Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who should join Storm's Extraordinary team?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By jhazzroucher

Poll Who should join Storm's Extraordinary team? (32 votes)

Rogue 31%
    Gambit 22%
    Rachel Grey 6%
    Bishop 3%
    Multiple Man 0%
    Captain Britain 6%
    Cerise 3%
    Sage 13%
    Hollow (known as Penance of Generation X) 16%

This is not about they can't be but rather who among on the poll do you want to be part of the Extraordinary X-men team.

It would be great if you tell us why you pick him/her. :)

No Caption Provided

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Multiple Man should be left alone. Rachel Grey is with Magneto. Rogue is with the Avengers. I have no interest in Gambit, Captain Britiain, Sage, Cerise, and Hollow(pfft).

That leaves Bishop.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By darthphoenix

Why did magik and m change sides?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....a better writer

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@koays said:

....a better writer

This but I would love to see Gambit and/or Sage come back to the team for little while. The kids are not interesting at all and we need some members to spice the roster up.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix: Magik didn't like what Cyclops was doing and M turned her back on Storm and the Jean Grey School

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I only say Rogue because I'd like to see her back in an X-book.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: yea..really I'd take Gambit or Rogue...leaving Bishop out because they have too many time travelers already. Its just Lemire's story is so weak(not necessarily bad) that idk if more star power will do anything...

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue makes the most sense to me and she'd fit in the best with the extraordinary team in my opinion. I'd like to see a lo of these characters again, but they don't all fit well with Storm's current team.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: A new writer indeed.

I say give this book to Peter David. Or maybe bring Jonathan Hickman onboard or even Cullen Bunn and let him write it as a flip side to Uncanny.

Turn this team into X.S.E 2.0 and give them government backing and have them police the mutant community while trying to protect the world from dangerous mutants. The roster would be: Storm. Havok. Dazzler. Bishop. Sage. Banshee. Rogue. Wolverine (the real one) and maybe Gambit

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Hickman is too Marvel for me. I feel like hes spent so much time showing how the Marvel U. Works and interacts together that hes gonna spend his time trying to include the Avengers/Spiderman whatever or show how the rest of Marvel is effected by the T-Mist. We need a writer who uses X-Men to improve the X-Men. Bunn can do it...David can too but not with this plot. Bunn can make it work without just throwing the plot out of the window. Plus he really seems to know his continuity.

Im just sort of blah on the protecting/policing mutants plot. Like they need an actual enemy to fight that they can beat after a couple of arcs and say "Hey the X-Men actually still fight and beat bad guys and are a threat to be reconned with". To me even as ass backwards as the Inhuman conflict is, its at least a more obvious threat that will have to end in a conflict.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: He. I can agree with you on Hickman. David could make it work though. Actually I'd be done with Inhuman bullshit altogether. Protecting and policing is still viable in my opinion because it allows us to get back to the actual xmen villains and stopping their threats. Give me areal villainous Hellfire Club, the Marauders return, Emplate or the Emplates, A real Brotherhood,Sisterhood, New Upstarts etc. Let Uncanny handle the revolutionary fight against the system type stuff while this book would actually be a government sanctioned squad. Maybe they agree that mutants should be registered but only Storm and her team have access to the registry which nothing can possibly go wrong there right lol

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Reader, Triton, Ahura, Crystal. Because you see there is nothing in X-men that means it has to be mutant all that continuity is really not important, its only important that they have powers and are outcasts, so forceful alteration to replace them with inhumans no matter how illogical and how poorly written is totally okay...

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like Rogue to come home to the X-Men, and the Extraordinary team is probably the best fit.

I would like to see Gambit join the Uncanny team.

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tristanheron: If the current X-Men Civil War series is any indication, Gambit would be more likely to join Extraordinary and Rachel join Uncanny. I think Gambit would be suited for both teams, but as long as Uncanny has Fantomex, he probably won't join that one.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: idk...im about as exhausted with revolution as you are with the Inhumans. We just spent 3 years being hype for the build to a revolution that never happened. I mean i wanna see those villain fights against those groups...but i think we need to transition into those stories from the end of something rather then just reset and throw something onto the board.

