Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Wolverine & the X-men: how would you fix it?

• 69 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

Am I the only here still waiting for the Claremont's 80s idea where Cannonball succeeds Cyclops and Moonstar succeeds Storm? I swear that was the solve purpose of these characters.

I'm sure WTAS would benefit from having their alumnus coming back and teaching the kids. Go Chamber!

I would love for Cannonball and Moonstar to become the leaders of the X-Men!

I'm pretty sure that was the plan, until somewhere along the line, Rob Liefeld came and whisked Cannonball off his feet when Cable came into the picture, and then Fabian Nicieza and a bunch of other writers and something something something. Basically, Moonstar and Cannonball were being tossed between Uncanny X-Men and X-Force, never fulfilling the spot Claremont built for them.

That's so sad. It's like every time there's some kind of potential for characters, that potential is just crushed when a new writer comes in and does something different for the character.

Sad but true. And sometimes, they create awesome characters (Fantomex for example) with interesting back stories and powers, but arent given enough time to develop their own personality and style (Grant Morrison's New X-Men was too rushed. Frank Quitely's art is usually better).

Problem about X-Men is that there are too many awesome characters, but the X-Books like focusing on fan-favourites, such as Cyclops, Wolverine (he's everywhere, ain't he), Emma Frost, and with multiple books having the same characters, this really doesnt help push forward great characters. (Still waiting for Dust, Surge and pretty much most of the New X-Men vol 2. cast to come back)

I definitely agree with this! X-Men has so many characters, so what's the problem of focusing on new characters who were introduced? I would definitely like to see an X-Men book focus on brand new characters and actually give them development that could match them up with the older X-Men.

Sadly, I fear by introducing more mutants into the world, you get too many sidelined. And then Marvel would have to think of another House of M situation to decrease that number to a more tolerable number.

What I didn't like about House of M is that all the fan-favourites kept their powers :\ and all the unpopular kids got blown up in a bus. literally.

I don't even know how Marvel can dig themselves out of the entire situation. Do I hear Reboot?

I have a feeling that a reboot would have to come up eventually since the current X-Men books are getting a little confusing since there are so many different titles with so many different situations happening to the characters.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By tomchu

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

Am I the only here still waiting for the Claremont's 80s idea where Cannonball succeeds Cyclops and Moonstar succeeds Storm? I swear that was the solve purpose of these characters.

I'm sure WTAS would benefit from having their alumnus coming back and teaching the kids. Go Chamber!

I'm pretty sure that was the plan, until somewhere along the line, Rob Liefeld came and whisked Cannonball off his feet when Cable came into the picture, and then Fabian Nicieza and a bunch of other writers and something something something. Basically, Moonstar and Cannonball were being tossed between Uncanny X-Men and X-Force, never fulfilling the spot Claremont built for them.

That's so sad. It's like every time there's some kind of potential for characters, that potential is just crushed when a new writer comes in and does something different for the character.

Sad but true. And sometimes, they create awesome characters (Fantomex for example) with interesting back stories and powers, but arent given enough time to develop their own personality and style (Grant Morrison's New X-Men was too rushed. Frank Quitely's art is usually better).

Problem about X-Men is that there are too many awesome characters, but the X-Books like focusing on fan-favourites, such as Cyclops, Wolverine (he's everywhere, ain't he), Emma Frost, and with multiple books having the same characters, this really doesnt help push forward great characters. (Still waiting for Dust, Surge and pretty much most of the New X-Men vol 2. cast to come back)

I definitely agree with this! X-Men has so many characters, so what's the problem of focusing on new characters who were introduced? I would definitely like to see an X-Men book focus on brand new characters and actually give them development that could match them up with the older X-Men.

Sadly, I fear by introducing more mutants into the world, you get too many sidelined. And then Marvel would have to think of another House of M situation to decrease that number to a more tolerable number.

What I didn't like about House of M is that all the fan-favourites kept their powers :\ and all the unpopular kids got blown up in a bus. literally.

I don't even know how Marvel can dig themselves out of the entire situation. Do I hear Reboot?

