Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

"Wolverine & The X-Men" and "The Hellfire Saga"

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

Looks like Husk has joined the Irene Adler School? May as well kill her off now.

Awful title.

Link here.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just Turrible. Turrible, Turrible!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By poisonfleur

Well S#!+....

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's an awful X-Book, I dropped it after AvX coz it was getting sillier and siller

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand Mystique mentoring young mutants (see Rogue), but why is the rest of the staff there? Sabertooth? Karl Lykos maybe, but Sauron?

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You what would make this book great? No word bubbles or captions of any kind. All issues are silent issues with just that Art Adams like art to look at. I wonder if Marvel needs a consultant? Nah...

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By M3th

Wait wait... Mystique has a school now? So Wolverine, Cyclops, and Mystique have their own school?

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dropped the book shortly after Aaron started throwing characters under the bus to make other ones appear normal. The sillyness was actually a selling point of the book, but it hasn't changed at all since it's conception. I'd get it for a nephew or younger cousin, but other than that? Not worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Did I see Sauron in there? He deserves better than this.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

wait wait, did i read that MONDO like Gen X mondo was in this, only as a female that looks like mojo? some one please tell me i totally misread that

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn: I don't think it's supposed to be the same Mondo.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ChocolateFrogs

I've finally dropped this title after I realized it was losing its original charm. I should have dropped it after AvX, but just did now. Really though only 1-8 are worth it (and 17). AvX ruined everything.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stoked for the Hellfire Saga, love this book. Deal with it.

Avatar image for the_goddess_of_chaos
    The_Goddess_of_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope it has noting to do with jean grey and quentin quire

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Marvel is ruining Husk for me!!!!!!!!!!!

This "school" concept is too much now! A few years ago we all (well me at least) wanted another "academy" book like Academy X/New X-Men was... well.... now... I just want a really good team title. None of these new characters in Wolverine and the X-Men are compelling enough to develop their own fan following!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ Husk.

Aaron tries, he really does, even heard that the most recent issue was somewhat likeable, but these concepts...his ideas, they're just not for the X-Men. Bendis included. Get them off pls.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daycrawler

@dman1366 said:

I'm stoked for the Hellfire Saga, love this book. Deal with it.

You ain't alone! I'm loving this book too and looking forward to the Hellfire Saga. Bradshaw's back too. Woop-woop!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, Bradshaw.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, Bradshaw.

Purely out of interest, who do you rate highly as an artist?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

In no particular order: David Lopez, Marc Silvestri, Phil Jimmenez, Adrian Alphona, Salvador Larroca (well, he was), Olivier Coipel, Paco Medina, Michael Ryan, Russel Dautterman and the guy who penciled The Umbrella Academy (entire series was mind-blowing).

Honorary mention for Jorge Molina and Mahmud Asrar.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

In no particular order: David Lopez, Marc Silvestri, Phil Jimmenez, Adrian Alphona, Salvador Larroca (well, he was), Olivier Coipel, Paco Medina, Michael Ryan, Russel Dautterman and the guy who penciled The Umbrella Academy (entire series was mind-blowing).

Nice list, though Silvestri and Medina can sometimes be a bit meh for me. And Larroca's layouts can be i bit confusing at times.

For me, currently, it would have to be Stuart Immonen, Nick Bradshaw, Steve Epting, Daniel Acuna, Fraser Irving, Kevin O'Neill (Nemesis the Warlock is amazing), Leinil Francis Yu, Olivier Coipel, David Marquez, Jerome Opena, Dustin Weaver and Mike Choi. And I seem to be one of the few that still like JRJR's work. Plus a shout out to David Aja too.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

Nice list, though Silvestri and Medina can sometimes be a bit meh for me. And Larroca's layouts can be i bit confusing at times.

For me, currently, it would have to be Stuart Immonen, Nick Bradshaw, Steve Epting, Daniel Acuna, Fraser Irving, Kevin O'Neill (Nemesis the Warlock is amazing), Leinil Francis Yu, Olivier Coipel, David Marquez, Jerome Opena, Dustin Weaver and Mike Choi. And I seem to be one of the few that still like JRJR's work. Plus a shout out to David Aja too.

Yeah, Larroca's art is the colossal step-down from what he used to be. I'm not sure whether it's the fact that Liquid! coloring has ominously vanished from the face of the Earth, or the fact that he now just scribbles everything without paying attention to the finer details--understanding there's a deadline and all, but it's telling.

Liked your list too, big fan of Yu, Opena and Choi.

But i do loathe JRJR, always have, made me skip some of the latter issues of Uncanny when i went to do some back-reading as his art was getting blockier and blockier.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Some awesome artists being thrown down in here.

I kind of only really like Larroca when it's Frank D'Armata doing the coloring. His work is just...ugh, amazing. And Choi's work takes a big step down when it's not Oback doing his coloring.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daycrawler

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

Yeah, Larroca's art is the colossal step-down from what he used to be. I'm not sure whether it's the fact that Liquid! coloring has ominously vanished from the face of the Earth, or the fact that he now just scribbles everything without paying attention to the finer details--understanding there's a deadline and all, but it's telling.

But i do loathe JRJR, always have, made me skip some of the latter issues of Uncanny when i went to do some back-reading as his art was getting blockier and blockier.

I totally get why people hate JRJR's work, but there's just something about it that I really like. Just re-reading all the Fatal Attractions era stuff he did on Uncanny and I love it. Each to their own though, lol. If you want to see ugly art, then Rob Liefield, Steve Skroce, Jae Lee and Joe Quesada were all doing some pretty hideous work round about the same time '(93 - '94).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

I totally get why people hate JRJR's work, but there's just something about it that I really like. Just re-reading all the Fatal Attractions era stuff he did on Uncanny and I love it. Each to their own though, lol. If you want to see ugly art, then Rob Liefield, Steve Skroce, Jae Lee and Joe Quesada were all doing some pretty hideous work round about the same time '(93 - '94).

Jae Lee's art is beautiful.

No Caption Provided

JRJR's work looks like something an amateur cartoonist could draw. I don't get how he's supposedly iconic.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daycrawler

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@daycrawler said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Ugh, Bradshaw.

Jae Lee's art is beautiful.

No Caption Provided

JRJR's work looks like something an amateur cartoonist could draw. I don't get how he's supposedly iconic.

No,no, I like Jae Lees work too. His covers on the Aaron run of Wolverine were amazing and the stuff he did for the Marvel Knights Inhumans series was fantastic too. I just did not like his stuff on the early 90's X-Factor run (round about X-Cutioner's Song). Was too rough around the edges and over the top for my liking. He's absolutely a fantastic artist now though. Shoulda maybe mentioned that in my last post!

Bit harsh on 'ol JRJR though. Like I said, can get why people don't like him, but wouldn't rate his work as amateur cartoonist. Guy has a firm grasp on anatomy, composition and layouts and his character work (expressions, etc) convey what is required of the story very well, it's just his style that's not to everyone's taste. He's no Liefield who is amateurish and lack many of the skills the JRJR possesses imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.