Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why have the O5 not had THAT long talk with Adult Cyke yet ?

• 83 results
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By fodigg

I agree that it's overdue. Why even "join cyclops' team" if they're not going to have that talk? If the only teacher contact was kitty, there was really no reason to put those teams in the same base of operations. And now they're off with the Guardians in space and Wolverine/Cyclops are drinking buddies again so it's likely that this talk will never happen or will happen long after it was relevant.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By XsPectre28

@fodigg said:

I agree that it's overdue. Why even "join cyclops' team" if they're not going to have that talk? If the only teacher contact was kitty, there was really no reason to put those teams in the same base of operations. And now they're off with the Guardians in space and Wolverine/Cyclops are drinking buddies again so it's likely that this talk will never happen or will happen long after it was relevant.

agreed

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By M3th

Avoiding the Cyclops debate/discussion/argument/wHatever, MetH tHinks tHe O5 Haven't talked to Summers because tHey are intimidated.

For all tHe Hate He gets He's a prominent figure in tHe Mutant community and in tHe Marvel U. Plus, tHe O5 do Have a strong emotional attacHment to Scott Summers.

THe O5 are close friends witH Summers, one was His 1St love, and anotHer IS a younger Scott Summers.

Yes tHey scanned Beast but McCoy's mind freaked Grey out. WHy would anyone be in a rusH to talk to tHe controversial prominent figure wHo is tHe core reason tHeO5 are Here.

Besides tHey are acting like spoiled brats tHat don't want to return to tHeir own time.

PS

Summers' was rigHt, deal witH it.

June'sVeryOwn

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bendis lmfao.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

More teachers should join with cyclops. Whats next i heard Wolverine is leaving his school and working for a bad guy to get his badguy/thug staus back??? I dont want to see wolverine join cyclops team

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

More teachers should join with cyclops. Whats next i heard Wolverine is leaving his school and working for a bad guy to get his badguy/thug staus back??? I dont want to see wolverine join cyclops team

Seems like Bendis is "Trying" to put things back in order. In order to do that he'll have to put Cyclops back in his pre-Apocalypse possession mindset. its gonan take a whole lot of time to fix the crap that became Cyke's character since the "twelve" story.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@fodigg said:

Seems like Bendis is "Trying" to put things back in order. In order to do that he'll have to put Cyclops back in his pre-Apocalypse possession mindset. its gonan take a whole lot of time to fix the crap that became Cyke's character since the "twelve" story.

Yup but is cyclops ever going to stand trial or is he going to wait until xavier "come back from the dead"? Maybe Cyclops would make a deal with SHIELD like if he lets everyone go he would go back to jail. Plus i mean Magneto was on trial in the 80's and he was found innocent, why cant Scott? Although Magneto at that time was pretending to be good and then secretly worked with the Hellfire Club

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@avenger85 said:

@fodigg said:

Yup but is cyclops ever going to stand trial or is he going to wait until xavier "come back from the dead"? Maybe Cyclops would make a deal with SHIELD like if he lets everyone go he would go back to jail. Plus i mean Magneto was on trial in the 80's and he was found innocent, why cant Scott? Although Magneto at that time was pretending to be good and then secretly worked with the Hellfire Club

The thing you should be really worried about is wether Cyclops' newly gained popularity and "fans" that jumped on his bandwagon after AvX will still remain to support the character in the long run ( unlike the people who like the REAL Cyclops since back in the days of X-Factor).

Otherwise they're gonna throw him in the gutter again and go back to shoving Wolverine down our throats.

I think Cyclops is gonna get dumped on by Marvel once the whole "Cyclops Was Right" movement loses it's steam.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By hart7668

Mutants aren't a separate species. They can make babies with "normal humans." That, by definition, does not speciate them. Different race, maybe. Different species? Nahhh. Want proof? Look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

I'll read up on BoTA and Marvel Now Uncanny (and the other) X-Men titles to come back to this question.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By darthphoenix

scott was right!

wanda is a pain in the ass. no more mutants shit should have depowered her too. good thing shes dead.

jean wasnt possessed. it was the pf who went berserk, it was not jean

regarding namor, blame it on captain america.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
    IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simply saying "Cyclops was right" or "Cyclops was wrong" is a fine example of groupthinking. Cyclops was "right" at the beginning, until he became a fascist. Cable in Deadpool and Cable was a better example of what Cyclops was striving to be. In the end, he killed people for disagreeing with him, and murdering someone because they don't agree with your dogma is never right.

On a more personal level, I find him bland and self-righteous, but that's just the way he's written.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Simply saying "Cyclops was right" or "Cyclops was wrong" is a fine example of groupthinking. Cyclops was "right" at the beginning, until he became a fascist. Cable in Deadpool and Cable was a better example of what Cyclops was striving to be. In the end, he killed people for disagreeing with him, and murdering someone because they don't agree with your dogma is never right.