I have a feeling that a reboot would have to come up eventually since the current X-Men books are getting a little confusing since there are so many different titles with so many different situations happening to the characters.

Even though Marvel NOW! is a reboot/ launch (which are more or less the same thing). Sheesh, the X-Men are pretty much reboot after reboot. Muir Island Saga (which I definitely say, was awesome), Counter X, Revolution, House Of M, Regenesis, Marvel NOW, we've had two reboots in about a year. I don't think Marvel should do something like the New 52, because then it would gain a lot of criticism for copying DC's idea, but then again, Armageddon 2001's idea came from The Evolutionary War.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dangallant984

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

for a minute there, when Sam was the rock of Rogue's team and Dani was the only character to actually be mentoring the students, it almost seemed like this would've been the next logical step. Who knows, if Sam had stood up to Cyclops instead of Wolverine, that might've been how it turned out.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tomchu

@dangallant984 said:

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@tomchu said:

for a minute there, when Sam was the rock of Rogue's team and Dani was the only character to actually be mentoring the students, it almost seemed like this would've been the next logical step. Who knows, if Sam had stood up to Cyclops instead of Wolverine, that might've been how it turned out.

I find it sad that Marvel never really let their characters grow up. When Cyclops was married and had little Cable in his hands, Claremont was done writing him, he's grown up, did his work, retired and moved on. Marvel, being able to profit, decided to write Cyclops back in, douchebagging it up, and leave his wife and child so that he can run off and make X-Factor.

Marvel needs to let characters die, or retire, and get on with life :\ Fair enough, fan response would bring that dead/ retired character back eventually, but let the little guys shine while the moments there.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By dangallant984

@tomchu: while I do think that Cyclops has had a very colourful and singular character development because of this (the first time he tried to go live a normal life,he got lost in the Bermuda triangle!), I still have to agree with your point whole-heartedly.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By SUNMAN

smaller number of students. Drop a lot of the teachers. Keep Kitty and Wolverine. Drop some other ones like Storm

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By dangallant984

@SUNMAN: yeah, I like Storm leading the X-men, but there are probably better suited characters for the staff.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cattlebattle
    @tomchu said:

Yes!!

The X-Men were always about growth and change....If someone would have told me when I was twelve that the X-Men comics would still focus on the same characters and the same themes in 15 years I would have shat myself.
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomchu said:

I really wish that would happen.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@SUNMAN said:

smaller number of students. Drop a lot of the teachers. Keep Kitty and Wolverine. Drop some other ones like Storm

Definitely keep Kitty, Storm and Beast at the school. Take out the other teachers.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rickbarry

Call Jason Aaron up to the boss man's office and lay him with one of these.

Either that or cancel the series.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Rickbarry said:

Call Jason Aaron up to the boss man's office and lay him with one of these.

Either that or cancel the series.

I think that might be a good idea...

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#63  Edited By knighthood

I wouldn't change much. Get rid of Deathlock and add a few more threats instead of the teeny bop Hellfire Club and some silly circus. Overall I didn't like the circus arc, but obviously Aaron was trying to play homage to X-Men #111 so I'm okay with.

No Caption Provided
    knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

#64  Edited By knighthood

WatXM reminds me of this older X-Men issue.

No Caption Provided

If you want serious X-books there are plenty other titles to choose from. So my only concern is that the core characters to this title (Quentin Quire and ect) won't be developed much.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PassionFlower

@PhoenixoftheTides: For me the shtick has run out.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By poisonfleur

Wolverine Storm and the X-men

Fixed! :D

Lol But seriously, the whole 'Wolverine and' the X-men gets under my skin. It's a slap in the face to a lot of the other x-men...

It's like Jossie and the Pussycats...

He already has a few solos.... :/ Give a chance for other x-men to shine.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dangallant984

@knighthood said:

If you want serious X-books there are plenty other titles to choose from. So my only concern is that the core characters to this title (Quentin Quire and ect) won't be developed much.

that's pretty much how I feel about it at this point too.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#68  Edited By krspaceT

Give the X-Men to DC and all will be fixed

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dangallant984 said:

@knighthood said:

that's pretty much how I feel about it at this point too.

Exactly!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.