topic

No. I do not want to see them in the MCU. Too many characters. It would turn into a giant clusterf**k (not unlike the current X-men comics continuity is)

I agree that it could possibly be confusing if they don't know how to handle so many characters in one universe. Also, in having the X-Men and the Avengers being in a separate universe, it would help the Avengers characters develop better as they can get in team members who haven't made it to the screen yet (instead of putting Spider-Man and Wolverine into the Avengers, which could limit any chance for the lesser known Avengers to get their chance to shine on the movie screen).

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@rabbitearsblog: Good point and I agree.

I wouldn't call Ironman and Thor B-characters, but I also know their popularity (especially among the general public) has soared thanks to the movies.

I myself was never a big Thor fan until the movies came out. Thor: God of Thunder is the first Thor stuff I've read (Gorr's arc was amazing btw).

But Wolverine and Spiderman are still on another level. Spiderman in particular.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Good point and I agree.

I wouldn't call Ironman and Thor B-characters, but I also know their popularity (especially among the general public) has soared thanks to the movies.

I myself was never a big Thor fan until the movies came out. Thor: God of Thunder is the first Thor stuff I've read (Gorr's arc was amazing btw).

But Wolverine and Spiderman are still on another level. Spiderman in particular.

I agree. I never got interested in Iron Man until the movies came out, so imagine how popular Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Wasp and Ant Man can be if Marvel does their movies right.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would love to have the X-Men in the MCU if for no other reason it would stop Fox from doing such a horrible job with their take on the X-Men.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They are going to put the Fantastic Four in the same universe as the X-men.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyiena said:

They are going to put the Fantastic Four in the same universe as the X-men.

I wonder if this would be a good idea, although it depends on what they are doing for the Fantastic Four reboot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No. In fact, I'm actually not a fan of the X-Men being a part of the Marvel universe in general. Call me crazy, but the hate towards mutants doesn't make any sense when people seem to be fine with The Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tigerkaya

@ryagan said:

No. In fact, I'm actually not a fan of the X-Men being a part of the Marvel universe in general. Call me crazy, but the hate towards mutants doesn't make any sense when people seem to be fine with The Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc.

Bingo THIS.

So its unanimous no one wants the X-men in the MCU, this is wonderful finally something all fan bases agree upon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Noooo. Good movies and the X-men do not, in my point, have any chance of co-existing, largely because good writing and the X-men happens so damn rarely.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By MisterAnderson

@squares:

=) =) =) "Oh, gosh! Oh, golly! Oh, WOW!" Take that, Claremont!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

I agree with this. It's frustrating that Marvel haven't properly dealt with this problem (although they're trying with Uncanny Avengers).

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tigerkaya

@ryagan said:

I agree with this. It's frustrating that Marvel haven't properly dealt with this problem (although they're trying with Uncanny Avengers).

And failing miserably at it, Uncanny only proves that the X-men are are far to out of place in the Marvel U. Majority of the series is either everyone acting like an unlikable asshole or just seeking to rip the others heads off. Really this team needs to be disbanded get back to Avengers and X-men hating one another.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog said:

@ryagan said:

And failing miserably at it, Uncanny only proves that the X-men are are far to out of place in the Marvel U. Majority of the series is either everyone acting like an unlikable asshole or just seeking to rip the others heads off. Really this team needs to be disbanded get back to Avengers and X-men hating one another.

I was thinking about picking up Uncanny Avengers, but after reading this, I think I'll just skip it. By the way, if there were an Infinite Crisis type story that changed the Marvel Universe to where it separated X-Men into a different world, I'd be totally fine with it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

I was thinking about picking up Uncanny Avengers, but after reading this, I think I'll just skip it. By the way, if there were an Infinite Crisis type story that changed the Marvel Universe to where it separated X-Men into a different world, I'd be totally fine with it.

wait!

if you haven't read Uncanny Avengers, but were considering it, I'd say at least give it a chance.

obviously it's not for everyone, but if you like old-school, classic style Avengers, you might actually really like it. Personally, I think it's one of the best Avengers series to come out in a while. The first arc was slow, but each issue since has been better than the last; this week's was great!