Its why I say Bunn. He can write us through this story and then after the Age of Inhuman is over we can have a moment of closure like "Consequences" was where we see tbe next threat and direction coming from around the corner. Thats where I see a David run and Policing a radical recovering mutant kind coming out of the ash. On top of that we could have someone like Selene or Deathbird or even Juggernaut peep their heads out like "Hey guys, the world didnt stop spinning those 16 months you were worried about dying out...heres what ive been up to"

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sage. They need a dedicated thinker on the team.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Revolution never happened but I get the exhaustion with the build up. This Inhuman crap is just.... Well it just needs to hurry up. Mutant extinction has been going on long enough. Here's an ending for you... How about humans finally wake up and realize that this fart cloud is killing more people than converting them to Inhumans and they actually decide to work with mutants to get rid of the Inhumans on earth. Sort of like the US and Russia somewhat in WW2. or how humans and mutants worked together in the future Summers rebellion. After banishing the Inhumans to another planet or the Blue Area of the Moon again.... Humans actually really get to see what trained mutants can do in battle and are fearful all over again. A whole new or in this case back to the old era starts in which countries, defense contracts and agencies want their own personal mutant army and to control them. Others want mutants gone, others worship them and want to be them and want their powers. Inhumans can live on the moon and deal with their factions and Nuhumans who are in danger from zealots who feel the mist are sacred and the Nuhumans are abominations. Also some Nuhumans don't want to be under the royal family's rule.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: when did psylocke and m turned their back on the jgs and storm?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: when did psylocke and m turned their back on the jgs and storm?

I'm only guessing because the way M treats Storm and makes smart remarks about the school. After secret wars we all of a sudden see Psylocke with Magneto and M with Magneto when the last place we saw them was at the Jean Grey school. SO whatever happened after Cyclops war with the Inhumans we'll see why Magik and Psylocke and M are where they are now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Hollow cos she's awesome. :)

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sage needs to return to the X-Men... and she works exceptionally well with Storm. I reckon it was their team up that led to all the Storm/Psylocke teaming up.

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rogue or Gambit.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was going to say Rogue... Until I saw 'Sage' was on this list! Yes. Love her! She reminds me of Aeon Flux in a way.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops and he should lead.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@rabumalal said:Cyclops and he should lead.

No. He's done enough.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

....a better writer

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would like to see Rogue in the X-Men again but I wouldn't want to see her written poorly.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

....a better writer

ahahaha agreed!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! Rogue is leading the poll and perhaps won't change. :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By poisonfleur

Now that I think of it, Extrodinary seems to be trying to be a modern day 90s X-men-- and Rogue is needed for that. Magik is close for over-the-top woman power-- but not close enough.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: What? Who???? It can't be her brother because he lives in her. And it's not Elixir he died in her hands kinda.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: What? Who???? It can't be her brother because he lives in her. And it's not Elixir he died in her hands kinda.

Don't know. And she'd not care less about Emplate...
    Part with who it was is open question, but it was stated somewhere, either in Civil War: X-Men or Uncanny series.
    Perhaps Giudo "Strong Guy"? He is nowhere around.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looked through issues - in fact it was stated twice. First in Uncanny X-Men 5 and then in Civil War: X-men 1.

No Caption Provided
    Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: What!? Strange I need to go back and read because I have ALL the issues. Hmmmm

Thanks though.

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked Gambit, just because I want to see him in a book again. Honestly, I'd love to see Gambit in his own team book, specifically, a new Heroes for Hire. Tired of the X-Men (he really isn't a teacher), not an Avenger, X-Factor went under, maybe just set up a team book with a few other non-used heroes in New Orleans.

radrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am on the Rogue or Sage vote. I think Rogue would make the most since for overall team composition, but if I written well Sage could offer a cool dynamic as well.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Tyger

Bishop, Dani Moonstar, Sunspot, one of Black Panther's bodyguards, or his sister, and one of the mutant Skrulls.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.