Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who wants a real Hellfire club back?

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I want a new inner cercal one more in line with the older ones you know powerful mutants looking for more money and power not this group of D-bag kids.

So if such a thing were done who should be on the inner cercal?

My picks still need a little work but hear is what I have so far

Sebastian Shaw (BK)

Gambit (BB)

Task Master (WB)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do. The Hellfire Kids stretch belief so far that it takes the whole concept and makes it a joke. The X-Babies, for example, only existed in Mojo World.

I'd prefer a new Inner Circle with all new characters. with the current state of affairs, non-mutant metahumans or Mutates could also be in the cabal.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree. I've been saying for the longest that the Hellfire club run by kids is a joke. I'll take Sebastian Shaw. Even Sunspot should go back and take his spot from these kids.

I don't say Kilgore should be completely gone. I would say that he could be a kid genius that takes over his fathers business and all by murder but he should just be in the Hellfire club not the leader.

Empath should be there and Moonstone and Mortis also.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@bloodtalon: taskmaster isnt a mutant. but yeah the kiddy club has to go.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6  Edited By McKlayn

i would prefer a new hellfire club!

sadly however the kids were kind of growing on me before i dropped the title lol

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I HATE those freaking wannabe children.

And there is so much PIS that it's disgusting. I mean,they crazily amp up the intelligence of the children to the point that it's gaudy and stupidity.Somehow,they are always 99903285465364327864382746827368 steps ahead and it's freaking stupid. And their main theme seems to be that they just have money....that's it. I mean,it's freaking dumb.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG I HATE THEM LOL

Whos idea was to make them kids in the first place. I would either like a new hellfire club or the originals back either would be better than what its turned into now. What would be amazing is if the originals come back an kick the crizap of of the kids an take back the Hellfire club now that's something I would like to see happen.

WHOS WITH ME

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Hellfire kids should die old Hellions style. Joking aside, I really hope Marvel take these kids out or else just cancel the book. Most comic readers aren't kids anymore something this juvenile shouldn't be sold.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By knighthood

@hawk2916 said:

@knighthood said:

White King: Donald Pierce

White Queen: Sapphire Styx

White Rook: John Wraith

Black Rook: Lady Mastermind

Black Bishop: Black Tom Cassidy

Black Queen: Chimera

Black King: Howlett (New Character some distant relative of Wolvie that still has the Howlett money)

I like this.

Thanks. Obviously I chose Pierce and Lady Mastermind because of their existing connection with the Club. If I were to write this Pierce would seem to be the leader until Howlett is revealed much later (and of course with as much mystery as possible). Wraith and Styx have had run-ins with Logan in the past. Of course Wraith was an ex-teammate so I'd be kinda difficult to work him in, but I really like his power set and character history. Cassidy obviously has ties with Banshee and has been an X-Man villain for quite some time. Plus he always seemed Hellfire material to me. Chimera also has some history with Lady Mastermind, and IMO would be badass as a Black Queen.

Sapphire Styx
    Sapphire Styx

Sapphire Styx seems like a perfect White Queen candidate. She is a psychic vampire then needs to make physical contact to feed off her victims lifeforce. Since Pierce (Her White King) is mostly cyborg, her touch would have less affect on him.

I would love for someone to make this team.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Seriously these kids are a joke...

AnyaSon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want emma frost back to hellfire club

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anyason said:

i want emma frost back to hellfire club

Me too, but there are way too many Frost fanboys now. That's just not going to happen.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood:

Your group seems a little revenge oriented. I was thinking a bit more strait up crime for profit and power. you know not Dr. Doom "I want to rule the world with an iron fist" power more like "I can buy and sell you and I hang out with movie stars, sports stars, and lots of other cool people" power.

I really like your WQ choice as well as Black Tom I think they would fit well but Wraith I don't think he fits just not the same pretentiousness about him that the others have

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HAWK2916

@knighthood said:

@hawk2916 said:

@knighthood said:

White Rook: John Wraith

Black Queen: Chimera

Black King: Howlett (New Character some distant relative of Wolvie that still has the Howlett money)

I like this.

Thanks. Obviously I chose Pierce and Lady Mastermind because of their existing connection with the Club. If I were to write this Pierce would seem to be the leader until Howlett is revealed much later (and of course with as much mystery as possible). Wraith and Styx have had run-ins with Logan in the past. Of course Wraith was an ex-teammate so I'd be kinda difficult to work him in, but I really like his power set and character history. Cassidy obviously has ties with Banshee and has been an X-Man villain for quite some time. Plus he always seemed Hellfire material to me. Chimera also has some history with Lady Mastermind, and IMO would be badass as a Black Queen.

