Wolverine Vs Gambit

Avatar image for azmoday
#1 Posted by azmoday (215 posts) - - Show Bio

hey guys,

I know these two are some, if not the most popular X-MEN,  i'm guessing that Wolverine is probably the most well known.

I just notice that Gambit is pretty popular w/the fans, and was wondering, do you think Gambit will ever get as big as Wolverine in terms of popularity ?!

Avatar image for castleking
#2 Edited by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah when they decide to make a movie about him, he'll come in close at least for a few yrs till ppl forget him again.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#3 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think in the late 90's Gambit was more popular then Wolverine. That lasted all of maybe two years. But now I dont think Gambit will ever reach Wolverine statues. How could he? Logan's in every arc/team/crossover/mega-event Marvel puts out.

Avatar image for loganreme
#4 Posted by loganreme (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right about that! Wolverine is somewhat over exposed. I like both Gambit and Wolverine and I would like to see Gambit get more recognition :)

Avatar image for wonderboy1132
#5 Posted by WonderBoy1132 (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't doubt it.

If marvel makes a movie he'll be huge.. but I'm not sure if he'll be up where wolverine is.
Wolverine had many years to build is huge following and stardom. I mean the wolverine franchise even before the movie was huge. But in time I think if they sell Gambit well enough he'll be huge. He's already very popular in the comic world, but comic readers are not the norm or general public

Avatar image for the_martian
#6 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
I actually think in the late 90's Gambit was more popular then Wolverine. That lasted all of maybe two years. ... [more]
I think Logan is close to passing Spider-Man in popularity, if he hasn't already.
Avatar image for mercenaryx
#7 Posted by MercenaryX (252 posts) - - Show Bio
The_Martian said:
Gambler said: I actually think in the late 90's Gambit was more popular then Wolverine. That lasted all of maybe ... [more]

Avatar image for azmoday
#8 Posted by azmoday (215 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys think wolverine has surpassed Spidy!? 

Do you think Gambit could ever gain a fanbase as big as Wolvie1?

Avatar image for castleking
#9 Posted by castleking (24743 posts) - - Show Bio

he had in the comics in the 90's that it made me so torn between them.

Avatar image for symbiote5
#10 Posted by symbiote5 (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao wtf can gambit do wolverine throw his cards at him mesmerize him wolverine would kill him

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#11 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@symbiote5 said:
"

lmao wtf can gambit do wolverine throw his cards at him mesmerize him wolverine would kill him

"
This isn't a battle. And they've thrown down several times and Wolverine has yet to kill him ;)
Avatar image for symbiote5
#12 Posted by symbiote5 (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@symbiote5 said:
"

lmao wtf can gambit do wolverine throw his cards at him mesmerize him wolverine would kill him

"
This isn't a battle. And they've thrown down several times and Wolverine has yet to kill him ;) "

how the hell has wolverine have yet to kill him lmao read wolverine origins dark reign wolverine is bad a$$ gambit cant do nothing to him wolverine can go toe to toe with lobo then he could definitly make short work of gambit
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#13 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@symbiote5 said:

" how the hell has wolverine have yet to kill him lmao read wolverine origins dark reign wolverine is bad a$$ gambit cant do nothing to him wolverine can go toe to toe with lobo then he could definitly make short work of gambit "

Hahaha did I say Gambit could defeat Wolverine? Nope. I clearly said they have thrown down several times and Wolverine has yet to kill him. That's fact, read any X-Men comic and confirm it for yourself :) Again I'll say this again, it isn't a battle thread (does no one read the OP's anymore?). However, since you wanna throw out PIS feats I have one for you :D
 
 
Wolverine cant even take a Deer, let alone Lobo ;)
Wolverine cant even take a Deer, let alone Lobo ;)
Avatar image for symbiote5
#14 Posted by symbiote5 (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@symbiote5 said:

" how the hell has wolverine have yet to kill him lmao read wolverine origins dark reign wolverine is bad a$$ gambit cant do nothing to him wolverine can go toe to toe with lobo then he could definitly make short work of gambit "

