Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Will Spiral and Longshot ever become lovers again?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthfury78

I was wondering if Longshot will ever regain his memories of Ricochet Rita, his former love interest? For some reason, the writers have not created a story that would allow Longshot to experience flashback memories of his time with Ricochet Rita.

It's quite obvious that Spiral has a grudge towards Longshot that might be the result of abandonment when his memories were erased of her. At the same time, Spiral love for Longshot is still intact, although twisted to the point where she gets frustrated emotionally whenever he is around.

What are the chances that Spiral and Longshot will become lovers again? I never understood why the writers paired him up with Dazzler instead of continuing the relationship with Rita that was left off after the LS mini series ended. I always liked Rita's personality because it complimented Longshot free spirited persona.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I would rather have Dazzler and Long-shot back together, now THAT'S a couple

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By IllyanaRasputin
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " I would rather have Dazzler and Long-shot back together, now THAT'S a couple "
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

Yep. Dazzler + Longshot = Awesomness
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @darthfury78: I gotta agree with you.  They were a great couple.  Dazzler was great for Longshot too, but Rita was a heavier hitter... all without powers too.

As for Spiral, I don't think Longshot is aware that Spiral was Rita.   

Longshot has been turned into a bit of a man-tart lapping up all the attention he gets (and what was with the casual one-night stand he & Dazzler had in the X-Factor Nation X one-shot?) but it would be a nice touch if he remembered Rita one day...
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Thunderscream

Yeah....I'm kinda glad they split (Longshot and Dazz, that is). Their relationship and supposed miscarriage were so mishandled that it just doesn't seem worth saving, and I prolly wouldn't revisit his interaction with Spiral either. I know alot of people love this Rogue/Gambit/Magneto business....which I think is totally gross since Mags is, what? 60 or something? ....but I liked the bit of competition between Dazzler and Rogue for Longshot's affection back in the 80s....and I kinda hoped Rogue would win. I think they'd make a totally cute couple now that her powers are under control. I'd also like to see Dazzler get cozy with Iceman, he needs some lovin ;)
    Spiral should get better acquainted with Mr. Sinister...yeah, I know he's dead/created a female clone of himself or whatever, but you know he'll resurface sooner or later with all his man parts in tact, and he and ol' 6-arms have alot in comman, messing with genetic material and playing all the angles against each other and somehow always disappearing with a grin on their face whether they win or lose.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Thunderscream said:
    "Spiral should get better acquainted with Mr. Sinister...yeah, I know he's dead/created a female clone of himself or whatever, but you know he'll resurface sooner or later with all his man parts in tact, and he and ol' 6-arms have alot in comman, messing with genetic material and playing all the angles against each other and somehow always disappearing with a grin on their face whether they win or lose. "
    I absolutely LOVE that idea!
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thunderscream
    @xerox-kitty: I'm actually workin up a story (extreeeeemely slowly) that'll make its way to the Gene Game thread where Sinister & Spiral run an underground gene experimentation lab, combining mutant DNA with various royal alien/godly/otherworldly species to gain political power on all fronts. They also have Gambit, a Malice possessed Psylocke and Shinobi Shaw on staff, training the hybrids :)

One of the hybrids is actually the spawn of Rogue and Longshot (named Starshot) whose purpose was to overthrow Mojo as revenge for his abuse of Spiral while she served him.
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darthfury78

If Longshot's memories of Rita does return(One way or another), then all roads lead to Spiral. What would his reaction be when he learns that his former love interest is no other than the person who wants to kill him. I might be a very longtime before we see that event unfold.  

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

PAD was asked if Shatterstar's new powers are connected to Spiral: 

Does Shatterstar have more powers than we've seen so far? I have this feeling that he has a more direct connection to Spiral, and this new teleportation power is just the first part of that we are seeing…

See, there's the thing, Trae – if I say, "No, I'm not holding back anything, and there's no tie-in with Spiral," then I'm limiting myself because six months from now I might suddenly be hit with a really great idea as to how to tie that in. If I say, "Yes, definitely," then I'm blowing a potential reveal. If I say, "Maybe," then I'm just being vague.

So I'll just say no. Yes. Well...maybe.

