Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Why don't the mutants or inhumans go to Mars?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, it looks like were building toward a war between inhuman and mutantkind. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that the battle is completely avoidable. Either race could go to Mars, the planet is fully terraformed and ready for colonization. This is one of the few times in history where both races have a choice on whether or not to stay on Earth. I know it would be much more complicated that how it sounds, for an entire race of superhumans to take a exodus to another planet, but it's a option. The war between the two isn't necessary.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darkpesmerga10

@william300: Well technically if that was the solution, it only make sense for the inhumans to leave. Then agian that was when the only inhumans really lived on the moon. Now that a bunch of in humans have been made into inhumans, asking them or mutants to leave the planet is like asking your family to leave your house because you are fighting with your neighbors. The mentality of a normal person will be, why do i have to uplift my life and not them?. the only solution is war or compromise, but i don't see either one of them leaving without a fight.

I hope theirs a war and i hope cyclops grab blackbolt and fires his eyebeams down his throat. Then have emma and stepford sisters trap scarlet which in a nightmare were she lives the rest of her life watching her nonexistent kids that she loves so much die over and over again. haha i'm still mad she has not been punished for M-day.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: the thing is a war wouldn't solve anything either. the terrigen mist is still in the atmosphere, it looks like the rumors that it's poisonous to mutants is true. even if the X-MEN beat the Inhumans there's no guarantee that they can get rid of the mist, Earth may be uninhabitable to mutantkind either way.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@darkpesmerga10: the thing is a war wouldn't solve anything either. the terrigen mist is still in the atmosphere, it looks like the rumors that it's poisonous to mutants is true. even if the X-MEN beat the Inhumans there's no guarantee that they can get rid of the mist, Earth may be uninhabitable to mutantkind either way.

im pretty sure the popular theory around here is that the mutants are already off planet, not sure if its Mars or not but yea

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: That is true, but i see it going down the path of If we can't live on this planet then niether will you. Plus man if i was a mutant i would wage war on the inhumans for poisoning my home to me. I know alot of people see it as dumb, and im curious to see where most of the mutants are hiding. Also it seems not all the earth is poison since there are mutants ruining around outside new york. I just feel frustration if blackbolt gets away with T-misting the whole earth.

I honestly don't mind if mutants go to their own world with their own adventure. I'd rather they stayed though, and fought for their place on the planet.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

@darkpesmerga10: You know the reason Black Bolt did that was because Franklin Richards told him too as a part to save the planet?

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: yeah i'm aware why he did it, but that's just silly writing. Plus not like earth really got saved just prolonged, other earth crashed into. Plus it is mentioned at some point Blackbolt wanted to detonate the bomb anyway.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Well you already have the Universal Inhumans, it wouldn't be hard for earth Inhumans to just join them since they did all rule the Kree Empire together at one point.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman

@darkpesmerga10: It wasn't about saving it was about survival until what we only assume was the final incursion which worked. The whole point of that arc was that there were too many things happening to Earth at the same time that they were unable for what came after.

@jonny_anonymous:I think the universal InHumans have pretty much been forgotten. I also think there was some alluding to a separation at some point.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@dernman: That was back when the Inhumans were interesting

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dernman

@jonny_anonymous: I don't have much interest in the universal InHumans beyond how it explains/ties into Yondu and his people. The stories were better though and I enjoyed their involvement with the Kree even if them just handing over control was a bit dumb. I think they can be good again but they just need another writer with the vision to make it so.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@william300: There's actually a habitable area of Mars now thanks to Ex Nihilo, so that would totally work.

I also wonder if Asgard would welcome the entire mutant race?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderscream: Actually why hasn't Asgard just landed their colony city there? I mean surely they'd prefer to have a whole planet instead of that one city.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: There's actually a habitable area of Mars now thanks to Ex Nihilo, so that would totally work.

I also wonder if Asgard would welcome the entire mutant race?