Hahaha did I say Gambit could defeat Wolverine? Nope. I clearly said they have thrown down several times and Wolverine has yet to kill him. That's fact, read any X-Men comic and confirm it for yourself :) Again I'll say this again, it isn't a battle thread (does no one read the OP's anymore?). However, since you wanna throw out PIS feats I have one for you :D
 
 
Wolverine cant even take a Deer, let alone Lobo ;)
Wolverine cant even take a Deer, let alone Lobo ;)
"

wow ok so you find one bad pic out of all the impressive things wolverine has done and  you use it you use it to say wolverine cant beat gambit with his healing factor rage and admantium gambit doesnt stand a chance
Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82985 posts) - - Show Bio
@symbiote5: Dude are you not paying attention or something? Hahaha please show me where I said in this thread that Wolverine cant "beat" Gambit. Take a deep breath, re-read what I posted, and comeback :)
Avatar image for dex
#16 Posted by Dex (627 posts) - - Show Bio

 

Avatar image for symbiote5
#17 Posted by symbiote5 (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
"@symbiote5: Dude are you not paying attention or something? Hahaha please show me where I said in this thread that Wolverine cant "beat" Gambit. Take a deep breath, re-read what I posted, and comeback :) "

oh ok just making sure
Avatar image for comicace1395
#18 Posted by comicace1395 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of the people I know who don't read comics are pretty torn between Wolverine and Gambit. Gambit needs to have his own run on tv and it might raise his popularity. But he does have a fan site called Gambit Guild(Don't have the URL) He's been in every series and he is pretty cool.
Avatar image for thorson
#19 Edited by THORSON (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

HE COULD BUT WHINY FANS AND CHILDREN ONLY CARE ABOUT WOLVERINE.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOLO MOVIES FROM OTHER X-MEN.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
#20 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5695 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: I think Gambit might be one of the only other X-men that would interest me in his own movie, since he's one of the only other characters from X-men that works on his own and actually has an exciting life outside of being an X-man.

In many ways, he's already replaced Wolverine in that regard.

Avatar image for leonkarlen123
#21 Posted by leonkarlen123 (8818 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion yes, he has a better personality and those bada** card throwing skills.

Avatar image for ascended
#22 Edited by Ascended (624 posts) - - Show Bio

I am fine with Gambit becoming the third popular hero again on the list. He does not need to surpass Wolverine or Spider man because he's already awesome as he is.

I would have it just like this:

1) Wolverine or Spider man

2) 2nd for the other

3) Gambit

4) Iron man

5) Hulk

Avatar image for spider-manwins
#23 Posted by Spider-ManWins (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@ascended: gambit at most is a b level character

Avatar image for spider-manwins
#24 Edited by Spider-ManWins (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_martian: America isn't the whole world... I'm Latino and no adult here knows who wolverine is

I don't think he even has a Spanish version of his name

Hombre Arana is a household name

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3e40c6be63
#25 Edited by deactivated-57d3e40c6be63 (98 posts) - - Show Bio

No, for many reasons.

Wolverine has been around for decades longer, has been in like 5 movies, and has been in more teams.

Not to mention Wolverine is better in almost every way to Gambit, which can help his cause.

Avatar image for immolation
#26 Posted by Immolation (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Marvel stopped pushing mutants. They're more interested in trying to make Iron man and Captain America as popular as Wolverine now.

Wolverine had many things going for him that made him so popular. His first solo had the name Frank Miller on it, and that alone was enough for many comic fans to take interest in the charecter. His first ongoing solo was written to where you can follow it, even if you're not a X-Men fan. Wolverine was able to break out and become his own star, and Gambit has never really left the Shadow of the X-Men.

Avatar image for sprior93
#27 Posted by Sprior93 (11983 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's two decades too late for that.

Avatar image for darthphoenix
#28 Posted by darthphoenix (1968 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless marvel turns gambit to an inhuman. Grrrrr

Avatar image for david_james
#29 Posted by David_James (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine was(is?) the second biggest star in Marvel and he arguably carried the company in the late 90s and early 2000s when Spiderman had clone stink on him. There is no way that Gambit could achieve that.

Avatar image for heroup2112
#30 Posted by HeroUp2112 (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit sucks to the bottom of the sucking barrel. He loses because he sucks in all ways possible :) Biased? Me? No way, man!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.