Sapphire Styx
    Sapphire Styx

Sapphire Styx seems like a perfect White Queen candidate. She is a psychic vampire then needs to make physical contact to feed off her victims lifeforce. Since Pierce (Her White King) is mostly cyborg, her touch would have less affect on him.

I would love for someone to make this team.

Yea I had forgotten about Sapphire Styx but she was great. Im not so sure about Wraith and a Howlett character. I guess Dog Logan could fill that role since he was adopted.

I was thinking maybe someone like Elias Bogan could come back. Empath would be good because of his powers and the revenge factor as well. Even Frederick Slade though he's the leader of Clan Akkaba

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and by the way, I made huge mistake in overlooking Mystique. She's gotta be part of this. She recently tried to by Madripoor and in Astonishing recently she talked about wanting power. She'd fit in perfectly

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By knighthood

@hawk2916 said:

Oh and by the way, I made huge mistake in overlooking Mystique. She's gotta be part of this. She recently tried to by Madripoor and in Astonishing recently she talked about wanting power. She'd fit in perfectly

Mystique is being used a bit too much. I admit Wraith and the Howlett are a bit of a stretch. I don't know much about Elias Bogan.

Empath is very interesting so he could be the White Rook or White Bishop. Benedict Kine could rejoin the Hellfire Club as well.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Oh God yes. I can't take these kids seriously and they have just become too much of a joke and it's not a funny joke that they can somehow keep evading and making the X-Men look like punks.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I find it hard to believe that they are able to out manuver the X-Men tactically all the time. Sometime the X-Men would be out manuvered by the old Hellfire Club but it was not a perminent arrangement. This new Hellfire Club seems to always be one steap ahead. I know writers want to protect their own creations but this is getting silly but this kiddy Hellfire club is downright stupid. I think Aaron is trying really hard to make them a credible threat but as they are all children it is just not believable.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not only do I want a formidable Hellfire Club back, I want the Hellfire brats to be brutally killed.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HAWK2916

Bella Donna would work in the Hellfire Club. I'd also bring back Shaw and Pierce as well as Elias Bogan. I'd add Sat-yr-9

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I want Selene and Shaw back. Emma would work well in returning to the Hellfire club now too.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Selene and Shaw back. Emma would work well in returning to the Hellfire club now too.

But i liked the fact that emma erase shaw's memory and now he might be a good person. He helped the x-kids esacpe the avnegers academy during avx. If emma or magneto can change why cant shaw? Although shaw joining the x-men is a bad idea he can just be a good person.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The xmen are running out of villains, we dont need anymore coming over to the xmen. I would prefer he remember what happened and really hate Emma.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The xmen are running out of villains, we dont need anymore coming over to the xmen. I would prefer he remember what happened and really hate Emma.

I always thought they would make a scott/emma/shaw love triangle

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The love triangle concept is getting old imo. Maybe Shaw would want Sage

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I miss sage and shes back but just not in an x-book. She should have been in the new x-factor book. Maybe she will join the later pages of x-factor, hopefully. Back in xtreme x-men when storm was the leader, sage has a thing for gambit but gambit was taken.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

Yup now that gambit is single and they both are very tough. I hope marvel isnt thinking of a gambit and polaris hook-up(in the new x-factor)?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yes, I want a powerful Hellfire Club back. A return of Selene and Sebastian Shaw would be awesome, Viper as a new White Queen, an intelligent Sauron (who was a team challenge with PIS but still) that is not a ridiculous jobber who gets beat down by Toad would be cool on the roster, Xavier's grandson (only interesting character I found from BotA), and a revived Candra as a new Red Queen.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love for this to be written as its own book. In addition to the inevitable tangles with the xmen and other MU heroes, having an ongoing Hellfire book might be interesting. I would like to see it be written in an organized crime type of way. They would work like the old school chicago outfit or new york five families with rivalries and sit downs and basically looking to carve up political power and wealth between the members. Sometimes they go to war with each other and sometimes they ban together but basically their influence is everywhere. It would be so cool if this serval industries from the new x-factor was secretly run by or controlled by this club

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By adamTRMM

I think this club really lost its charm. I mean they were all about secrets and intrigues, influence on very powerful people, and now after all what happened to its line-up or members themselves, I don't know if I'll ever take them for serious.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Gambit?!