I mean is that common knowledge? Do the mutant head honchos who pretty much arent avengers know that is even an option? Not saying they would just curious

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Well Wolverine was both a X-MEN and Avengers member. And Canonball and Sunspot were recruited to deal with Ex Nihilo when he started to target Earth. So I assumed the X-MEN knew.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: Black Bolt would destroy more than 90% of mutants if he felt the need arise so Cyclops wouldn't be an issue.

And Scarlet Witch would not be trapped by the sisters or emma

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I don't see why they wouldn't know. Wolverine was an Avenger and the headmaster of the school when the whole Mars thing happened. Not to mention the X-MEN tend to get involved with their own space stuff. There's no reason they wouldn't know.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: why would scarlet witch not be trapped? And of coarse black bolt is OP. You would have to send heavy hitters against him. Phoenix Cyclops vs Blackbolt...that's not fair either their really no way to balance the two out. Cyclops wears earplugs :)

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@william300:

1- when did Mars get teraformed?

2- Probably cuz the Saturn (Titan) Eternals would start complaining, lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: There's no reason they would know "hey cyclops even though I never tell anyone what I do or where I go on a daily basis I want you to know there's this guy that terraformed Mars even though that has nothing to do with the x-men or mutants in general and hey on top of that maybe the avengers didn't want that info to be disclosed silly Ole me"-Wolverine

Just because they go into space doesn't mean they know everything that goes on because if they did they wouldn't have let Jean get kidnapped

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kgb725

@darkpesmerga10: SW is pretty powerful she could destroy them if need be

Ask Apocalypseabout those ear plugs lol

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Wolverine was the leader of the X-MEN. I think it would make sense if he kept them up to date on what was going on with the Avengers. It wouldn't make any sense for him to keep them in the dark on what was going on.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Yet he's routinely done it throughout his history.when has he ever told the x-men in full detail about what he does when he's away ?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope theirs a war and i hope cyclops grab blackbolt and fires his eyebeams down his throat. Then have emma and stepford sisters trap scarlet which in a nightmare were she lives the rest of her life watching her nonexistent kids that she loves so much die over and over again. haha i'm still mad she has not been punished for M-day.

Hehe, while I don't like Black Bolt being thrown under the bus right here, this is pretty funny :)

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I know, i am fan of both mutants and inhumans. Marvel is doing this to me. Putting my favorite mutant against my favorite inhuman in my head.

@kgb725: Both Thanos and Hulk wipe the floor with blackbolt. I'm not say blackbolt is weak i know he OP hes not invincible. SW is very powerful but her history proves she does not have a stable mind, if anything that would be weakness of hers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Um, because Mars sucks?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: That was different. In the past Logan's work outside of the X-MEN mainly consisted on him hunting down old enemies or doing black ops missions for S.H.I.E.L.D. Him being an Avenger could have direct effect on the X-MEN. Also, he was their headmaster and leader when the Mars incident happened, there's literally no reason Logan wouldn't have told Storm and the others. Logan may not like sharing but he was a responsible leader after he formed the school, he would have told them what was going on because the X-MEN may have needed to step in and help. Not to mention the Uncanny Avengers were formed around this time so Logan wasn't the only hero working both with the X-MEN and Avengers.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Mutants join shiar inhumans join kree again.

Problem solved

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: cyclops is honestly one of the worst characters ever and black bolt would melt cyclops before he could think

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthdeadpool: In your opinion. Seeing as hes always on a top 100 best marvel characters list, Theirs a high chance many people disagree. could be wrong though, and yes if Cyclops and Blackbolt fought fair. Cyclops would probably lose 99% of the time.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthdeadpool: In your opinion. Seeing as hes always on a top 100 best marvel characters list, Theirs a high chance many people disagree. could be wrong though, and yes if Cyclops and Blackbolt fought fair. Cyclops would probably lose 99% of the time.

that seems really one sided to say 99 percent of the time. Im not a expert blackbolt guy but i think thats a broad stroke and discrediting Cyclops Alot

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't they go to Lila Cheneys Dyson Sphere?? There was an actual timeline where mutants went there for sanctuary and preservation....oh wait, I suppose there would have to be continuity getting acknowledged for that so...never mind.