On a more personal level, I find him bland and self-righteous, but that's just the way he's written.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who exactly has he killed when they didn't agree with him, ignoring Xavier due to phoenix influence? how exactly is he behaving like a fascist?

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who exactly has he killed when they didn't agree with him, ignoring Xavier due to phoenix influence? how exactly is he behaving like a fascist?

Forcing "peace" upon everyone with raw power, imprisoning dissenters, allowing the destruction of a city, allowing the even more fascistic activities of Emma Frost to take place - and Xavier wasn't 100% Phoenix influence, and nor was it self defence. Dark Phoenix came after he killed Charlie

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't kids, tHe "o5," be intimidated to talk to tHe prominent controversial person wHo is blamed for everytHing and wHo tHey are so emotionally invested in?

June'sVeryOwn

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LordMordor

ah, I see your position then.

That argument is just going to boil down to how much influence from the PF each of us thinks is enough to put him into "not in his right state of mind / not in control of himself" So nevermind.

Though I will say there was more going on than what your focusing on, and prior to PF arriving there were similar actions being used by Cap and the Avengers in regards to enforcing their position via power and imprisoning dissent. both parties were written weirdly in AvX though.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That argument is just going to boil down to how much influence from the PF each of us thinks is enough to put him into "not in his right state of mind / not in control of himself" So nevermind.

Though I will say there was more going on than what your focusing on, and prior to PF arriving there were similar actions being used by Cap and the Avengers in regards to enforcing their position via power and imprisoning dissent. both parties were written weirdly in AvX though.

Yeah, exactly, that is what tends to happen - which does make arguments like those a little pointless.

True, true, but once the five got the Phoenix force, they became much harsher and unforgiving in their actions. The Avengers seemed to want to recruit, rather than enslave (compare mutants coming to Charles of their own free will vs. Emma forcing mutants to think "happy thoughts"). But yes, when they were both evenly matched, the Avengers were fairly heavy-handed themselves, you are correct. But for the most part, it seems, Cyclops was a little too over-the-top in his usage of power, in my opinion.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he killed about 20,000 people while under the phoenix influence, well according to beast in uncanny volume two

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor said:

Yeah, exactly, that is what tends to happen - which does make arguments like those a little pointless.

True, true, but once the five got the Phoenix force, they became much harsher and unforgiving in their actions. The Avengers seemed to want to recruit, rather than enslave (compare mutants coming to Charles of their own free will vs. Emma forcing mutants to think "happy thoughts"). But yes, when they were both evenly matched, the Avengers were fairly heavy-handed themselves, you are correct. But for the most part, it seems, Cyclops was a little too over-the-top in his usage of power, in my opinion.

Oh so scott didnt completely lose his mind until after he killed Xavier and then became dark phoenix? well that changes everything, i have to rethink this......

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LordMordor

I've actually had discussions of this nature with a friend of mine rather frequently...we both kind of game the conclusion that while the Phoenix 5 were pretty much destined to go dark by the end of the arc (come on, how boring would an arc entitled "Phoenix 5 fix all the worlds problems" be)...it wasn't until Namor that things really went south. While reading the arc and seeing who the five were...we were wondering who the first to really succumb to its influence would be...we both said "Namor or Emma" at the same time. Prior to larger portions of the PF being distributed, the other members were for the most part level headed. (though it was Emma who told Namor the location of Hope)

prior to this, the X-men were still willingly following them, and actually enjoying using their respective powers to fix the worlds issues (hunger, power, ect). When the Avengers stormed Utopia and took Hope, Avengers tower was sealed, and the X-men collectively went around the world looking for Hope/Wanda and shutting down Avenger operations. Captives were placed in X-brig (not limbo), and they weren't supposed to kill (Magik attempted to kill Wanda for M-day, and Emma almost killed Hawkeye in a rage after he shot her), Scott chastised them after while healing him. With the Avengers disabled, he was just going to let them be and let the world come to accept what the five were doing, leaving the Avengers looking like renegades.

Namor directly attacking Wakanda, falling, and then splitting his portion of the PF is what started the downward spiral. That's when Magik started imprisoning people in Limbo, Colossus started trying to give Whales legs, and Emma started killing people who she thought deserved it for whatever dark actions she could find in their heads. After Magik and Colossus went down, Scott was still attempting to talk people down first and avoiding killing...but Emma had basically lost it, forcing the X-men to bow and wanted to just burn the world and start over, Scott disagreed, but could not remember why he should. They were both lost at that point, Scott took Emma's portion, killed Xavier and went DF.

I would say I agree with your position once the Phoenix 5 became the phoenix 4.....Namor's fall in my mind was the straw that broke the camels back and is the point where the group were no longer really in full control of themselves.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

@lordmordor said:

Oh so scott didnt completely lose his mind until after he killed Xavier and then became dark phoenix? well that changes everything, i have to rethink this......