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man how did I miss this? I HATE the current Hellfire Club! I want Shaw back and possibly Miss Sinister. I like the idea of Sinister being involved somehow, it gave the Club way more back story than it had previously. I also want new Hellions that are imposing and actually present a challenge for the X-Men. No Mudbug and Snotguy. The current Hellfire and Hellions suck.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

White Rook: Parnival Plunder

Black Queen: Astra

Black King: Sebastion Shaw

This is my team but credit goes to @Knighthood for a lot of my decision.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By HexThis

I'd rather the Hellfire club be more ambiguous than straight-up evil. I imagine Angel going in there, using the Worthington name and fortune, at the same time Black Tom Cassidy does and it would be a title all about these shades-of-gray characters falling on one side or the other.

Here's my roster...

White King: Warren Worthington because he inherited membership from his family. Maybe it would be Angel's way of reforming the Hellfire Club from the inside or, better yet, he's just conflicted.

White Queen: Madame Masque she's prominent in the Maggia crime syndicate so she's powerful but she's also a sympathetic character in a lot of ways too.

White Rook: Moonstone I liked Moonstone's involvement in the Dark Avengers, she came off as intelligent and effective but almost sociopathic, she'd create some interesting controversy.

Black King: Black Tom Cassidy is a good idea, I agree with @knighthood

Black Queen: MONET would be perfect because she's powerful in might and in influence. She also is a nice contrast to Emma whom she has a history with.

Black Rook: Hood, he has run syndicates before and he also can alter reality. He's involved with Madame Masque so that could provide for some interesting dynamics.

Black Bishop:Mystique because she's a brilliant criminal mastermind and tactician and she works much better as an anti-heroine than a cartoon villain like they've made her. Making her a teacher at Hellfire Academy was so ridiculous...she needs to be running the place, not begging for tenure.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Hellfire Club has always been terrible.

A group of psychotic children or a group of middle aged adults in corsets?

I'd read about almost any other X-Villain any day.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HAWK2916

@hexthis: I like that idea of Angel (Worthington) being there. In that same line of thought Karma could be interesting in a position seeing as how she's super rich now too.

My line-up is a little different and like I said my Hellfire Club is more like an organized crime syndicate, all about power, control, politics, intrigues, and money. I've also added another division besides just the White and Black. I've added a Red division.

White king: Sebastian Shaw

White Rook: Sat-yr-9

White Bishop: Madame Hydra

Black King: Black Tom Cassidy

Black Queen: Selene

Black Bishop: Bella Donna

Red King: Frederick Slade

Red Queen: Candra

Red Rook: Elias Bogan

Red Bishop: Moonstone (Karla Sofen)

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DarkDay

@hawk2916 said:

Well as crazy as it sounds, with mutants back in a big way we could always come up with more villains. And with actual intimidating power sets and interesting back stories as opposed to some of the recent X-students that I feel like as character designs were just meant as punchlines or power ideas that just got a name attached to them (I'm looking at you, Lights).

I like The Children of the Vault as a concept (probably more than in practice). Not fond of Sublime as a concept, but then again I find his character interesting. Vargas was another concept I found interesting. I think we could have gone somewhere with the idea of natural human counter-evolution to mutations. I know everyone loves the old school X-Villains, but honestly, in the old days there were a lot more misses than hits when it came to the villain pool. So I say we try out some ideas and see what sticks around and what fades. @knighthood just dropped a great Hellfire roster and I really like the idea of Wolverine having family that isn't nuclear in nature but rather some relation of a relation that he'd never even considered existing, let alone seeing as he sometimes doesn't think of his true age in relation to others or how awkward of a position that sort of puts him in regards to other people that might share his family name or are less direct family than say his children or their children (which hasn't come up yet, but still). I'd definitely like a new Hellfire Club though, not a big fan of the kids.

But inversely I wonder why we've never tried the opposite of the Hellfire Club. Why not a group of lower class mutants that feel that in their own way the X-Men are a Hellfire style club? NYX and X.S.E. pointed out that not every mutant is a superhero or villain type, so why not activist? The point honestly is that we shouldn't go into creative famine just yet. Not every idea is going to be a fan favorite, but that doesn't mean we stop trying or let the X-Men run out of villains.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think we need anymore Wolverine relatives or children or anything else at this point. The books are flooded as it is. I like the idea of Vargas and Children of the Vault.

I still maintain that the xmen need to have villains instead of the constant fighting amongst themselves. Even if its newer stories with some of the old villains. I mean there are plenty that are in character Limbo right now, but lately all it seems they want to write about is Cyclops vs Wolverine. It seems heroes have been at war between themselves in some way or other since Civil War and well enough is enough.

I do think that the idea of mutants wanting to be left alone and not be heroes or villains in something that can be pursued within the books.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By John Valentine

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.