oh, and the villain's plan was pretty much just like tigerkaya's. :v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

wait!

if you haven't read Uncanny Avengers, but were considering it, I'd say at least give it a chance.

obviously it's not for everyone, but if you like old-school, classic style Avengers, you might actually really like it. Personally, I think it's one of the best Avengers series to come out in a while. The first arc was slow, but each issue since has been better than the last; this week's was great!

oh, and the villain's plan was pretty much just like tigerkaya's. :v

See, I'm not really an Avengers fan. I tried to read a few of the comics, but I thought they were kind of...boring. And these were old-school issues.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, I wish the comics were more like the movies. Keep the X-Men far away from the Avengers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ryagan: well, if you're just not interested in the Avengers, then I guess you shouldn't bother; I'd just hate to think someone was being swayed away from something they might actually enjoy because of some of the arbitrary reasoning going on in this thread..

To be fair, I actually didn't think I'd like this book; it seemed contrived and had a lot of characters who I often find dull. The first arc was slow, and seemed like it could have happened in three issues instead of four; I mostly stuck with it for the art. But it really seemed like each issue just got more fun than the last, and it actually made the characters I expected to not care about the ones I became most interested in; in my books, that's a big win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I still might give Uncanny Avengers a read, simply because it has Rogue and Havok. Rogue's my favorite X-woman, and Havok is a character I'm interested in learning more about. However, I've heard that Rogue's characterization in the book is poor, and Brian Wood's X-Men apparently does a better job at grasping her character. What are your thoughts on that?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan: I've been reading X-Men and Uncanny Avengers, and while I have been enjoying (and do recommend) both, personally I don't feel like Rogue's being written especially good or bad in either. Though, she at least seems to be a more central character in Avengers right now.

Wood and Remender both write her the way she was in the 80's/early 90's (as a sassy spitfire) with, so far, little regard to how she's been written since. Since that's when I liked Rogue the most, this hasn't bothered me, personally. It's a kind of surface style that often gets applied to more iconic super-characters, but I don't feel like either writer has shown her to have a significant amount of depth beyond her classic version as of yet.

Havok's been sort of the strait-man/new-guy-out-of-his-element on this team, but I've found him far more enjoyable in that role than I expected to. Havok's rarely been a character who does much for me (I think the last story I really enjoyed him in was Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown -from '89), but I'm really enjoying him as an Avenger.

For me, both of them are characters for whom I had long since lost interest in, but this new context seems to have rejuvenated them.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tigerkaya

@ryagan said:

@tigerkaya said:

@rabbitearsblog said:

@ryagan said:

Glad I could help but trust me the title is not worth picking up. If you hate the Avengers you'll probably hate them more with the way how OOC everyone is written to force these childish portray of infighting between the two the Avengers and X-men.

As to who should separate them just call up Living Tribunal and of course (sigh) Phoenix to combine their powers to separate the two mythos and you have yourself a Crisis on Infinite Earth where both universes are non the wiser to ever existing in the same universe.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tigerkaya

@oldnightcrawler: only to a certain point, it became terrible after the forced arguments was being padded for far to long and made it seem more childish for added insult.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: so, you haven't been reading this book you're telling people not to read?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#46  Edited By Teerack

AvX would be a cool movie.

@tigerkaya You're getting horrible advice and should give a book a shot before listening to someone who didn't give it a chance telling you to not give it a chance either.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It be great, it would be even better if they could breakl all ties with anything Fox related!

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Precisely, I don't want him disappointed as I was with the books hilarious premise. Soon as more people stop buying the cancellation will come sooner.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: I'll read it and judge it for myself. I'll have to let you know what I think.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It be great, it would be even better if they could breakl all ties with anything Fox related!

I personally wouldn't mind if they created a different version of the X-Men characters from Fox's version. Maybe the characters would better reflect their personalities in the comics if Marvel got them, but then again, it all depends on who Marvel hires to do the remake for the X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.