No, s'not what I said. He was on the bad path, totalitarianism, etc. from the start, but after killing Xavier he became a mindless monster. That's not debatable. We were discussing his actions before that tipping point.

I've actually had discussions of this nature with a friend of mine rather frequently...we both kind of game the conclusion that while the Phoenix 5 were pretty much destined to go dark by the end of the arc (come on, how boring would an arc entitled "Phoenix 5 fix all the worlds problems" be)...it wasn't until Namor that things really went south. While reading the arc and seeing who the five were...we were wondering who the first to really succumb to its influence would be...we both said "Namor or Emma" at the same time. Prior to larger portions of the PF being distributed, the other members were for the most part level headed. (though it was Emma who told Namor the location of Hope)

prior to this, the X-men were still willingly following them, and actually enjoying using their respective powers to fix the worlds issues (hunger, power, ect). When the Avengers stormed Utopia and took Hope, Avengers tower was sealed, and the X-men collectively went around the world looking for Hope/Wanda and shutting down Avenger operations. Captives were placed in X-brig (not limbo), and they weren't supposed to kill (Magik attempted to kill Wanda for M-day, and Emma almost killed Hawkeye in a rage after he shot her), Scott chastised them after while healing him. With the Avengers disabled, he was just going to let them be and let the world come to accept what the five were doing, leaving the Avengers looking like renegades.

Namor directly attacking Wakanda, falling, and then splitting his portion of the PF is what started the downward spiral. That's when Magik started imprisoning people in Limbo, Colossus started trying to give Whales legs, and Emma started killing people who she thought deserved it for whatever dark actions she could find in their heads. After Magik and Colossus went down, Scott was still attempting to talk people down first and avoiding killing...but Emma had basically lost it, forcing the X-men to bow and wanted to just burn the world and start over, Scott disagreed, but could not remember why he should. They were both lost at that point, Scott took Emma's portion, killed Xavier and went DF.

I would say I agree with your position once the Phoenix 5 became the phoenix 4.....Namor's fall in my mind was the straw that broke the camels back and is the point where the group were no longer really in full control of themselves.

Agreed completely. Namor's assault, Emma's mental subjugation/"cleansing" and Colossus' grandiosity were all huge factors, and I imagine that Scott would've done things differently if it wasn't for the effects of the DP.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

@lordmordor said:

No, s'not what I said. He was on the bad path, totalitarianism, etc. from the start, but after killing Xavier he became a mindless monster. That's not debatable. We were discussing his actions before that tipping point.

@lordmordor said:

Agreed completely. Namor's assault, Emma's mental subjugation/"cleansing" and Colossus' grandiosity were all huge factors, and I imagine that Scott would've done things differently if it wasn't for the effects of the DP.

But I still dont get how they can be Phoenix and then their buttons get pushed and they turn Dark Phoenix. I mean when "jean grey" went dark phoenix, it was because the phoenix lost control of its "human" emotions(not to mention the hellfire club pushing the buttons).

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im going to chalk that up to more weird AvX writing issues. The phoenix in AvX seemed to function differently than its other appearances. The phoenix was always portrayed as sentient...basically being a complete personality within the host. Hell in Endsong it was coming to earth because it thought it was in love with Scott or something like that.

But in AvX is was more portrayed as just a force or power source. I think the only time it actually spoke during the whole event was when Sinister briefly captured it in UXM, and Emma had a conversation with it to get it to break free.

Maybe it had something to do with it being split in pieces, idk

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

agreed

I heard uncanny x-men 18 kitty will have it out with adult scott, whatever that means

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28 said:

@fodigg said:

agreed

I heard uncanny x-men 18 kitty will have it out with adult scott, whatever that means

She is going to be upset about Scott sending the kids out on a training exercise without any support.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: What this guy said.

im going to chalk that up to more weird AvX writing issues. The phoenix in AvX seemed to function differently than its other appearances. The phoenix was always portrayed as sentient...basically being a complete personality within the host. Hell in Endsong it was coming to earth because it thought it was in love with Scott or something like that.

But in AvX is was more portrayed as just a force or power source. I think the only time it actually spoke during the whole event was when Sinister briefly captured it in UXM, and Emma had a conversation with it to get it to break free.

Maybe it had something to do with it being split in pieces, idk

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Eeshaan1685

bleh, Bendis.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

This, plus you know --- Bendis.

Enough already with the right/wrong crap. The entire arc was crap, period.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: Really? I kinda liked the actions and battles, as well as various character's real personalities coming through. But to each their own, I guess.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By lykopis

@iheartzombies92:

To each their own, agreed. I don't feel as you do in terms of characters' real personalities coming through but to be more clear, I wasn't happy about Schism and the P5 was a continuation of that discontent.

I'm still in for the ride, though. That says something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.