Fun Science Fact: NASA has recently found something that they hypothesize could potentially be a Dyson Sphere in space. Having the X-Men move to one would be teasing the line between imagination and reality.....you know, the kind of crap US super hero comics were built on.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cattlebattle: Take it down a notch with all that crazy space talk.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: I'm not trying to discredit cyclops, But cyclops strongest with a team. while on a tactical level cyclops is probably better then Blackbolt. Blackbolt is an super human (strength agility ect..) plus his potential planet shattering voice. Cyclops eye beams are powerful and if he lands a hit at full blast if possible he will beat Blackbolt. I believe you stick them in an open field Blackbolt has the advantage. Of coarse this is my opinion, i would rather have cyclops fair and square tear Blackbolt a new one.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkpesmerga10: I just think hes a better tactician then black bolt , is he better as a team sure i totally agree, however Im not evening saying he wins just that with his mind he will at least prove a challenge to the guy not get totally destroyed lol

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know, i am fan of both mutants and inhumans. Marvel is doing this to me. Putting my favorite mutant against my favorite inhuman in my head.

Both Thanos and Hulk wipe the floor with blackbolt. I'm not say blackbolt is weak i know he OP hes not invincible. SW is very powerful but her history proves she does not have a stable mind, if anything that would be weakness of hers.

Remember how Cyclops and BB fought Apocalypse together? sigh...

Tbf, Hulk dealt with Skrull Bolt, not the actual one :p And comparing Thanos and even Hulk to Cyclops... Nah. As strategists and leaders, totally, but rival combatants? Not really.

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Pretty sure i didn't compare cyclops to hulk or Thanos. Just said Blackbolt not invincible but on a completely different level then cyclops power wise. Also never stated i wanted a fair fight, pretty sure through my dialogue iv said that cyclops could not win against BB 1 on 1. Though like always depends on the writer, a writer could come along and say Cyclops lands 1 eye beam BB out of the fight.

@mcklayn: Just cause someone loses 99% of the time does not mean they are not putting up a challenge during the fight. I mean most super hero villains will always lose but we don't see them weak in anyway (unless you are condiment man, batman animated series). To be honest i think post schism cyclops probs has a good chance to come out on top couple times, at least i hope.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Why can't both races co-exist on earth.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: its not both races thats an issue but the mist that came with the arrival of inhumans that is kkilling mutants that is an issue

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@mcklayn said:

@kcomicfan: its not both races thats an issue but the mist that came with the arrival of inhumans that is kkilling mutants that is an issue

Marvel could easily get rid of the mist problem. IMO there is no reason to why one of the races should move to a different planet.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: What is this continuity you speak of lord??? Are thee a prophet or some sort of apparition come to toy with me??? Speak I say....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: Lila's Dyson Sphere would work just fine as a haven. With her teleporting it would be a great way to save mutants in danger. I think the idea of Europa or Haven could work well too for certain stories but the Dyson sphere is already there and makes great sense. Plus we get Lila Cheney which could bring us some interesting stories

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: can we get a Cannonball / Lila reunion?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: It would be nice but Cannonball is supposed to be with Smasher now which came out of nowhere so I doubt we see Sam anywhere near an X-book for a while. Maybe Lila can have a bigger role though

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: It would be nice but Cannonball is supposed to be with Smasher now which came out of nowhere so I doubt we see Sam anywhere near an X-book for a while. Maybe Lila can have a bigger role though

SCREW THAT this is a reboot, lets just erase all that silly Avenger stuff we needz all hands on deck darn it!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Oh don't get me wrong I'm all for it, but it seems that the stupid sh*t that makes no sense is what sticks like the O5 and the Iceman stupidity.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@mcklayn: Oh don't get me wrong I'm all for it, but it seems that the stupid sh*t that makes no sense is what sticks like the O5 and the Iceman stupidity.

I was so against a reboot when the rumors of avx would reboot the entire universe like the new 52 did dc, but by the time secret wars came around and they called it a reboot i was thinking OMG SALVATION we can totally ignore what bendis has done, get rid of 05 and not have a million silly recons that make no sense anyway. Oh well they lied, we are stuck and im sad :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.