Which made me realise that there's also the connection with Longshot in X-Factor as well.  It sounds like PAD's planning on something in the distant future.  But not with Rita, I fear.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By karrob
    @AgeofHurricane said:
    " I would rather have Dazzler and Long-shot back together, now THAT'S a couple "
    Redalert_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Redalert_27
    @xerox-kitty: Im pretty sure Mr. Sinister is already back.......check the new X-23 series out.
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By oldgum

He'd better get some X-Factor girls, after Madrox's Marriage LOL.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Redalert_27: I wasn't saying that.  I said it's a great idea that he & Spiral should team-up.
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darthfury78

There are times when I believe that Spiral x Longshot are Marvel's version of Big Brada x Mr. Miracle. Spiral's actions towards Longshot might be an opposite reflection of Barda if she considered Scott Free as a person of interest(enemy). You have to admit that Barda would hunt Scott down like a dog if she saw him as someone who betrayed her. Does anyone else feel the same way about this analogy?

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thunderscream

The thing with Longshot and Dazzler is that whoever the writer was at the time was pretty much recreating the Scott/Madelyne/Cable story and building Shatterstar's origin as a parallel to that. Supposedly, Shatterstar was going to be Longshot and Dazzy's son from the future (which is why he's able to channel light energy through his sword).....then they changed it to him sharing a soul with some kid named Benjamin even though it'd been stated that he was grown in a tube and had been betrothed to some waif named Windsong. The whole thing was a big fat mess. Hold on, I gotta go back and read his origin....I confused myself.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By darthfury78

Does anyone else thinks that Lady Deathstrike and Spiral share some similarities:

Lady Deathstrike: Bloodlust and an obsession for Logan
    Spiral: Bloodlust and an obsession for Longshot

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Fashion Was Never A Strong Point Of Spiral's; It's Hard To Find Clothes with 6 Arm-Holes :p
    Fashion Was Never A Strong Point Of Spiral's; It's Hard To Find Clothes with 6 Arm-Holes :p
    @darthfury78:
    That's probably how they ended up workin together; both sat crying in the corner of the Villainesses Spurned Lovers Club ;p
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darthfury78

Sometimes it might be interesting to see the Villainesses gets their respective men as their lover, like The Enchantress x Thor, Emma Frost x Cyclops. It's long overdue for Spiral x Longshot and Deathstrike x Logan.
    darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthfury78

Hello everyone,
    I have a theory as to why Spiral hates Longshot so much. 

Longshot is the creation by a man who Spiral despise : Arize. Therefore, Longshot is an indirect extension of her hatred towards Arize. Everytime Spiral sees Longshot, she is reminded of what Arize did to her. She is constantly reminded of what she has lost: her life as Rita Wayword and the love she shared with Longshot. So the question is: Why is she in the present timestream instead of her proper era after she was created in the Mojoverse? Perhaps she wants to prevent the nightmare that Arize will do to her sometime in the future. Thus Spiral is waiting for that moment to occur so that she could stop. Why does she still have feelings for Longshot even though he has not yet regained his memories of her fromer identity? 

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By riri4life

Nah...he already has baby-momma drama w/ Ali (allegedly)

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By darthfury78

Longshot hasn't been with Dazzler in a long time.

krisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By krisis

This thread is made of win. You guys pointed out all sorts of stuff I've forgotten or missed - Longshot not knowing Spiral is Rita, Shatterstar being set up as a Cable-like baby, etc.

As to the title question, I'm of two minds. Dazzler and Longshot is another nostalgia coupling (a-hem, Rogue and Magneto), and I don't want to see it return just for the purpose of sending us all back to the 80s. On the other hand, if it meant that Peter David would borrow Dazzler from Uncanny, I'd be all for it (though, Kieron Gillen claims he wants to use her, and that intrigues me). 

Ultimately, the way David is writing Longshot I don't think I really need to see him in a relationship. I feel like it would be slightly repetitive of what he's doing with Shatterstar.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darthfury78

I believe that Spiral and Longshot will one day come to an understanding for each other. After that, Spiral might rekindle her romantic relationship with him in the near future. 

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have Rita and Longshot rekindled their relationship?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.